Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Aug 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1681316)   #1
ems
Rookie

ems should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Edwards in F Renault

http://www.renault-sport.de/uploads/...ennen_2_03.pdf

Old 14 Aug 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1682130)   #2
Francis Albert
Racer

Francis Albert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John drove a great race! Congratulations!
Old 17 Aug 2006, 19:32 (Ref:1685365)   #3
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wasn't John racing and BEATING Marco Andretti a couple of years ago? It tells you a lot about how competitive FRenault is and how little IRL is becoming...
Old 22 Aug 2006, 14:17 (Ref:1688779)   #4
Birel4me
Rookie

Birel4me should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marco won the National championship the year John finished 7th. Marco was clearly the class of the field that year; the prior year, racing in Skip Barber Regional events, John competed with him on a near level playing field, but Marco won more than John. Marco is very talented and clearly on the best I have seen of the less than 20 year old group, and that includes the guys in Europe. (just my 2 cents worth).
Old 22 Aug 2006, 14:30 (Ref:1688791)   #5
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
ADEE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes marco did win but isn't he a couple of years older than john? certainly marco was more experienced. plus he had just the best support to win the SBR nat champs - mario was at most rounds engrossed in his grandson's progress. and there didn't seem to be any shortage of seat time either - budget was not an issue! in short not a fair comparison. lets check back to see where they both are in 5 years time.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1689148)   #6
Birel4me
Rookie

Birel4me should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, John is alot younger than Marco. Skip Barber gives the same support to all drivers. I don't think their seat time was any different. I think Marco beat him as he beat all the guys straight up. Mario being there would probably not matter much, and the budget should be the same unless one of them paid for more lapping time.
Old 26 Aug 2006, 03:13 (Ref:1691870)   #7
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birel4me
Marco won the National championship the year John finished 7th. Marco was clearly the class of the field that year; the prior year, racing in Skip Barber Regional events, John competed with him on a near level playing field, but Marco won more than John. Marco is very talented and clearly on the best I have seen of the less than 20 year old group, and that includes the guys in Europe. (just my 2 cents worth).
Sorry dude, I was not aware of all the details. Thanks to clarifying them to me.

On the other hand it always helps a little whe you cary a BIG surname: Nelsinho Piquet, Nico Rosberg, Damon Hill, Christian Fittipaldi, Schekter, even guys who did never win in minor Formulas like Nicolas Prost, Jacques Villeneuve end up having carreers...