Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Sep 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3763488)   #301
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

Announcement is about 2-3 hours away isn't it?
Is that right?
Old 1 Sep 2017, 18:10 (Ref:3763491)   #302
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is that right?
Supposedly there is a meeting with principals in about 1hr and presser in 2 1/2hrs. What comes to light is, as always, a spin of the roulette wheel (will we hear anything at all?).

L.P.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 18:13 (Ref:3763493)   #303
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Is that right?
I'm skeptical!
Old 1 Sep 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3763504)   #304
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Here's some info on Mexico from Ricardo Gonzalez (the promoter) http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...n-in-2018.html. I guess it's not yet determined that there will or won't be a race there next year.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3763542)   #305
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
John Dagys just tweeted this. Your guess is as good as mine as to what it means though I presume it relates to the WEC:

Quote:
Looks like there's some fantastic and surprising news for American fans to come shortly.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3763543)   #306
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is going to be as new WEC format next year with no Silverstone, starting in Spa in May 2018 going right through to LeMans 2019. So there will be 2 LM24 hours in one season. There is also a round at Sebring in March.
The following 2019/20 season will start in October 2019.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/w...ring-for-2019/
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3763544)   #307
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Provisional 2018-19 WEC Schedule:
Spa-Francorchamps
24 Hours of Le Mans
Fuji Speedway
Shanghai
Jan 2019 – TBC
March 2019 – Sebring International Raceway
May 2019 – Spa-Francorchamps
June 2019 – 24 Hours of Le Mans

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/w...ring-for-2019/

L.P.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:02 (Ref:3763545)   #308
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well then, nobody seen that one coming.

Combined race. Hm!
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3763548)   #309
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Wow! Already looking forward to Sebring 2019!!!

Anyone else think that by IMSA agreeing to let WEC run at Sebring that perhaps this means that in exchange IMSA got an agreement from ACO to run DPi cars at Le Mans???
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3763549)   #310
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Seems that the ACO did finally swallow their pride and arrogance when it came to running only Grade 1 tracks. Sebring's addition seems to confirm that. Though the last time that the ACO and IMSA tried for a combined 12 hours wasn't the greatest of results.

Biggest issue with the new schedule (other than no Silverstone or Nurburgring) is the huge gap between races. People complained when there was a 2.5-3 month gap between LM and COTA, now there'll be at least a 4 month gap between Fuji and LM.

I also see this as maybe a ploy to keep Toyota in until 2019's LM. With fewer races spread over two years, I can see this as making the bean counters at TMC happier with racing largely by themselves. Though that could also still mean that they might only do Spa, LM and Fuji, for all we know.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3763550)   #311
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Biggest issue with the new schedule (other than no Silverstone or Nurburgring) is the huge gap between races. People complained when there was a 2.5-3 month gap between LM and COTA, now there'll be at least a 4 month gap between Fuji and LM.
Yes but 18-19 is a transition year to the winter. After that, Le Mans is the end of season race and 4 month gap is the norm in the off season, if not longer.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3763554)   #312
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I have to find something else to do now on a long weekend in April....... Very disappointed.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3763556)   #313
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd sort of figured it was a case of 'Winter Is Coming' for the WEC but didn't realise they'd roll this idea back out again.

Certainly that Sebring carrot is very intriguing. Could they use it to performance balance the machinery before 2019 Le Mans?
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3763559)   #314
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad that Silverstone has lost the race, there was something special about watching these cars round my home circuit. However, gives me an excuse to go to Spa

Wonder what impact the winter calender will have for drivers that race in both FE and WEC?
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3763561)   #315
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Hmm, January 2019?

I'd take Interlagos, Kyalami, or Phillip Island, thank you very much. (I know...I know, it's probably Kuwait.)

I guess Porsche and Audi were doing a fair bit to support Nurburgring?

So, does this tell us which 2018 rounds Toyota was looking at attending?

Is it GTE-Pro only at Sebring, or is there a major shift coming in Prototype? (I can say pretty safely that 70-75 cars at Sebring is going to require one of the old, longer layouts to be revived.)
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3763564)   #316
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Well, I have to find something else to do now on a long weekend in April....... Very disappointed.

Maybe in the 19-20 season you will be able to enjoy that long weekend at home, somewhere?

L.P.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:31 (Ref:3763565)   #317
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Maybe in the 19-20 season you will be able to enjoy that long weekend at home, somewhere?
Maybe - not what I wanted though.......
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3763569)   #318
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I know its not the same but the ELMS race might still be at that time of year and they could add the new 2000s prototype masters series as a support race.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:41 (Ref:3763572)   #319
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess I would go for the ELMS.....
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:46 (Ref:3763573)   #320
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, the SC365 piece actually says the WEC will have its own 12-hour race from midnight to midday after the IMSA race.

I guess it's the revival of the Reims 12 Hours...
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3763575)   #321
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then Nurburgring and Silverstone for the ELMS? Hopefully we can have Silverstone in August.

Strange calendar, I suppose the TBC in Jan could be a Middle East race. I liked the ILMC idea, to use as a basis the regional championships and complete them with the world championship.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3763576)   #322
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Well, the SC365 piece actually says the WEC will have its own 12-hour race from midnight to midday after the IMSA race.

That's just been edited in, good spot
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3763577)   #323
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post

Well, the pit buildings have been revived nicely over the last few years......
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3763578)   #324
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Back-to-back 12 hour races? I can't remember that being done before (I know Creventic do split races, but that's one race over two days) and I can see myself nodding off during the latter race.

The second race better be good then!
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3763579)   #325
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
I guess I would go for the ELMS.....
Not the same though is it. I'll miss Silverstone the most. I hope it returns for the 19-20 calendar.