Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Enduro after Le Mans?
Spa 24 hours 9 20.45%
Sebring 12 hours 17 38.64%
Petit Le Mans 10 22.73%
Nurburgring 24 hours 5 11.36%
Other (if so what?) 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Feb 2003, 01:50 (Ref:515571)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is your favourite Enduro after Le Mans?

For me it is the Spa 24 hours, although I prefer that race more than Le Mans anyway, but I dont want this thread to turn into a Le Mans is better than Spa 24hrs thread, even though I know Im in the minority.

My question is what is your favourite race after Le Mans.

1: Spa 24 hours
2: Sebring 12 hours
3: Road Atlanta
4: Nurburgring 24 hours
5: Other (if so what?)

For me its number 1.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 24 Feb 2003 at 01:54.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 03:48 (Ref:515648)   #2
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring, as I prefer sports-racers to GT and touring cars
Old 24 Feb 2003, 04:07 (Ref:515660)   #3
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All those GT endouros bore the heck out of me. Thousands of nameless Porshe 911s...
Old 24 Feb 2003, 04:45 (Ref:515669)   #4
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dretceterini
Sebring, as I prefer sports-racers to GT and touring cars
right on!
Old 24 Feb 2003, 06:02 (Ref:515693)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I voted for Petit Le Mans, but I like Sebring as well.

Spa is a nice race, but there's only GTs...
Old 24 Feb 2003, 07:42 (Ref:515721)   #6
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I think the new 24Hr in Bathurst could be a real future classic. Of those listed though I would say Petit LeMans then Sebring. This is because the track at Road Atlanta is far more interesting than Sebring. Sebring is great however as it is the season opener and gives the first insight as to who is performing well this year although
for some teams it is little more than a warm up and test day for the big race in June
Old 24 Feb 2003, 08:00 (Ref:515732)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sebring, it has too be Sebring the second most important sportscar race of the year.....
Old 24 Feb 2003, 08:40 (Ref:515750)   #8
ZXKawboy
Rookie

ZXKawboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring, hands down. It's perhaps the oldest *real* sportscar race run in America today, with real international flavor.

Daytona might be as old (or older)but note that I said *real* sportscar race.

Later, all
Old 24 Feb 2003, 10:05 (Ref:515807)   #9
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i voted Spa, because its just GT's, prototypes are ok, but for me it has to be loadsa GT's
Old 24 Feb 2003, 12:02 (Ref:515875)   #10
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I voted for Spa, but, ZXKawboy, isn't Sebring older than Daytona (as well, obviously, as being better)?
Old 24 Feb 2003, 12:04 (Ref:515878)   #11
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring, I'm not big on the track itself. However it always has a great turnout, and your introduced to the new cast of characters for the season. Thinking that possibly someone might pull a rabbit out of their hat and beat the favorites!
Old 24 Feb 2003, 12:17 (Ref:515897)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing as it's so close to me and i can attend, it has to be the Bathurst 24 Hours.

Prior to 2002, it was the Spa 24 Hours
Old 24 Feb 2003, 13:01 (Ref:515935)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You mean there are other enduros?

(You surely realised that would be my reply )
Old 24 Feb 2003, 15:29 (Ref:516095)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sebring..without a doubt....

The excitement of the early season "coming out Party" for many who look ahead to Le Mans, plus the old airport elements of the course offer opportunities to pass....

Petit also has its good qualities, but I haven't attended there yet...

I went to Sebring every year when I lived down in Florida....a great atmosphere for the racers, the fans, etc.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 24 Feb 2003, 18:04 (Ref:516260)   #15
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TVRfan
i voted Spa, because its just GT's, prototypes are ok, but for me it has to be loadsa GT's
Can you direct me to a entry list for this most recent Spa?

Anyways....If you think Protos are OKay, and GTs are the best.......then why is it BETTER to exlude cars? IMO, GT class cars in the ALMS and LeMans aer a joke and snore(thanks to thousands of droning jelly bean 911s), yet the FIA sports car championship I find boring and uninspired....Why? Because great sports car racing has ALWAYS been teh awsome display of diversity within one race. So bascily, I dont understand why you think MORE variety in one race is a bad thing.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 18:20 (Ref:516286)   #16
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petit Le Mans, best track par Spa, and Spa only has GT cars.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 24 Feb 2003, 18:28 (Ref:516298)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by IanGrohse

Anyways....If you think Protos are OKay, and GTs are the best.......then why is it BETTER to exlude cars? IMO, GT class cars in the ALMS and LeMans aer a joke and snore(thanks to thousands of droning jelly bean 911s), yet the FIA sports car championship I find boring and uninspired....Why? Because great sports car racing has ALWAYS been teh awsome display of diversity within one race. So bascily, I dont understand why you think MORE variety in one race is a bad thing.
Well I'm definitely with you on this one Ian. Variety is definitely the spice of life. I really can't think of anything more boring than watching a race for 24 hours where the majority of the field is 911's - or any other GT/GTS for that matter. Its the prototypes which inevitably make it for me - anyone can take an off the shelf racer to a circuit.

And before I get my head bitten off - its all a matter of opinion and taste. Those who disagree with me are perfectly entitled to!
Old 24 Feb 2003, 20:42 (Ref:516464)   #18
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have to say

1 - 6 Hours of the Glen (or used to, before DP's)
2 - Petit Le Mans
3 - Sebring 12 Hours
4 - Rolex 24 (again, before DP's)
5 - Spa 24 Hours
Old 24 Feb 2003, 22:06 (Ref:516553)   #19
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had the luxury of being within 2 hours drive from Daytona and Sebring when I lived there...

I went to both races...every year...

Sorry FastJoel31, but Daytona doesn't even come close to Sebring...

However, I would love to see ALMS or an internationally-attracted field like at Sebring or Petit run again at Watkins Glen (Never been there but it is beautiful on TV)...

Three other tracks that is "Wish" had endurance races:

Mid-Ohio

Elkhart Lake
Virginia International Raceway

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 25 Feb 2003, 11:52 (Ref:517067)   #20
Baritone24

How bout
1.Lemans
2.Sebring
3.Bathust
4.Petite lemans
5.Nuriburgring 24

Old 26 Feb 2003, 13:47 (Ref:518323)   #21
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My fav is the Petit Le Mans.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 10:35 (Ref:519138)   #22
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by IanGrohse

as ayse said all are entitled to their own taste. its just for me the prototypes arent as good looking and dont have the same flair as GT's, sure i like em its just i would rather watch a field full of CARS. just my taste, still im not saying i dont like prototypes, i just prefer GT's, if thats ok with everyone?
Old 27 Feb 2003, 12:54 (Ref:519261)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Of course.

The fact that you're wrong is immaterial.......
Old 27 Feb 2003, 19:26 (Ref:519585)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
.........and only 2 weeks to go until Sebring, I for one will be listing to the ALMS Radio Web.......
Old 27 Feb 2003, 19:30 (Ref:519593)   #25
TVRfan
Racer

Wales