Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 4 Apr 2002, 22:17 (Ref:252247)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The programme formally known as......

Top Gear is back.....sort of! It's on tuesdays @ 7pm on C5, now known as 5th Gear!
Old 5 Apr 2002, 11:25 (Ref:252592)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was a top show, almost worth having Pay TV.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 14:56 (Ref:255698)   #3
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the BBC

Jeremy Clarkson, the most opinionated man in motoring, is coming home to Top Gear, on BBC Two.

Clarkson has signed a two year deal that will see him once again presenting the leading motoring show that he helped to make so popular. In addition to his work on the new series, he will continue to write for BBC Worldwide's
'Top Gear' magazine. He will be contributing exclusive road tests, features, opinions and the column he has penned since the market-leading magazine was launched in 1993.

Commenting on his return to the series, Clarkson said: "The motorist is under attack from all sides, and this gives me the chance to fight back on behalf of all us petrol-heads."

So cue some more OTT rants etc. I'll probably stick to 5thG and Driven
Old 9 Apr 2002, 22:34 (Ref:256044)   #4
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Clarkson was good during his time in Top Gear but his time is over really- I don't believe he has anything new to say! It's a shame the BBC have decided to stoop so low- it dosn't seem that long since they announced the end pf Top Gear- because they thought it was an out of date format!
Old 10 Apr 2002, 08:05 (Ref:256178)   #5
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Clarkson was good, but now all his colleagues have left, who is he going to present it with?
Old 11 Apr 2002, 12:14 (Ref:257196)   #6
con-rod
Rookie

con-rod should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so is top gear coming back on bbc2 with clarkson, or is it on c5 as '5th gear' ? or is it both?? i'm confused.

anyway i think clarkson is still the best car show presenter around ('cept maybe for some of the cute female ones), he may be a little too opinionated at times, but he's hilarious with it. i'd welcome him back to top-gear with open arms (...sort of)
Old 15 Apr 2002, 15:56 (Ref:261221)   #7
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by con-rod
so is top gear coming back on bbc2 with clarkson, or is it on c5 as '5th gear' ? or is it both??
Top Gear will be returning with Clarkson, AND 5th Gear is a completely different programme now being broadcast (just with all the best now-ex TG presenters)