Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Apr 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3228278)   #176
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fact of the arguement is shedden made up his places in a proven championship winning car. Turks was in a un proven ,brand new car ,that had been in the top ten in every race but each was ruined by the paddock gravel trap.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3228386)   #177
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There has been very little talk about the things that used to be the main talking points after almost every race last years: driving standards, and penalty's that should or shouldn't be given.

How on earth did Jordan not get a penalty for his hit at Plato?

Did Plato hit Shedden? Deliberately? Avoidable?

How smart is is to drive full throttle past a spinning car?

Can you put a car almost in the pitwall if it is your teammate?
Old 3 Apr 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3228392)   #178
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
There has been very little talk about the things that used to be the main talking points after almost every race last years: driving standards, and penalty's that should or shouldn't be given.

Did Plato hit Shedden? Deliberately? Avoidable?

Because - first point aside - there is little to get excited about regarding those events.

It is unknown if there was any contact between Plato and Shedden.
Austin took a line to avoid the accident, and from replays appears to have lifted.
Shedden understood that Neal was unsighted.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3228420)   #179
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
A handful of mine from Brands...

Old 3 Apr 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3228561)   #180
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't know... it was a pretty deliberate nerf.

Quote:
Austin was hoping that Newsham was on the brakes and not the throttle and, under that assumption, was doing his best to avoid him. Unfortunately Newsham was on the throttle

Quote:
Neal didn't realize Shedden was there... he didn't see him apparently.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3228676)   #181
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Fantastic shots, Sodemo!

Really bummed about Colin Turkington's ragged start. I'm sure he'll come to as the season progressing. I'm really impressed (as usual) with Plato's performance. I just watched the third heat.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3228766)   #182
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post

Austin was hoping that Newsham was on the brakes and not the throttle and, under that assumption, was doing his best to avoid him. Unfortunately Newsham was on the throttle
I saw him say that in the post-race interview.

Well, assuming is a worse way to avoid accidents than braking. that offcourse might couse problems in handling the car, or traffic from behind, but otoh, it could hardly be worse.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3228943)   #183
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I saw him say that in the post-race interview.

Well, assuming is a worse way to avoid accidents than braking. that offcourse might couse problems in handling the car, or traffic from behind, but otoh, it could hardly be worse.
Hindsight is a great thing.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 09:55 (Ref:3228984)   #184
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Fantastic shots, Sodemo!

Really bummed about Colin Turkington's ragged start. I'm sure he'll come to as the season progressing. I'm really impressed (as usual) with Plato's performance. I just watched the third heat.
Thanks, I was trying out different autofocusing modes, with mixed results. Some are a bit too out of focus, some have a bit of camera shake. Not sure if it was the low light causing the autofocus to go nuts or if its just the fact that the AF on my camera isn't all that amazing...

The MG one is a touch overexposed, I have tried reducing the whites in Lightroom. Also, Photobucket does something rubbish with the images as these are pin sharp, yet on Photobucket they lose some sharpness.

Old 7 Apr 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3230262)   #185
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
First adjustment happens after Donington based on results from first two rounds, after that it's based on a rolling 3 rounds.
In one round alone we've had 4(5 bearing in mind that Dynojet and Cicerley's Avensis are different builds) type of cars - the MG, the Honda, the Toyota(s) and the Audi - run by 6 different teams, all running up front at some point. And you can be sure that WSR's BMWs and Motorbase's Fords will challenge the front in no time, once they'll fix their problems.

When you have so many different cars, teams and drivers challenging for podiums you can safely say that the current "formula" is working fine already. So why try to fix something that's not broken with boost equalisation?
Old 7 Apr 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3230376)   #186
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
In one round alone we've had 4(5 bearing in mind that Dynojet and Cicerley's Avensis are different builds) type of cars - the MG, the Honda, the Toyota(s) and the Audi - run by 6 different teams, all running up front at some point. And you can be sure that WSR's BMWs and Motorbase's Fords will challenge the front in no time, once they'll fix their problems.

When you have so many different cars, teams and drivers challenging for podiums you can safely say that the current "formula" is working fine already. So why try to fix something that's not broken with boost equalisation?
The one area where I'm not sure the paddock will be agreed upon is the RWD "advantage". Now in the past, RWD always had a weight penalty applied due to the advantages it gives over a race distance. So if the Audi's and BMW's all of a sudden start to perform, then i'm sure the FWD teams will be calling on the organisers to peg them back. It does strike me as odd that there isn't already a weight penalty for RWD...?
Old 7 Apr 2013, 15:45 (Ref:3230417)   #187
kimbo
Rookie

England
West Sussex
kimbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The one area where I'm not sure the paddock will be agreed upon is the RWD "advantage". Now in the past, RWD always had a weight penalty applied due to the advantages it gives over a race distance. So if the Audi's and BMW's all of a sudden start to perform, then i'm sure the FWD teams will be calling on the organisers to peg them back. It does strike me as odd that there isn't already a weight penalty for RWD...?
I think that any 'advantage' that the rwd cars may have will probably be balanced out by the control tyre being biased toward the predominant fwd cars. As we have always seen though, there will be tracks which suit the rwd cars more, and visa versa - hopefully these variances will be allowed for and not 'equalised' out.
I was at Brands and as far as I could see, there wasn't a whole lot in it as far as performance was concerned, so hopefully any boost adjustments can be kept to a minimum or better still LEFT ALONE!!!!
Much as Mr Gow would like it to be otherwise, motor racing is a meritocracy - you shouldn't reduce everyone to the lowest common denominator and it gives the new or less successful teams something to aim at if the 'cream' is left to rise to the top.

Kim
Old 7 Apr 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3230422)   #188
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cream always rises to the top... but so do floaters when you start equalising everyone.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3230478)   #189
davyboy
Veteran

I really hate this 'equalization' thing... but if it is to be done to peg the better cars/drivers back, then surely the Dynamics Hondas and Jason Plato would be candidates as they seem to have the advantage of being fastest at the moment
Old 16 Apr 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3235358)   #190
davyboy
Veteran

I'm not sure if many of you have seen this behind the scenes documentary on Welch Motorsport at Brands Indy... it's very interesting and they may be doing one for every round of the series this year.