Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History > Historic Image Archive

Old 27 Jun 2011, 18:59 (Ref:2906949)   #61
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David CM Stiles View Post
Dear Mike,
Perhaps you would be surprised to hear that your Dad's "tatty" Brooklands Riley VC6788 has in fact survived; I have owned it since the early sixties. David
David- I don't know what to say, that is amazing to hear! (Welcome to the forum by the way.)

Would it be possible at some pont for you to send me a PM with some info- I would love to see the car sometime.

Meanwhile, just scanned these extremely poor and small photos to show VC6788 when in Dad's tenure.

Regards, Mike

Old 29 Jun 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2908214)   #62
David CM Stiles
Rookie

David CM Stiles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your dad's Riley

Hi Mike,

You say you are amazed to hear that your dad's Riley has survived; just imagine how I feel having just looked at the two, I guess pre-war, photographs of the car. I have spent years in odd moments researching the Brooklands, but have only got back as far as 1957.
So you can see, I was damn near reduced to tears........

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!
David
Old 30 Jun 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2908836)   #63
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David CM Stiles View Post
Hi Mike,

You say you are amazed to hear that your dad's Riley has survived; just imagine how I feel having just looked at the two, I guess pre-war, photographs of the car. I have spent years in odd moments researching the Brooklands, but have only got back as far as 1957.
So you can see, I was damn near reduced to tears........

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!
David

David, I am fairly sure the photos are pre-war, and would guess taken somewhere around Loughborough. It is a great personal delight to me to hear that the car still exists, and now that we have established contact hopefully we can learn something relevant from each other!

Tears can be good sometimes.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:39 (Ref:2909303)   #64
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Spalding, Lincolnshire
John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!
Don't you just love it when plan comes together .... or something! Well done both; aren't you pleased that this forum exists!
Old 4 Jul 2011, 01:31 (Ref:2917698)   #65
BILTEL
Racer

England
Brackley, centre of the Earth
BILTEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billycooper View Post
Jus put up these pics, and even though i have a fair idea who and what they are, i dont wanna put a false desciption !, any help would be appreciated, more to follow too !,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1678887...7624382877618/
What a fantastic collection!!
ex Starion #20
Now building BMW 535i
for the 360, CTCRC Pre 93's
Old 3 Jan 2015, 08:20 (Ref:3489677)   #66
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know what. I know where, but I have a swag of pics where I can't fix the 'when' - usually at Donington! If anyone can pinpoint the date, It will help date other pics. A race programme would be even better if anyone can sell, scan or post!

Other pics I have show the Strand Glass Lotus Elite with three different race numbers but I can't date any of those accurately either.

Please send a PM if you can assist.

Last edited by socram; 3 Jan 2015 at 08:33.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 09:42 (Ref:3513198)   #67
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know what, and where, and organising club. It is 80's probably.

Old 9 Mar 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3513203)   #68
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Something from the archives, just out of interest. Who, where and when pretty easy I suspect, but why the thumb in air?
Old 3 Jan 2016, 21:48 (Ref:3601899)   #69
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can you please date these for me?

I am scanning 100's, nay, 1,000s of images from negative film and slides. Although I have a very comprehensive pile of race programmes, there were occasions when I didn't get one. These are from the 1980s with one at Cadwell - possibly an NSCC meeting which also included pre-57 saloons and the others at Donington.

Scans of the relevant programme pages would be appreciated. just send a PM and I'll pass on my email address.
Attached Thumbnails
180 Cadwell 851.jpg   182 Not sure 0001.jpg   182 not sure 085.jpg  

188_0004.jpg   182_Frazer.jpg  
Old 21 Mar 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3625526)   #70
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Spalding, Lincolnshire
John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!
That could be tricky. Might move it to one of our main historic forums.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!