Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Dec 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3345197)   #1
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dessert V8 Supercars back to TEN in 2015!!!!! (Merged x6)

biggest news for 2014 is that we will all be watching the races on Channel 10 and Foxtel.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:03 (Ref:3345199)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
biggest news for 2014 is that we will all be watching the races on Channel 10 and Foxtel.
thats an unusal comment, unless you know something that you have left out.

edit V8 Supercars signs six-year media deal with Foxtel, FOX SPORTS and Ten Network

however its for 2015 onwards

Last edited by peckstar; 17 Dec 2013 at 23:14.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3345202)   #3
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't find a report anywhere, but just saw this on Facebook

BREAKING: V8 Supercars has just announced a new six-year television deal with Foxtel, FOX SPORTS and Ten Network worth $241 million from 2015
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:16 (Ref:3345204)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Couldn't find a report anywhere, but just saw this on Facebook

BREAKING: V8 Supercars has just announced a new six-year television deal with Foxtel, FOX SPORTS and Ten Network worth $241 million from 2015
V8 Supercars signs six-year media deal with Foxtel, FOX SPORTS and Ten Network

6 year deal $241M
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3345205)   #5
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Supercars back to TEN

BRING BACK LEIGH DIFFEY!!!!!

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/c...nd-ten-network

Quote:
Today V8 Supercars announced a six-year, $241 million media deal with Foxtel, FOX SPORTS and Ten Network for all media rights including digital from 2015 to 2020, consisting of $196 million cash and $45 million of advertising.

It is the biggest deal ever inked for the sport and represents a significant increase on all previous deals.

V8 Supercars CEO James Warburton said: “This is a tremendous and significant deal for our sport. It is a great boost to our amazing race teams and fans and will lead to unprecedented coverage on multiple platforms for our sport, never before seen on such a scale.

“I thank Richard Freudenstein, CEO and Managing Director of Foxtel; Patrick Delany, CEO of FOX SPORTS; and Hamish McLennan, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Ten Network Holdings, for their plans and commitment to grow this sport to unprecedented levels.

“I would also like to thank Seven and their commitment to the sport since 2007 and of course their continued support for 2014, the final year of our partnership,” Mr Warburton said.

Foxtel CEO and Managing Director, Richard Freudenstein, said: “Foxtel is delighted to partner with V8 Supercars, Australia’s pre-eminent motorsport series. This relationship will significantly strengthen our sports offering and give yet another reason to subscribe to Foxtel.

“Hundreds of thousands of Australians love motorsports and I know that dedicated fans will be delighted that Foxtel and FOX SPORTS will be able to deliver a breadth and depth of coverage of the V8 Supercars Series that they’ve never seen before.

“Not only will the series be available in amazing High Definition on the Foxtel cable and satellite service, fans will also be able to enjoy all the action on the move with Foxtel Go or with the convenience of Foxtel Play.”

FOX SPORTS CEO, Patrick Delany, said: “V8 Supercars have a proud history of innovation. We relish the opportunity to work with talented V8 Supercars race teams and the team at V8 Supercars TV to give the sport the FOX SPORTS treatment – every minute of practice, qualifying, support categories and the Championship races – all LIVE and in stunning HD.

“We will be there for the fans and we will make no compromises in delivering them the finest coverage. We will focus on innovating coverage to take fans closer to the action, the heroes, the stars and the insights. There will be weekly entertainment shows to complement the LIVE race coverage and a massive promotional platform via not only our seven FOX SPORTS channels but the entire Foxtel platform,” he said.

Ten Network Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Hamish McLennan, said: “We are delighted to welcome V8 Supercars back home to Ten in 2015.

“V8 Supercars is an iconic Australian sport, reaching into every part of the country, and James Warburton and his team have big plans to make it even stronger and better.

“Ten is now truly the home of motorsport. Formula One, MotoGP and V8 Supercars will make a powerful, exciting combination for all our viewers and advertisers. Today’s announcement is in line with our strategy of investing in premium live sport and adding more Event TV to Ten.

“I'm personally looking forward to seeing the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and other great V8 Supercars events on Ten,” he said.

V8 Supercars has just completed its most competitive season which heralded the highly successful introduction of the new generation car and 17 different race winners.

Nissan Motorsport and Erebus Motorsport V8 joined the grid with strong success alongside traditional rivals Ford and Holden, while Polestar Volvo Racing will take on the field next year in two Volvo S60 Supercars.

The sport also announced new three-year deals with the Queensland and New South Wales Governments. This ensures the future of four marquee events on the Gold Coast, Townsville, Sydney and Ipswich, and adds an additional Championship event in Sydney at Sydney Motorsport Park in 2014.

The 2014 V8 Supercars season kicks off with the sydney.com pre-season test day at Sydney Motorsport Park (Feb 15) followed by the Clipsal 500 Adelaide from Feb 27-March 2.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3345206)   #6
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out by a year. D'oh!
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3345207)   #7
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Does this mean no more Matt White and Beretta??

