Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 16 Jan 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1816947)   #201
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been mentioned on CMSHG but nobody responded. It would be great if we could get someone in there and find out what they have. No list of contents, even an overview, has ever been published to my knowledge.

John - are you able to see what 10 Tenths members live around Toronto?

Allen
Old 17 Jan 2007, 09:42 (Ref:1817302)   #202
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, sorry, I can only search by username. I can only suggest a PM to Georgethecar, in the hope that he picks it up in time.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 15:52 (Ref:1817660)   #203
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob Harrington is about 30 to 50 miles away and has connections from his days as a CASC official. I have no idea what they still have but I think the address is or was that of the Ont. region of CASC. When Muriel Knapp was alive she would have kept everything.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 15:59 (Ref:1817668)   #204
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Archive apparantly has all the CASC materials.

I'd love to know whether they have race results for Formula A and B races in the period 1968-1971 but it seems that the only way to find out is to get in there and look.

Allen
Old 17 Jan 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1817699)   #205
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At that time CASC was comprised of several regions, Maritimes, Quebec, Ont, Prairie and BC. Ont. is the only surviving region. Power struggle and different NTL. governing body now. I suspect most of the archives are from Ont. where Muriel was Ma Knapp and really ran the Region no matter who the elected officials were.
There is a good chance that she was able to get a hold of the Ntl. Archives during or after the power struggle. Again Bob Harrington is the best bet and he is a member of the Forum.
Old 25 Jan 2007, 10:51 (Ref:1825526)   #206
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm noting more and more that racing car dealers are quoting chassis nos. in their adverts (good on them), and I was struck by this coincidence in the latest issue of Octane:-

1963 ISO Grifo A3/C, chassis B 0201 (Hall & Bradfield, Pg 131)
1964 ISO Grifo A3/C, chassis B 0202 (Grand Prix Classics, Pg 150)

Can't be too often that rare cars with consecutive chassis nos. appear for sale in the same mag.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 16:07 (Ref:1852937)   #207
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

John

Would you be willing to disect the March 722-to-772 thread?

Before I get into the French 762s, I think it would be beneficial to start a specific 762 thread. There is very little 762-relevant content in the big thread, mainly just posts 194 and 206-210. There are relevant mentions on posts 125, 159 and 191 which might warrant copying the post and very minor references on posts 187, 190 and 215 which could be ignored.

If you're happy to make this amend, I'll also go though and identify the 772 content as that would be even easier to strip out. That would leave us with a thread covering the 722, 732, 742 and 752.

Allen
Old 28 Feb 2007, 10:35 (Ref:1853650)   #208
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yep, no problem, Allen.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1853840)   #209
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

772 bits are easier:

Posts 1-5; 14 (part?); 25; 74-75; 175-193; 195-197; 215. I have left behind anything that talks about a car that was modified into a 772.

I noticed there are some 772P posts still there. I'm not sure whether copies of thee are now in the 772P thread and they can be safely removed or whether they got left behind.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1854018)   #210
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I'll have a crack at sorting this over the next few days.
Old 1 Mar 2007, 09:35 (Ref:1854424)   #211
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I have removed the off topic posts of Drifty, Chris, Allen and myself, from the Tecno F2 thread.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 09:55 (Ref:1856788)   #212
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
March 762

Thread now split out to include all posts referred to by Allen above but suitably (I hope!) edited. Where the posts appear to be 772 related, I have also highlighted the reference to 762 to show why they have been left in, and for continuity. The latter reason also explains why I have left the references to David Franklin's 772-10 - see post #3.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 10:32 (Ref:1857094)   #213
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
March 772

Separate thread now in place. Will now edit/delete where necessary in the original thread multi type thread.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 11:07 (Ref:1857114)   #214
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Thanks John
Old 6 Apr 2007, 15:45 (Ref:1884967)   #215
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

John

Could the March 723 thread be moved into the Archive please.

Allen
Old 6 Apr 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1884972)   #216
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RE Lola T70 thread.

Hi John,
re-LolaT70 mk3 b.

As i have some updated material is it possible to be able to modify the 1st post on the thread, so all info on the chassis are availible on one post?.

Or is there a way i can update the post ?.

Pete
Old 7 Apr 2007, 09:24 (Ref:1885332)   #217
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Hi, Pete,

It shouldn't be a problem. If you go to your first post, you can hit the 'Quote' button and then start editing it so that the amendments appear in your new post. You can then take out the quote brackets, so that it appears as a completely new post. Alternatively, of course, you can drag the cursor across the whole of first post to highlight it, right click, select 'copy' and then paste it in the new post, and again edit it, with the same result.

(Reminder to me - a further update to be made to the Chris Beighton car!)
Old 7 Apr 2007, 09:27 (Ref:1885333)   #218
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
John

Could the March 723 thread be moved into the Archive please.

Allen
Allen, you've answered the question I was about to pose. Will be done, Sir!
Old 7 Apr 2007, 09:34 (Ref:1885340)   #219
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks John knew there must be a way

Pete
Old 16 May 2007, 17:38 (Ref:1914815)   #220
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

John

Could Steve's new 713M thread be merged into the 703 thread already in the archive. The 703 thread has talked more about 713s than 703s so I guess it should renamed to "March 703 - 713".

Thanks

Allen
Old 17 May 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1915467)   #221
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Now done, Allen.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 19:41 (Ref:1933413)   #222
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

John

Could you merge Drifty's new March 792 thread into the original one please?

Thanks

Allen
Old 15 Aug 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1989466)   #223
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would it be a help if there was a sticky with an index to facilitate navigation? It's probably not a must-have but it would save using 'guess and scroll'

It could be as simple as

Page First Entry
  1. ALD
  2. Brabham BT23
  3. Chevron B29
  4. FIA GT
  5. Lola T70 Mk3B
  6. Martini F2
  7. Sunbeam Tigers - The Works cars

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.
Old 15 Aug 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1989525)   #224
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Good Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Type
Would it be a help if there was a sticky with an index to facilitate navigation? It's probably not a must-have but it would save using 'guess and scroll'

It could be as simple as

Page First Entry
  1. ALD
  2. Brabham BT23
  3. Chevron B29
  4. FIA GT
  5. Lola T70 Mk3B
  6. Martini F2
  7. Sunbeam Tigers - The Works cars
That is a very good idea indeed and will facilitate easier access.

Also how about a slight realignment? Why not put the Display Options at the top of the page as I tend to re-order the sequence by Last Date Posted.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 10:28 (Ref:1991197)   #225
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
More work for me? I might get around to doing the first one. Not sure I understand the second request, Steve.