3 2 5.41%
2 4 10.81%
1 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Sep 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3767893)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Singapore Grand Prix 2017

What do you give it?
Old 17 Sep 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3768061)   #2
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was all a bit anti-climactic after the first corner accident. There were some good battles further down the field but they didn't quite make up for it.

Old 17 Sep 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3768068)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7. Quite enjoyed it despite the carnage at the start although it didn't quite live up to expectations - shame the rain didn't hang on for a bit longer.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 22:01 (Ref:3768084)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
6 for me - damp surface made it moderately good.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 05:31 (Ref:3768165)   #5
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A 5 from me.
Der Seb's move across the track at the start meant that the major potential interest from a motor racing point of view was negated.
Even super Singapore couldn't save it then.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3768184)   #6
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
A 5 thanks to Vettel's brain fade. Could've been a great race.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3768187)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

About time Lewis had some luck, well done to young Palmer as well.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3768205)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 7. I thought it was pretty decent. Some good battles and a few overtakes. The rain helped the spectacle.

Singapore is a great backdrop. I know they are limited by the road layout, but I find the track too long. I can never really picture where they are on the circuit, unlike pretty much all other F1 racetracks.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3768216)   #9
mikestow
Rookie

mikestow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh Joy!Apart from poor Verstappen being in the Ferrari sandwich,I am afraid I did laugh at the actions of a certain very arrogant man,who can never ever be responsible according to the Gospel of Vettell.Although not being a great fan of Mr Bling,I sincerely hope he continues to blow this certain person off into the weeds and achieves his 4th Champonship.I could not quite believe Ferrari apparently tweeting that poor innocent Verstappen caused it all.Hubris causes Ate to react to every opposite reaction,and that was the result.Both Ferraris out and a very upset Kimi!!!!It is exactly as before with poor Mark Weber taking the brunt of his actions.Apart from that it meant the likes of the lower order taking full advantage and points mean substantial money prizes.A very good show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18 Sep 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3768233)   #10
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Got back from a night out with some old friends and watched the race from L12 with a beast of a hangover. Really enjoyed watching drivers on the limit on a track where the limits are very, very close.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3768255)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Disaster start, very little overtaking, some fun sliding about but after lap 1 it was pretty much decided 90% through the field...

Old 18 Sep 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3768273)   #12
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Fun filled 1st lap, followed by not much.
Good decision by the stewards.

Old 18 Sep 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3768291)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ok after the slight accident at the start took out a few of the also rans, the others had a chance to shine, could have been better but the changing conditions and mid field scraps made it an enjoyable race so gave it a 6.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3768300)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
How many gave it 7?!

Apart from Vettel doing another Montoya (reason I say that rather than Maldonado is that Montoya knew why he was quick and why he crashed, like Vettel usually does too!)

The race thereafter was terribly dull and I really thought we'd get a mixed up finishing order!
Old 18 Sep 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3768312)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
4, the rain made it more exciting than Monza, but sadly four main protagonists being taken out on the first lap meant the race for the first three was as good as over.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3768484)   #16
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6, night races have a certain, track lights induced, monotony, after the rain of course.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3768527)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dull, apart from the first lap.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3768605)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
incredibly eventful start and wonderful post race debates!

i really liked the call to not start behind the safety car and the inter followed by the super/ultra some of the drivers used to great effect. i want to say all 5 compounds got used which i guess is kind of cool. interesting tidbit anyways.

so a 7 for me which includes some bonus points for race control for letting them race.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3768614)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
incredibly eventful start and wonderful post race debates!

i really liked the call to not start behind the safety car and the inter followed by the super/ultra some of the drivers used to great effect. i want to say all 5 compounds got used which i guess is kind of cool. interesting tidbit anyways.

so a 7 for me which includes some bonus points for race control for letting them race.
Our drift apart continues.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3768618)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Our drift apart continues.
lol, its sad right?
Old 19 Sep 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3768640)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I look at this location as an *event* rather than a race in the true sense.. I gave it a 5...
Old 19 Sep 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3768641)   #22
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
watching on television it just looks like racing around an illuminated multi-storey car park, not very glamorous at all
Old 19 Sep 2017, 23:54 (Ref:3768663)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
watching on television it just looks like racing around an illuminated multi-storey car park, not very glamorous at all
I think this might present a better perspective.

https://youtu.be/xayg00STOrA
Old 20 Sep 2017, 11:20 (Ref:3768762)   #24
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dunno, I was pretty flat. I was away on holiday so got to watch Sonoma, Singapore, Sandown all in a row the next day.

Sonoma... bit disappointed as a Dixon fan but good for the sport to have Josef win it. Just an average race, appears most fans weren't rating the race very highly though.

Singapore... if Sonoma was average from most fans, what's Singapore? At least Sonoma had a battle for the lead between Page and Newg and the top 4 were only 5 secs apart with several laps to go (without cautions). Singapore would have been as spread as a hookers legs if it weren't for the SCs. Vettel such a big disappointment to have ruined a potential good race, I was looking forward to Verstappen vs Vettel. Instead he ruins it at turn 1 and basically took himself out of the title with that. 25 points is a lot to make up in 6 races with Mercedes' reliability and better efficiency at maximising results. Which Ferrari and Seb have been poor at this year. Instead a good race is ****ed away and we have to watch Hamilton cruise to another win. I ended up ff'd the last 10 laps just so I could get to Sandown (which I enjoyed more despite a 1 hour red flag, shortened race and no SC after the 2nd lap).

5/10