Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Feb 2017, 13:50 (Ref:3714482)   #26
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like to know the Dunlop test lap times to compare the chassises with the Gibson engine.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3714511)   #27
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
I would like to know the Dunlop test lap times to compare the chassises with the Gibson engine.
I'll see if I can get them...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 24 Feb 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3714567)   #28
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I'll see if I can get them...
I'll have an answer in a day or so..
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 24 Feb 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3714568)   #29
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
4th test session underway and currently Derani leads in the ESM Nissan with a 1:50.974 which I think is their best so far.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3714570)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's almost the same temp in North GA as it is in Central FLA today. 83 at the old airfield but I bet it feels like 110 with something burning close by.

Can't wait to be at the race and already in preparation for the heat...
Old 24 Feb 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3714571)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
In the 80's? Wow I need to move!

On topic, the Caddy's are out now and they went straight to the top of the time sheets. The #10 just set a 1:49.8, a second faster than the Nissan.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 20:40 (Ref:3714575)   #32
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Montoya ran around 6 laps in the Risi Ferrari. 3 seconds off of the Ford GTs.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 22:17 (Ref:3714588)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Current weather conditions at the old airfield are very similar to weather that usually happens during the 12 hrs weekend. It will be interesting to note times if they are similar. It's information that will tell us a lot but will conclude very little.
Old 25 Feb 2017, 04:36 (Ref:3714612)   #34
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder if the 12-hour might be Hotter ... I Hope not, as it was just about as warm as it needed to be today.

As for the tires: later in the afternoon, when the track is as hot as it is going to get (even though it was as rubbered in as would get all through the event) Drivers were having all kinds of fun exiting Turn Five. No incidents but a lot of good recoveries ... a lot of very quick hands in the field.

People can say what they want about "sandbagging" but seeing the cars carom off the curbs through Three, Four, and Five ... someone forget to tell the drivers to back off.
Old 25 Feb 2017, 06:13 (Ref:3714618)   #35
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went to the track Thursday to check things out. It's kind of neat to be there with most of the teams running and practically nobody there besides team members. It makes it easy to talk to the drivers and get around to the different turns. It rained the day and night before so the track was apparently pretty slick.

I got to try out my new video camera that shoots 4K and I was pretty impressed with it. Even though Daytona was just a month or so ago, seeing the cars out there on the airfield really gets me hyped to see some racing in a few weeks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRB4KsAJmgI&t=1s
Old 25 Feb 2017, 13:04 (Ref:3714668)   #36
kevlow
Rookie

kevlow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I went to the track Thursday to check things out. It's kind of neat to be there with most of the teams running and practically nobody there besides team members. It makes it easy to talk to the drivers and get around to the different turns. It rained the day and night before so the track was apparently pretty slick.

I got to try out my new video camera that shoots 4K and I was pretty impressed with it. Even though Daytona was just a month or so ago, seeing the cars out there on the airfield really gets me hyped to see some racing in a few weeks!

Thank you, Mr Turtle.
That was incredible video! Content, quality, and sound was absolute top notch. I especially enjoyed the close ups in the corners where we could see the cars working and whether or not the drivers were on their marks.
It was also enjoyable actually listen to the cars and to hear what the drivers were doing. So much better then endless [ and sometimes pointless] commentary.
That was spot on perfect and satisfying!
Old 25 Feb 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3714669)   #37
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I'll have an answer in a day or so..
My source, who will ABSOLUTELY need to be unnamed said the ACO test found them into the high 45's at the end with speed left over. They think a 43 may have been possible in the right conditions.

Zero chance of that gap getting closed on Conti's.
Old 25 Feb 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3714688)   #38
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Wow, that looks great, nice job. Thanks for sharing.
Old 25 Feb 2017, 17:53 (Ref:3714705)   #39
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

GREAT VIDEO! lucky you to be able to access
Old 25 Feb 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3714721)   #40
TF110
Veteran

United States
Nice video. The NSX is really quiet, so is the ESM.
Old 25 Feb 2017, 23:32 (Ref:3714739)   #41
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In-cockpit footage from the Whelen car is just ridiculous—watching the driver flick through data screens. Better than anything I have seen on TV to explain the feature.

I also like the shots of the cars bouncing off the curb exiting Three, i think, and having the back end just a little out entering Four. I wish you could have got them through Five—I didn’t get there Thursday morning but Friday afternoon I saw a lot of drivers investigate their car’s dirt-tracking potential, and saw quite a few lurid fish-tails.

Also good was seeing the JDC pass the AJR Audi exiting Six and then the PR1 car pass the JDC car into Seven. Good time to be at that spot.

Also. good job keeping the cars in focus all through Seven and the exit. I can‘t wait to see race-day footage.

I’d say the camera was a good investment. I don’t have a 4K TV yet, but on a normal PC screen that was ultra-high quality.
Old 26 Feb 2017, 00:18 (Ref:3714747)   #42
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Even if you don't have a 4K (or 5K) screen, you can use the higher bitrate of the larger resolution video to somewhat make up for lossy compression on the hoster's end. Where possible (and when your bandwidth permits) I'd always recommend selecting the next resolution up from your monitor for Youtube videos in particular.

But the footage is good regardless, thanks Lanky.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3715220)   #43
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The DPis are 30kg overweight with spec contis. I say that not too bad for a new platform.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 22:51 (Ref:3715225)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Montoya ran around 6 laps in the Risi Ferrari. 3 seconds off of the Ford GTs.
Only six laps? I'd assumed it was more. Shame.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 23:22 (Ref:3715228)   #45
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
The DPis are 30kg overweight with spec contis. I say that not too bad for a new platform.
Why does this keep getting said? The minimum weight for all the cars in all three series is 930kg, it was increased by the FIA.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3715555)   #46
DJHeny87
Rookie

United States
Tampa, FL
DJHeny87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Twelve Hours of Sebring Video Montage

Hey guys, so I had the great opportunity to attended the 12 Hours of Sebring race 3 years in a row. All 3 years in attendance I enjoyed filming the race throughout the track. I finally decided to put together a montage, so be sure to turn that volume up and enjoy.

Old 1 Mar 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3715634)   #47
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHeny87 View Post
Hey guys, so I had the great opportunity to attended the 12 Hours of Sebring race 3 years in a row. All 3 years in attendance I enjoyed filming the race throughout the track. I finally decided to put together a montage, so be sure to turn that volume up and enjoy.

Excellent first post! Thanks for sharing. Welcome to the forum.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 21:03 (Ref:3715652)   #48
pafe
Rookie

Germany
North-Germany
pafe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is great footage and well cut! Thank you!
Old 2 Mar 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3715803)   #49
DJHeny87
Rookie

United States
Tampa, FL
DJHeny87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys!
Old 2 Mar 2017, 21:03 (Ref:3715924)   #50
sheshnwoody
Rookie

sheshnwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHeny87 View Post

Awesome Video...I am actually in it!