Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Feb 2003, 19:32 (Ref:517496)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the advice guys, so I reckon the best thing to is start planning for next year as soon as I get home from this years race.......
Old 25 Feb 2003, 21:42 (Ref:517656)   #27
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get the feeling that even that might be too late!!!
Old 25 Feb 2003, 22:03 (Ref:517693)   #28
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You need to get booked late October early November especially the Ferry if you want a decent crossing (Portsmouth-Caen) with a cabin LUXURY
Old 26 Feb 2003, 03:16 (Ref:517875)   #29
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both are civilised IMO, at least where we hang out. I have heard that there are places where the only purpose in attending is to come as close as possible to death by alcohol poisoning, but you know how people exaggerate. We did have a few streaking Germans in 2000, but unfortunately for me I only heard about it the next day.
Old 26 Feb 2003, 06:58 (Ref:517981)   #30
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have heard that there are places where the only purpose in attending is to come as close as possible to death by alcohol
That was especially true in the late '80's when Jaguar were racing as it attracted a completely different type of fan from the UK than the genuine Motorsport fan. This was due to the increased publicity. I remember it was the first time the Gendarmes really got involved at The Hunindaires on Friday afternoon.

It is unfortunately possible that the same could happen this year if the Bentley thing catches on

Last edited by Mal; 26 Feb 2003 at 06:59.
Old 26 Feb 2003, 08:12 (Ref:518031)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly there are a lot of Brits for whom a trip abroad (wherever) means nothing more than an opportunity to get as rat-arsed as possible for as long as possible. They're probably just the same at home.

Now, give me a good meal and a few good bottles of wine.......
Old 26 Feb 2003, 08:13 (Ref:518033)   #32
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I appreciate that there are plenty that drink more than they would usually but I think one of the nicest things about le mans is the fact that there isn't any trouble and from what I have seen everyone gets on very well together. The biggest problem I have seen out there is the ability to stand up at times.
Old 26 Feb 2003, 12:10 (Ref:518201)   #33
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I agree with that 100%
Old 1 Mar 2003, 16:19 (Ref:521454)   #34
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The groups of people seem to sort themselves out nicely -- those who like similar kinds of celebratory action tend to camp together. So it's a good idea to review your own preferred style of celebration and try to find an area that suits you best. Although, as mentioned, there is surprisingly little trouble considering how many people are involved. And most of the sites are very well self-policed. (Even in 2000 when the English had beat the Germans in EuroCup Soccer while we were there, the worst we saw was the English chanting and the Germans throwing small fireworks at them from across the road.)