Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Jan 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3018824)   #76
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have some people failed to see that this isn't Citroen manufacture backing, but just the Citroen Swedish dealerships getting together and backing a team.

The only true manufacture backing for TTA is Volvo.

Last edited by auroan; 30 Jan 2012 at 10:36.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3018963)   #77
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Have some people failed to see that this isn't Citroen manufacture backing, but just the Citroen Swedish dealerships getting together and backing a team.

The only true manufacture backing for TTA is Volvo.
Same can be said for any STCC-team. In a small market like Sweden, all you'll ever get are dealer supported teams.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 16:20 (Ref:3018973)   #78
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does it really matter who's supporting the teams?

The whole point of TTA was to be able to race cheaply WITHOUT the need for factory support.

As long as the carmakers are ok with the designs being used the funding can come from anywhere really.

If the designs are not approved then there's going to be trouble but it looks like they've been cleared.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3018975)   #79
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, "Dealer Teams" are all the rage in Sweden. An interesting concept, but always technical not "works" teams. BMW Dealer Team will be in TTA with West Coast too.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3018996)   #80
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obizzz View Post
Does it really matter who's supporting the teams?

The whole point of TTA was to be able to race cheaply WITHOUT the need for factory support.
As is NGTC. Over here in the UK we've had 8 NGTC cars built from 5 different brands to NGTC regs with out any factory support. And thats not including the factory backed MGs (2) or Hondas (4) being built now.

2 x Audi, 2 x Toyota, 1 x Proton, 1 x Vauxhall (+ one in build) 1 x Skoda (in build)

And the whole point of TTA was for everyone to be equal (the costs came (a close) second according to mr Flash)
Old 31 Jan 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3019304)   #81
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
And the whole point of TTA was for everyone to be equal (the costs came (a close) second according to mr Flash)
Sorry, I should have said it was one of the major points, not the single most important point.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3019500)   #82
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The vast majority of teams in touring cars are 'dealer' teams. Anyone remember Williams Renault Dealer Racing?
Old 31 Jan 2012, 22:18 (Ref:3019609)   #83
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes that was the way most works teams were funded. By proceeds from the dealer network. I think gradually marketing budgets took over.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3022315)   #84
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Brovallen, Flash Engineering, Polestar and WestCoast Racing have received their first car.

Photos (TTA goes pickup racing ):
http://ttagroup.se/galleri/bilder/10
Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3022357)   #85
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Haha, looks like a Daytona Prototype without the bodywork!
Old 7 Feb 2012, 03:27 (Ref:3022467)   #86
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So thats a "touring car" now is it?
Old 7 Feb 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3022492)   #87
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Great, apart of Brovallen, do we know which bodywork kits will teams use. I would have thought WestCoast, Flash are going to use BMW (which one?), Polestar Volvo (same question?), Team Tidoe?
Old 7 Feb 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3022572)   #88
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
Great, apart of Brovallen, do we know which bodywork kits will teams use. I would have thought WestCoast, Flash are going to use BMW (which one?), Polestar Volvo (same question?), Team Tidoe?
Polestar will use a S60 bodywork and WestCoast the M3. No news yet on Flash, the difference is that West Coast Racing is also the BMW Dealer Team, while Flash is not linked to any manufacturer. Team Tidö is the "2nd division" of Flash, cars run and operated from Flash Engineering in the same garage, just a different name (and sponsors I guess).

Will be interesting when they start to unvail the real bodyworks for the cars (The Citra is still only a mockup).

Also interesting to know would be if they have found any team(s) to run the remaining 4 cars, I'm guess not, and its getting late for new teams so I wouldnt hold my breath on there being anymore then 16 cars on the grid. Which on the other hand I guess is enough for its first season.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3026703)   #89
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fredrik Larsson will drive for WestCoast Racing! http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7202

I'd be surprise if he didn't put some serious pressure on Dahlgren, Göransson and the other STCC transferees.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3027034)   #90
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Fredrik Larsson will drive for WestCoast Racing! http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7202

I'd be surprise if he didn't put some serious pressure on Dahlgren, Göransson and the other STCC transferees.
Been waiting ever since he quit Indy Lights in the late 90s to return to racing for a good team in a good serie. He did well in Carrera Cup and should be a title contender in TTA, I'm sure! A more talented driver is hard to find.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3027064)   #91
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
And now TTA will race at Tierp Stockholm Arena : http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7211

The date is 7 days before STCC will race at Solvalla (in Stockholm), TTA is really stepping up and doing everything they can to ruin the plans for STCC. The only ace STCC had up their sleve this season was that they will for the first time race in Stockholm, now TTA will do the same (or near Stockholm atleast).

Also for a note, TTA has stoped STCC for racing in Gothenburg, one wonder how long STCC can take this beating?
Old 17 Feb 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3027138)   #92
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Been waiting ever since he quit Indy Lights in the late 90s to return to racing for a good team in a good serie. He did well in Carrera Cup and should be a title contender in TTA, I'm sure! A more talented driver is hard to find.
This pretty much sums it up yes.

The news about Tierp is really interesting. The dragstrip is world-class and hopefully the roadcourse will be good as well. I think it sounds like much better idea than paving Solvalla and then rip it back up, STCC is taking a beating for sure.

Even though i prefer non-spec racing (and even though I'm getting seriously tired of Jan "Flash" constant exaggerations and misleading comments) I'm looking forward to the season.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3028397)   #93
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
First official picture of the Volvo S60 TTA racer: http://ttagroup.se/2012/02/20/first-...volvo-s60-tta/
Old 20 Feb 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3028398)   #94
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Could someone familiar with Megane Trophy and other Solution-F's tell what are the differences (if any) of TTA chassis compared to them?
Old 20 Feb 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3028402)   #95
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Could someone familiar with Megane Trophy and other Solution-F's tell what are the differences (if any) of TTA chassis compared to them?
They made a few changes, for example the track width is narrower for the TTA car.

There are more changes but I can't remember what they were.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3028408)   #96
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Someone who knows read my post and filled me in.

It's longer, narrower. Totally different dampers, different gearbox, different engine new electrical / computer system. New brake system.

Which pretty much makes it a totally different car.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 15:38 (Ref:3028410)   #97
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like that Volvo. I'm feeling a bit more positive about this series now I'm seeing the actual cars. The initial test car was ugly, but that's an attractive looking race car.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3028412)   #98
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I like that Volvo. I'm feeling a bit more positive about this series now I'm seeing the actual cars. The initial test car was ugly, but that's an attractive looking race car.
I think it's a bit unfortunate that the test car was so ugly. Although TTA were very open about it not being the final design people still got the wrong first impressions.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3028419)   #99
Speed-King
Veteran

I just hope they can find another 5 or 6 drivers so that it'll be a somewhat decently filled grid. Having the season start only in May gives them some additional leeway with that, though.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3028422)   #100
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Polestar will have a fourth driver. According to the press release about the car today they're negotiating with three drivers for this position.

Flash said a young driver is on the way in too.

That makes for two more and I think we'll see a few more before the season starts.