Im really hoping if it is broadcast on Foxtel it will be ad free or at least there will be more coverage shown and things like qualifying will actually be live, and not a delayed broadcast....
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:23 (Ref:3345208)   #8
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been following the V8s religiously since 1997 but if there are races that are only shown on Foxtel I'll stop watching the V8s all together. I refuse to pay for television.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:23 (Ref:3345209)   #9
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
MarkInTheStands should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope this means what I think it means.

Bathurst, Live in HD, Ad free on Foxtel. With Live coverage on Ten, to get around the anti-siphoning laws.

Please note as far as I understand, only Bathurst is on the Anti-Siphoning specifically.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:25 (Ref:3345213)   #10
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
I've been following the V8s religiously since 1997 but if there are races that are only shown on Foxtel I'll stop watching the V8s all together. I refuse to pay for television.
I get the feeling this will be more like the AFL deal with 7.

The Races will be available on regular TV, but foxtel will have it live in HD and SD as well, ad free.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3345215)   #11
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Nevermind.. didnt realise there was another thread already....

Stupid dialup taking forever.. this is all Malcolm Turnbulls fault!!!!!
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3345217)   #12
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No more Tom Williams ruining the Enduro telecasts!
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3345218)   #13
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
No more Tom Williams ruining the Enduro telecasts!
I am sure 10 will find someone equally annoying.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3345222)   #14
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So... will the Melb Grand Prix round finally become part of the championship??
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3345226)   #15
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Everything gets stale over time and certainly time to mix it all up with the TV package. It looked pretty good in 2007 but looks dated now.

Night races are essential. Bring the flames back with the exhaust.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3345228)   #16
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInTheStands View Post
I am sure 10 will find someone equally annoying.
Actually this is a good point... you only have to look at the V8 coverage from the Aus GP.... hmmmmmm
Old 18 Dec 2013, 00:02 (Ref:3345229)   #17
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like a good deal to me and high fives all around on that one.

When 7 came in, it was a breath of fresh air and the first couple years were really good. And then it slipped and just kind of stagnated.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 00:14 (Ref:3345231)   #18
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder what the digital media access will be like for folk living outside Australia?
Old 18 Dec 2013, 00:16 (Ref:3345233)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Out by a year. D'oh!
im crediting you with breaking the story first though.

How did you hear?
Old 18 Dec 2013, 00:23 (Ref:3345234)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Fox Sports CEO Patrick Delany says the subscription service will televise ”every minute of practice, qualifying, support categories and the Championship races” live and in HD.
Quote:
There will be weekly entertainment shows to complement the live race coverage and a massive promotional platform via not only our seven Fox Sports channels but the entire Foxtel platform
from speedcafe
Old 18 Dec 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3345236)   #21
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not a dig at you personally, but I don't understand the logic behind this. A lot of people 'refuse to pay for television'. Why? I've had MySky here in NZ for the last 6 odd years, and it's worth every bloody cent. The motorsports coverage is great for F1, Nascar and this year, the V8s. Yup, full Bathurst coverage, ad free, in HD. Lovely. Plus movies, and then there's the other crap the mrs likes to watch, which is why I have the man cave with another box full of recorded HD motorsport. For not a lot of money.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 00:37 (Ref:3345238)   #22
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The coverage of the support categories is excellent by Foxtel and shows a great commitment to motorsport rather than just V8s which is very encouraging.

The digital rights is an interesting development and movement away from the original strategy of Warbutton for V8SA to hold onto these.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3345239)   #23
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Not a dig at you personally, but I don't understand the logic behind this. A lot of people 'refuse to pay for television'. Why? I've had MySky here in NZ for the last 6 odd years, and it's worth every bloody cent. The motorsports coverage is great for F1, Nascar and this year, the V8s. Yup, full Bathurst coverage, ad free, in HD. Lovely. Plus movies, and then there's the other crap the mrs likes to watch, which is why I have the man cave with another box full of recorded HD motorsport. For not a lot of money.
If they want me to watch their advertising billboards on wheels go around past the advertising billboards on the safety barriers (both real and the dubbed in ones) while the commentators frequently remind me of the event sponsors name then they can show it to me for free or not at all.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 00:51 (Ref:3345241)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
If they want me to watch their advertising billboards on wheels go around past the advertising billboards on the safety barriers (both real and the dubbed in ones) while the commentators frequently remind me of the event sponsors name then they can show it to me for free or not at all.
however there are less ads during the race on pay which means you get more time to watch racing.

based on the above theory you would prefer that
Old 18 Dec 2013, 01:02 (Ref:3345244)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That must be some kind of record, to get TWO teev deals done in the same year!

Great to get an improved income stream over the current deal, and the previous deal, in cash.. and even more in kind!

Well done to Mr Warburton & his team.

He seems to be kicking some goals at the minute... and no signs of the sharks circling...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House