Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Oct 2011, 03:49 (Ref:2967852)   #26
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
Good to see the V8s and F1 together in Abu Dhabi too.
When does the contract between V8SA and Abu Dhabi expire? It seems there wont be a new one forthcoming.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2968996)   #27
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
When does the contract between V8SA and Abu Dhabi expire? It seems there wont be a new one forthcoming.
enews is suggesting the opposite, they are signing a a long term contract to make next year happen.

From my point of view with the calender, i went to Winton PI and expect to get to Sandown this year. I am doubtful i will be able to go back to back with Winton and Sandown
Old 11 Oct 2011, 02:16 (Ref:2969011)   #28
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
I thought it was more about 10 having the TV rights for the AGP
Don't 10 also have the rights for the GP in Abu Dhabi? Can someone please explain what the difference is here?
Old 11 Oct 2011, 03:52 (Ref:2969028)   #29
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
Don't 10 also have the rights for the GP in Abu Dhabi? Can someone please explain what the difference is here?
Telecasting the AGP day against telecasting the O/S race and 7 has the rights for the V8 series.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 23:49 (Ref:2969569)   #30
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
10 don't have rights to overseas F1 support races. Only the AGP support races.
Old 14 Oct 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2971051)   #31
vidal
Rookie

Belgium
Netherlands
vidal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Countdown

You might want to check Race Countdown which counts down on the millisecond to every race event
Old 10 Feb 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3024208)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even F1's Mr Saward is interested in V8Supercar Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
In addition V8 Supercars is expanding internationally with plans for races in India, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and South Africa. There will be a race at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas in 2013.
How will they all fit on the calendar?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Feb 2012, 20:09 (Ref:3024243)   #33
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunatley, by cutting off there homeland gradually for new shores, like most originally European based series.

Why Don't they race at Calder Park, it looks like a great place.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 10 Feb 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3024247)   #34
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Searching the V8 website this morning to see if we have live timing for the Sandown test, and came across this interesting list of circuits.

· Adelaide Street Circuit
· Albert Park
· Barbagallo Raceway
· Gold Coast Street Circuit
· Hamilton City Street Race
· Hidden Valley Raceway
· Mount Panorama, Bathurst
· Okayama International Circuit - Full
· Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
· Queensland Raceway
· Sandown
· Silverstone Grand Prix
· Sydney Olympic Park Street Race
· Symmons Plains Raceway
· TBA
· Townsville
· Winton Motor Raceway
· Yas Marina Circuit

Still with a TBA, are we going to Japan and the UK as well?
Old 10 Feb 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3024259)   #35
wick
Rookie

wick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Add a couple more overseas races (after dropping a couple of local events) and a couple more manufacturers and suddenly you've got a World V8 Touring Car Championship
Old 10 Feb 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3024265)   #36
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should Winton, Symmons, Barbagello and QR be nervous ?
Old 10 Feb 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3024276)   #37
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i have read in the last few days that they want the series to go to 18 rounds from possibly as early as next year.

in theory this means that the Australian tracks are safe , well at least for now

and Adam46, they used to race there, but was a quite boring venue to watch, could not handle large crowds, lacked infrastructure and thete was a problem with the owner not paying his bill
Old 10 Feb 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3024280)   #38
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Go Harder; Does that mean that V8 Supercars are coming to the UK this season?

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 10 Feb 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3024323)   #39
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i have read in the last few days that they want the series to go to 18 rounds from possibly as early as next year.

in theory this means that the Australian tracks are safe , well at least for now

and Adam46, they used to race there, but was a quite boring venue to watch, could not handle large crowds, lacked infrastructure and thete was a problem with the owner not paying his bill
That was actually part of the announcement made when COTF was launched from memory (or may have been when the calendar was announced last year). Part of the plan with a supposedly cheaper and easier to repair COTF plus the partial sale is to do more rounds, which the teams have signed off on. I recall the number being 18 as well.

VESA have Mr Whittaker out there working on more international rounds - that is probably where the Saward story originated.

Adam, under the current arrangement with the FIA, the V8's can't race in Europe anywhere west of Istanbul apparently.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3024348)   #40
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
I'd vote for that, but somehow I doubt it.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 23:34 (Ref:3024350)   #41
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Given the limited, and reducing ability to get large sanction fees from circuits, surely most of this international expansion ambition is reliant on the new TV rights deal's ability to underwrite the cost?

Does a more international calendar in turn affect the chances of getting a larger rights fee. It certainly greatly affect the costs to any broadcaster....
Old 10 Feb 2012, 23:40 (Ref:3024351)   #42
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Adam, under the current arrangement with the FIA, the V8's can't race in Europe anywhere west of Istanbul apparently.
In addition they cannot have more than 6 international rounds as well.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 00:51 (Ref:3024372)   #43
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
Adam, I have no idea what the list means, it's under the tab "Circuits" in the V8 live app on the website... I don't think you'll see the V8's there this season, and if the list is for 2013 then it's missing the already announced US round in Austin, Texas.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 01:36 (Ref:3024380)   #44
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

18 events in 40 weeks is what Mark Skaife said in an interview on Melbourne radio ( the 3AW sports show with Gerard Healy & Dwayne (Pipe) Russell).

& the problems at Calder relate more to the owner (V8 legend Bob Jane) than just the bill. V8 Hall of Famer now persona non grata.

Last edited by cavvy; 11 Feb 2012 at 01:43.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 03:21 (Ref:3024398)   #45
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I read that ANDRA is heading back to Calder for 1/8mile events as part of the national series and they are even having an stand alone Top Fueler (1000ft) event this month... So Calder seems to be getting back into action a bit more, I can only dream of another night race there for the v8s.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3024406)   #46
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Adam, I have no idea what the list means, it's under the tab "Circuits" in the V8 live app on the website... I don't think you'll see the V8's there this season, and if the list is for 2013 then it's missing the already announced US round in Austin, Texas.
Could it have anything to do with iRacing? I'm pretty sure the online V8 Championship runs at both Silverstone and Okayama.