Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Dec 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3598220)   #1
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Archer cashing out?

Seems Auto Action are suggesting that Archer capital are testing the waters of selling their 65% share of V8 Supercars. They reportedly rejected a recent offer of $40 million for their original investment of $165 million.
STORY HERE
Old 16 Dec 2015, 21:38 (Ref:3598225)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Seems Auto Action are suggesting that Archer capital are testing the waters of selling their 65% share of V8 Supercars. They reportedly rejected a recent offer of $40 million for their original investment of $165 million.
STORY HERE
Mrs Klimenko could have bought it with her Erebus spend... Oops... too soon?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Dec 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3598227)   #3
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It'd be more ironic if Mercedes bought the series...
Old 16 Dec 2015, 22:08 (Ref:3598229)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
After seeing what she's achieved with a race team, imagine what she could with an entire series...
Old 17 Dec 2015, 00:34 (Ref:3598258)   #5
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Imagine that.... The format would have changed to V8 Super Formula 1 because a friend of her Dad's once hired a corporate box at the Grand Prix. Naturally Bernie wouldn't have been interested in an Australia F1 franchise, so it would have strictly bee a customer deal. Due to a lack of turn around time no one will understand what's going on and attendances will drop 90% in the first season.... this will have obviously been due to it being a brand new sport, someone in the series starting a terrible rumour that the series was changing to F1 cars and the general feeling that the days of average citizens being able to run a sports series being over.... Overall though, none of this will be in any way related to the owner making ridiculously bad business decisions and apparently being incapable of owning those decisions......
Old 18 Dec 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3598667)   #6
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
STORY HERE
$165m in, and maybe $40m back.

Someone was sold a pup.
Old 18 Dec 2015, 22:38 (Ref:3598676)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
$165m in, and maybe $40m back.

Someone was sold a pup.
Do you own a car, I'll give you $50 for it.

Does that mean your car is now valued at $50 and you've been sold a pup?
Old 18 Dec 2015, 23:41 (Ref:3598684)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where did the offer come from, Tony Quinn?
Old 19 Dec 2015, 01:25 (Ref:3598693)   #9
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Todays daily fish wrapper is claiming Mr Warburton is looking at a $10m windfall for his 5% share of the sport. Maybe he was sold the pup !
It also says his wife got $15m when Austar sold to Foxtel so he doesn't exactly need the money for school uniforms or anything.
Old 20 Dec 2015, 04:28 (Ref:3598896)   #10
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Do you own a car, I'll give you $50 for it.

Does that mean your car is now valued at $50 and you've been sold a pup?
When $50 is the highest offer and no one else if offering - I think it does.
Old 20 Dec 2015, 05:03 (Ref:3598898)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
When $50 is the highest offer and no one else if offering - I think it does.
clearly not a salesmen
Old 20 Dec 2015, 06:22 (Ref:3598900)   #12
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Of more concern I would have thought is AA's inference that there hasn't been any real clamouring to buy Archer Capital's share. Its felt currently that investment into any sport (probably outside of the two major ball codes) is a risk, particularly with the ever-changing broadcasting platforms available to consumers these days.

I'm wondering why Archer would want to sell. Isnt the series absolutely flying, a big new TV deal securing the sports future and everything smelling like roses? Why would your major shareholder want out (at least partially)?

And obviously someone with $40m spare felt that's what Archers $160m share was worth...
Old 20 Dec 2015, 23:32 (Ref:3599026)   #13
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'm wondering why Archer would want to sell. Isnt the series absolutely flying, a big new TV deal securing the sports future and everything smelling like roses? Why would your major shareholder want out (at least partially)?
The reason Archer would want to sell, is that is what they do. Ordinarily you would buy low sell high.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 01:42 (Ref:3599050)   #14
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Archer bought very high conned by Cochrane.All the execs that signed onto the deal have been shown the door.They will take a loss and the question is how big a loss they will wear to be rid of V8SA.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 01:45 (Ref:3599051)   #15
Umai Naa
Veteran

No doubt they'll be hoping to offload it while it's still worth something.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 02:23 (Ref:3599056)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
No doubt they'll be hoping to offload it while it's still worth something.
are you suggesting the 12 hour is about to go under?

profitability up 80%
Crowds up 4%
TV audience up 29%
Old 21 Dec 2015, 04:08 (Ref:3599065)   #17
Stram_man
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Stram_man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While they may be selling at a loss I would be interested as to what cash they have ripped out each year during their period of ownership. It would be substantial I would think given the general decline in money being invested back into the sport.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 04:49 (Ref:3599069)   #18
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stram_man View Post
While they may be selling at a loss I would be interested as to what cash they have ripped out each year during their period of ownership. It would be substantial I would think given the general decline in money being invested back into the sport.
I doubt Archer have "ripped out" much money from the business at all.Their period of ownership has coincided with the time payments to the teams-which are a proportion of profits- have dwindled to nearly nothing.This year has been more profitable due to the Foxtel money however 2 things cloud the horizon.Firstly Foxtel viewing numbers relative to how much they paid have been terrible particularly in comparison to F1 which has been a huge success for Foxtel.Unless these numbers change dramatically at the next renewal Foxtel would not pay this premium again or at least would direct their budget towards F1.Secondly Gen 2 has so much uncertainty around it-at the moment the grid could easily be 24 Commodores and 2 Volvos-that the whole thing looks about as good a long term investment as a coal mine.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 04:53 (Ref:3599072)   #19
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Firstly Foxtel viewing numbers relative to how much they paid have been terrible particularly in comparison to F1 which has been a huge success for Foxtel.Unless these numbers change dramatically at the next renewal Foxtel would not pay this premium again or at least would direct their budget towards F1.
Care you substantiate your claim?
Old 21 Dec 2015, 05:44 (Ref:3599078)   #20
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Care you substantiate your claim?
Do you want peckstar to substantiate his claims above too or do they suit your argument and are thus deemed not worthy of your beacon of truth, which you shine on the world's great injustices
Old 21 Dec 2015, 05:48 (Ref:3599079)   #21
Umai Naa
Veteran

Here we go again...
Old 21 Dec 2015, 06:51 (Ref:3599088)   #22
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Do you want peckstar to substantiate his claims above too or do they suit your argument and are thus deemed not worthy of your beacon of truth, which you shine on the world's great injustices
Is peckstar really Ray Bell in disguise?

Seems to have the same negative tones as Bell, and I understand Bell is banned from this forum.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3599094)   #23
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post

Seems to have the same negative tones as Bell, and I understand Bell is banned from this forum.
Hmmm... He was more into historics yeah? Don't really remember him having glowing praise for all things super
Old 21 Dec 2015, 07:59 (Ref:3599096)   #24
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pecky is a Victorian, Ray lives just up the road from me and he's no fan of V8SC. He's all about Historics, Sports Cars and single seaters.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 08:59 (Ref:3599106)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post

there's a first. Never been called negative in the v8 supercars forum, Normally its the opposite, been called TC a number of times in this forum or asked if I work for V8S or for foxtel?

I guess i must be balanced then

and for the record "Compromised", yes I can substantiate my claims, All of them have a source from someone well connected with the series