Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2003, 13:15 (Ref:679590)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a great race overall. JPM was in another league with an unbeatable Williams. Bad luck for TGF, which usually has enough luck.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 16:47 (Ref:679764)   #52
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
I dunno what your all so excited about the Williams now appears to be having Ferrari-like dominance which will make for 2002-like boredom.
Absolutely not! I can't agree with this at all. Last year, TGF had the title wrapped up in France, remember, this year is nothing like that at all. And the race before this last one was won by Rubens in the Ferrari! It's not as if Williams have won umpteen races in a row...

Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Williams has this WDC wrapped up IMO
LOL! JPM is trailing Schumacher by 6 points! I'm certainly not going to discount the 5 times champion. And Hungary is traditionally a bad track for JPM...

Nope, this WDC is far from decided, in fact, it's wide open!

Last edited by R; 4 Aug 2003 at 16:48.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 17:29 (Ref:679791)   #53
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, that's the best season in years. I just hope the championship to be decided at Suzuka in the last 2 laps of the race !
Old 5 Aug 2003, 01:26 (Ref:680087)   #54
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Geez Teddy, counting those chickens a little early.

Williams and Montoya have it in the bag? I dont think so. Williams I agree are the favorites for WCC, but my money is still on MS to finish in front.

Would love to see Montoya try the 'Nurburg' move again. Not sure MS will be as generious now he's a title contender.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 04:44 (Ref:680153)   #55
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
Absolutely not! I can't agree with this at all. Last year, TGF had the title wrapped up in France, remember, this year is nothing like that at all. And the race before this last one was won by Rubens in the Ferrari! It's not as if Williams have won umpteen races in a row...
LOL! JPM is trailing Schumacher by 6 points! I'm certainly not going to discount the 5 times champion. And Hungary is traditionally a bad track for JPM...

Nope, this WDC is far from decided, in fact, it's wide open!
I'm not saying the whole season has been boring I was saying the LAST RACE was boring in terms of who was going to win it and this reminded me of 2002 style Michael Shumacher like boredom!

And the championship is not wide open...if Bridgestone don't get there act together soon Shumi has not a chance at the WDC...however Kimi and Juan could make it interesting.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 05:25 (Ref:680167)   #56
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Na last year was boring because we watched a lone Ferrari disappear into the distance. This race had same great action (that we actually got to watch) behind the leader.

For the record, I still have no problem with a car blitzing the field. Michael and Ferrari were the best last year, and deserved it. IN Germany it was Juan and Williams, and they deserved it. If your the best, you deserve to wipe the floor with the rest of them.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 10:49 (Ref:680358)   #57
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that if you looked beyond Montoya there were great battles throughout the race with Webber's battles with Coulthard & then Button late in the race & the dice between Trulli/Scumacher/Coulthard was unbelievable, i think it is unfair to compare that race with anything from 2002.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 11:02 (Ref:680371)   #58
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Maybe Ralf could make a comeback drive at Hungary and still be in it. Right, Steph?
Old 6 Aug 2003, 12:51 (Ref:681228)   #59
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Not the best race of the season, but a total domination display by Juan Pablo.

Good race for second place too, albeit, over a minute behind
Old 6 Aug 2003, 20:58 (Ref:681590)   #60
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When was the last time someone won by that much or more? Anyone up for doing a search?
Old 6 Aug 2003, 21:04 (Ref:681594)   #61
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A long time ago!
Old 6 Aug 2003, 21:06 (Ref:681598)   #62
R
Veteran

Yes, because even if TGF was dominant last year, he often slowed down towards the end of the races, so I can't remember the gap being that big for a long while.
Old 6 Aug 2003, 21:23 (Ref:681609)   #63
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
When was the last time someone won by that much or more? Anyone up for doing a search?

I think the last time was Schumacher at Monaco 1997. Or was it Senna at Donington 1993?
Old 7 Aug 2003, 00:02 (Ref:681684)   #64
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Mika in 97 or was it 98 ?
I seem to remember him blitzing the field sometime around then.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 00:13 (Ref:681686)   #65
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
I think in 98 The Macs lapped everyone in Melbourne.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 10:23 (Ref:681884)   #66
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes but that was the two of them, the winning margin from 1st to 2nd would have been a couple of seconds.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 12:13 (Ref:681967)   #67
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It doesn't come close to some of these:
http://www.formulaone.free-online.co.../largewin.html

Although this list isn't much use in helping track down the last win bigger than 1 minute.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:06 (Ref:682116)   #68
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
Mika Silverstone 2001? Maybe th margin was not that big but Mika totally dominated the race!
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:20 (Ref:682160)   #69
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport's "Stat attack" has the answers, with a little added:

the last Gp had the the biggest win since Damon Hill's 1995 Australian two lap win.

it is the the biggest win without lapping the entire field (!) since the 68.128s cushion achieved also by Damon during the 1994 British GP (after Michael Schumcher was disqualified).
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:41 (Ref:682171)   #70
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

So a long time record broken.

Good for JPM, who's thinking to drive another car...
Old 7 Aug 2003, 19:06 (Ref:682188)   #71
R
Veteran

Thanks Adam!

When Damon won the 1995 Australian Grand Prix by that clear margin, everyone else driving for any of the top 3 teams had dropped out. That was not the case this time, with TGF and DC running at the end...
Old 8 Aug 2003, 16:51 (Ref:683035)   #72
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by R
Thanks Adam!

When Damon won the 1995 Australian Grand Prix by that clear margin, everyone else driving for any of the top 3 teams had dropped out. That was not the case this time, with TGF and DC running at the end...
Makes it all the more impressive don't ya think?

Tags
jpm