Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jan 2015, 08:47 (Ref:3492412)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Mini ten tenths meeting

On Sunday meet up with Vincegail (over in England for the snooker) Isynge and Elaviel for a winter meet to discuss this years race and just chat about the important things in life, hoping Ian will post a photo or two of us. good to see people away from the camp site on tertre rouge and hoping we will continue the discussions there in June

Last edited by GT6; 13 Jan 2015 at 08:54.
Old 13 Jan 2015, 11:05 (Ref:3492444)   #2
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Was indeed a highly fun way of spending a Sunday afternoon and as Simon says, great to catch up with people outside the usual context of Le Mans. Looking forward to seeing more of you all prior to June, at Silvertone, Spa, and indeed if anyone feels like catching up in London.

Old 13 Jan 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3492521)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It may not look like the best decorated drinking establishment in the UK but the beer, cider and food was excellent
Old 13 Jan 2015, 18:30 (Ref:3492539)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm still shocked over TenTenths members meeting without wine and cheese involved in a larger scale
Old 14 Jan 2015, 09:13 (Ref:3492696)   #5
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I'm still shocked over TenTenths members meeting without wine and cheese involved in a larger scale
Don't worry, it was discussed
Old 14 Jan 2015, 11:10 (Ref:3492716)   #6
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
We floated the idea of next time doing it on a Saturday, when we could to the Bermondsey Beer Mile, visiting a few microbreweries in South London which are open on Saturdays - the nice thing about this is it goes past some very good cheese sellers - so it could very much fit in with the traditional 10/10ths food ethos!
Old 14 Jan 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3492736)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Cheese and beer are not my favourite combination but i can always drink the beer and take the cheese home
Old 14 Jan 2015, 18:02 (Ref:3492806)   #8
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Sure was fun. My itinerary for next year's Snooker Masters has been lengthened by one saturday
Old 14 Jan 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3492826)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It was good to meet up and perhaps next year with a little more warning we might get a few other tenthers who live close by to come along
Old 15 Jan 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3493066)   #10
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Looking good there Vince. Nice to meet up outside of the big one indeed. I personally love to be in Britain. Love the pub atmoshere.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3493074)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Looking good there Vince. Nice to meet up outside of the big one indeed. I personally love to be in Britain. Love the pub atmoshere.
Well if you do manage to cross the water, let us know and we will have another mini tenths meeting in a nice pub
Old 16 Jan 2015, 21:54 (Ref:3493424)   #12
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
It was good to meet up and perhaps next year with a little more warning we might get a few other tenthers who live close by to come along
I would have been happy to come along had I known about the meet-up.
Old 16 Jan 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3493426)   #13
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I would have been happy to come along had I known about the meet-up.
Will make sure it's less extemporised next time we do something - which is perhaps a good hint to make it not so long next time. One of the benefits of London is that it's pretty easy to get to, even for those not lucky enough to live there, so no real reason not to get together every once in a while.
Old 16 Jan 2015, 22:11 (Ref:3493433)   #14
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Will make sure it's less extemporised next time we do something - which is perhaps a good hint to make it not so long next time. One of the benefits of London is that it's pretty easy to get to, even for those not lucky enough to live there, so no real reason not to get together every once in a while.
Interestingly Ian you put yourself down as in Kent and I as in London and yet you are closer to the metropolis than I am by a mile or two. One of the joys of this area is that you can be part of the city or the countryside whichever suits at the time.
Old 16 Jan 2015, 22:14 (Ref:3493436)   #15
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Interestingly Ian you put yourself down as in Kent and I as in London and yet you are closer to the metropolis than I am by a mile or two. One of the joys of this area is that you can be part of the city or the countryside whichever suits at the time.
Intriguing how identity works isn't it? Honestly hadn't given a huge amount of thought to how I list myself as Kent (being I think 200 yards into the county!) - guess it was what made sense when I moved back from Belgium in 2007 and updated profile, but now London makes a lot more sense. As you say though, the lovely part of this area is it really does have the best aspects of ready access to the metropolis and rural idyll.

All grist to discuss over a pint at some stage.
Old 16 Jan 2015, 22:26 (Ref:3493439)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Having worked in the city for well over 20 years it was nice to see some of the old places around london bridge, boy had some things changed, but others were just as i left them when the office moved to canary wharfe. Was very short notice but next time we will let everyone know
Old 21 Jan 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3494735)   #17
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I keep meaning to organise myself on a Saturday morning to head up there and check it out.