Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Sep 2000, 15:09 (Ref:34578)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
anyone going to the btcc night races on the 16th september? seems like an interesting way to do racing....so i'm gonna give it a try. any tips on where to go for a good view?

Old 2 Sep 2000, 16:00 (Ref:34579)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you'll find there's quite a large contingent from Ten-tenths planning on heading to Silverstone for the night racing. As for where to watch from, I should imagine that if people leave the bar / campsite / barbeque for long enough they'd end up somewhere round Luffield, or Abbey if they're racing the short circuit - can't remember which circuit they're racing on.
Old 2 Sep 2000, 16:42 (Ref:34581)   #3
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For qualifying we stand around Becketts but we have seats in Woodcote A for the actual racing.
Heh - are we going to have a get together after the racing? You know last meeting etc etc. sob! sob!
Old 3 Sep 2000, 00:15 (Ref:34682)   #4
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gather a lot of us will be camping (bring your jam jars!) so a get together in the evening will not be impossible. Woody, bring the Matt Neal flat and pin it to your tent as a land mark. We can all camp in the same area then. That will make for interesting events. If anyone doesn't know what Woody's flat looks like then check out Parc Ferme. Hehe.
Old 3 Sep 2000, 13:40 (Ref:34789)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
camping?

*feels a right pansy*
i couldn't be arsed with camping. my house is three quarters of an hour away, so it's just as easy to go home. one of my friends who is coming is off to uni for freshers week the next day, so she can't really hang around.

anyone else? this could be quite a lot of fun....

Old 3 Sep 2000, 14:45 (Ref:34800)   #6
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
We can't stay overnight what with the youngster with us but can stay for a while.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 17:12 (Ref:34975)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, you don't HAVE to stay overnight, but at least hang on for an hour or two, and we'll have a barbeque and a giggle...

And that goes for Reb Appleton too... you've been told, Reb!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 17:20 (Ref:34976)   #8
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
I just hope the same doesn't happen as last year. By the time we had said our goodbyes to all and sundry (Dave Pinkney Vectra champion mostly) the lights had been turned off and we couldn't find the car. This year torch will be part of the essentials.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 18:36 (Ref:34995)   #9
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am going to the race . .but I haven't decided weather to camp at Silverstone yet.

Suppose it will depend on how Oulton Park goes
Old 4 Sep 2000, 20:03 (Ref:35003)   #10
Lorna
Veteran

Woody, I will decide for you. You ARE camping! Camping is fun! It'll be a larf. I only live half an hour away from Silverstone and I'll be camping.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 21:33 (Ref:35014)   #11
WoodyTJ
Veteran

Ok i'll ask the boss if we are camping and I will let you all know at Oulton!!!!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 21:43 (Ref:35021)   #12
Schoey
Rookie

Schoey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I suppose I'm going to have to be at Silverstone for the final race, missing my beloved ice hockey at the MEN Arena in Manchester for a weekend! The things I do for a 100% BTCC attendance record! Still, it's been worth it...I think!

Anyway, the insane brain that accompanies me around (in the void which is my head) is seriously considering travelling down to the London Arena on Sunday dinnertime to watch Manchester Storm thrash the London Knights (yeah, yeah - it's ice hockey again), and well it does seem a little bit pointless to drive up the M40/M6 at a ridiculous hour of the morning to travel back past Silverstone just a few hours later, even if I am completely mad, enjoy driving whilst half asleep and appreciate the comfort of my own bed more than anyone else in the world. So, anyway - back to the point. The question is... do I camp it up for a weekend? Oo-matron...

Oh god, what have I just said... :-)

Pete. (schoey)

Old 4 Sep 2000, 21:44 (Ref:35022)   #13
WoodyTJ
Veteran

Hey is schoey turning human????????
Old 4 Sep 2000, 21:59 (Ref:35026)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well, if Pete can manage to camp, then there's no bloody excuse for you not to Woody. Tell Davy to get his life sorted out...!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 22:06 (Ref:35032)   #15
Schoey
Rookie

Schoey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me? Human? Nah....unlikely!

Must be something in the air making me feel unseasonally sociable, it doesn't happen very often.

Pete. (schoey)
Old 4 Sep 2000, 22:22 (Ref:35036)   #16
WoodyTJ
Veteran

Couldn't miss an opportunity like this then could I ?!?!
Old 4 Sep 2000, 22:58 (Ref:35040)   #17
Lorna
Veteran

Just don't forget your jam jars ;-)
Old 4 Sep 2000, 23:05 (Ref:35042)   #18
WoodyTJ
Veteran

Oh dear - thought that read jim jams then! tee hee
Old 5 Sep 2000, 15:57 (Ref:35141)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
so who IS coming?
just booked the tickets - we're in woodcote stand somewhere......
Old 5 Sep 2000, 18:50 (Ref:35157)   #20
Sarah
Rookie

Sarah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going and I will be camping and I am sorry everyone but I have to bring my brother as he is paying and the tent belongs to him.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 18:57 (Ref:35160)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Old 5 Sep 2000, 18:58 (Ref:35161)   #22
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are joking aren't you Sarah?
Old 5 Sep 2000, 19:15 (Ref:35167)   #23
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NEALO!!!!!!!!
Anyone want a laaaaaager?
Old 5 Sep 2000, 20:41 (Ref:35175)   #24
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh ****, drunken welsh bod alert!!!!!!! Sound the warning sirens.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 20:41 (Ref:35176)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
No thank-you Lee - I want a good day out - not a day where i'm pestered incesantly by a welsh bloke. Do you have to bring him, Sarah ? Can't you borrow someone else's tent ?