Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Jan 2003, 18:02 (Ref:470465)   #1
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans movie?

Just been looking on some internet site with reports from last year, and i noticed a picture of a bright red Panoz with the word "leader" across the rear wing, which got me thinking. Any news yet on the micheal valiant film thing? Some body must know something, as it seems to have disappered off the radar.
Cheers
Ed
Old 10 Jan 2003, 18:17 (Ref:470478)   #2
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Le Mans movie?

Still in production - see the Europacorp site:
http://www.europacorp.com
Old 17 Jan 2003, 20:10 (Ref:477626)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just watched the film clips - I can not wait for this one - Lets hope it is realesed in the UK
Old 18 Jan 2003, 20:41 (Ref:478396)   #4
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I work in Cinema marketing and I can tell you that it won't go on general release in the UK but may crop up at a few independants, one cinema that will probably show it will be the prince charles in london - which is good cos its only about £1.50 a film
Old 18 Jan 2003, 20:48 (Ref:478408)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
I work in Cinema marketing and I can tell you that it won't go on general release in the UK but may crop up at a few independants, one cinema that will probably show it will be the prince charles in london - which is good cos its only about £1.50 a film
That is not good

Here in Wakefield and the surrounding area we only have this super multiplex
Old 18 Jan 2003, 22:31 (Ref:478498)   #6
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It won't go on general release because - its in french! It'll probably play at sites that showed taxi 2
Old 19 Jan 2003, 17:47 (Ref:479157)   #7
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So, something like the corner house (is that what it's called?) in Manchester. Please say yes - then I'll persuade my French teach to organise a trip. Providing it gets quite a few stars in the Guardian.....
Old 19 Jan 2003, 18:22 (Ref:479201)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even thought he film is French Im sure they will be able to edit the language in some way so there is a english version available also. At the very least there will be subtitles and the chances are u will be able to download it on Kazaa while its still in the cinema lol. Lets hope so.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 18:52 (Ref:479234)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
it'll have subtitles and I think it would be at the place in manchester but its early days yet and not on my release schedules, when it is I'll know when and where
Old 19 Jan 2003, 20:31 (Ref:479325)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
it'll have subtitles and I think it would be at the place in manchester but its early days yet and not on my release schedules, when it is I'll know when and where
Righto, we'll leave you to keep us posted, as and when.
Old 20 Jan 2003, 04:43 (Ref:479659)   #11
Bob C.
Rookie

Bob C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps I can help...

Until the movie debuts, perhaps I can help tide you over.

To create a true cinematic feel, vigorously rotate your head from left to right to create the illusion of motion. Emit a throaty Ford pushrod V-8 rumble followed quickly by a high-pitched Judd V-10 scream (poorly disguised as a Peugeot).

I hope this helps.

Old 21 Jan 2003, 15:30 (Ref:481138)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Talking about movies, I bought the 2002 DVD (quite close from the Duke' one). Lots of memories, and almost succeed to see Ayse and me (well, two stains, to speak frankly) in the grandstands !

I bought the 70' anniversary DVD too ; no bonus, just a movie, as a video tape. Well, it's a good introduction to the race, with a lot of old pics and movies short cuts ; the DVD is 1h30 long, and one hour is dedicated to the races from 60' to 2002. We have especially details about the 55' Levegh crash, and the walk thourgh by Ickx in 69'. Nice C group shots and starts from that period... well, plenty of good things... it's worth it, even if the start of the movie is really disapointing : a lap in the Courage Peugeot 2002, but... cutted by black screens !

We've an entire lap aboard with Katayama in 99, but it already happears in the 99' video tape.

At the end, I find it too short, indeed, but it's always too short

There's no language choice (improve your french ), but the images are sooooooooooo nice...

Last edited by Fab; 21 Jan 2003 at 15:31.