Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 24 Feb 2001, 21:45 (Ref:66518)   #1
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who's going?

I'll be there, on about 3 hours sleep from clubbing in London the night before (starting to celebrate my birthday early ), but I'll be there. Chris? Have you managed to get your race late in the day yet?

Who else is up for giving Chris some support at Donington that day?
Old 24 Feb 2001, 23:01 (Ref:66531)   #2
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Woohoo! Thanks Lorny

I still haven't got the entry form or the timetable for the event, but as soon as I get 'em - I'll post 'em

I'm off to post a thread about the next Mallory test day...
Old 27 Feb 2001, 20:29 (Ref:67043)   #3
Lorna
Veteran

Your 10 Tenths Motorsport fans will no doubt be trackside as much as possible, this year to give you our support
Old 27 Feb 2001, 23:55 (Ref:67101)   #4
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!

I can't wait... It's going to be cool - no matter what happens in the race

Nigel Mansell ( ) used to say that an appreciative crowd was worth an extra half a second per lap.. I don't think it's quite that much for me, but having people cheering and bouncing around on the pit wall definately made me drive that little bit faster at Donington last week..

I reckon I'll need supporters on just about every corner

Got a phone call from Lee Purnell this evening - he says the drive up to Donny will be his first long distance run - excellent chap! - looking forward to seeing you there
Old 28 Feb 2001, 18:48 (Ref:67213)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If a good crowd is worth a second just wait to see what happens once http://www.ChrisYFanzone.co.uk is launched. It's only a matter of time.
Old 1 Mar 2001, 21:48 (Ref:67463)   #6
Lorna
Veteran

SSSSHHHHH!! Redshoes!!!!!
Old 1 Mar 2001, 21:59 (Ref:67465)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I see fan-zone.net is still available. Craig ? Woody ?
Old 1 Mar 2001, 22:08 (Ref:67466)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

Corporate discussions between Woody and myself have quietened down for the meantime but not forgotten. Watch out Chris (hahahahahahaha!)
Old 2 Mar 2001, 16:19 (Ref:67602)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Have grave doubts whether this race will actually be permitted to proceed If it does, i'll definately be there () but keep an eye on http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7289 for the latest news...
Old 3 Mar 2001, 21:03 (Ref:67901)   #10
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, as I said on the phone Chris, I will be there on the 25th, I can't wait mate.
Old 4 Mar 2001, 10:51 (Ref:68075)   #11
Lorna
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y

I reckon I'll need supporters on just about every corner
How many of us do you think there are Chris? Or are you expecting us to run to a different corner for every lap you do?
Old 11 Mar 2001, 01:54 (Ref:69971)   #12
Lorna
Veteran

Chris, keep us posted regarding the Foot and Mouth case in England and whether you will actually be racing. Fingers crossed
Old 11 Mar 2001, 10:02 (Ref:70021)   #13
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
As soon as I get confirmation either way, you guys will be the second to know
Old 11 Mar 2001, 19:42 (Ref:70158)   #14
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah Donington... Scene of so many wonderful events. 1993 European Grand Prix. Jordan EJ10 bash. Euro Clios, FRenault and Florian's Historics. Now Chris Y.

If at all possible, I shall be in attendance...
Old 11 Mar 2001, 20:15 (Ref:70175)   #15
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How much is entry? I'd like to go, but at the moment I don't know.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 20:50 (Ref:70203)   #16
Lorna
Veteran

Donington have stated on their website that they are unaffected by the foot and mouth so it looks promising, Chris!

Donington's website is usually pretty good at displaying prices but due to the revamping of the site, these aren't available. There are contact details but I won't have the chance to phone them. I doubt that it will be that expensive as it is club racing?

http://www.donington-park.co.uk
Old 12 Mar 2001, 22:44 (Ref:70627)   #17
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm up for going ...... promise not to wish you good luck etc etc etc (you know what happened to Rick ...I attend/support and he gets his worse qualification of the year )

But I can't promise that I won't get a little bit excited.

Like the others...let me know the details etc etc.
Old 12 Mar 2001, 23:02 (Ref:70638)   #18
redshoes
Veteran

Latest Donington newsletter lists it as £10 admission with free infield parking
Old 13 Mar 2001, 21:16 (Ref:70926)   #19
Lorna
Veteran

Cool Woody! I'll see you there. I am sorted for a lift so just be gentle with me. I'll be in a sad and sorry hungover, sleep deprivated state (not that I will get any sympathy )
Old 13 Mar 2001, 22:39 (Ref:70953)   #20
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Quote:
Cool Woody! I'll see you there. I am sorted for a lift so just be gentle with me. I'll be in a sad and sorry hungover, sleep deprivated state (not that I will get any sympathy )
We'll all be trying not to exist until you've had some coffee and woken up

I'm going to bring several crates of Redbull I think
Old 14 Mar 2001, 18:22 (Ref:71130)   #21
Schoey
Rookie

Schoey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well,

I'll probably try to make it, got a free Sunday for the first time in absolutely months. But will probably be completely blitzed after travelling to Cardiff (yes, I know - they've let me in, after all I've said about them!) on Friday, and then Manchester on Saturday. But still, nothing that a quick blast of an airhorn wouldn't cure. ;-)

Things at the 'Anne Robinson Fan Zone' haven't been looking as good this week, thus the reason for the sudden opening in my busy schedule!

Best of luck for the race Chris!

Pete. (schoey)
Old 14 Mar 2001, 18:53 (Ref:71143)   #22
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never mind they've let you in Schoey, I'm surprised you'd be willing to go there Let me guess, it has to be Ice Hockey!
Old 14 Mar 2001, 20:05 (Ref:71162)   #23
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess you'll all be pleasantly pleased to hear (especially Chris!) that the No. 36 Mighty Mini is looking chipper again after major surgery.

Chris decided on a light freshen-up before the first round, to even up the door and bonnet gaps, and to lose all the previous owners accident damage. (That's so that Chris's damage won't be confused with anybody elses! )
Unfortunately, after I removed the doors and all the outer panels from the front end, I discovered that the bonnet gaps were half an inch out because the subframe was twisted... This meant that the front panel and inner wings (onto which you weld the replacement outer wings) were in the wrong place for everything to line up correctly...
This also resulted in a slightly shorter wheelbase on the left-hand side, resulting in rapid tyre wear and over-adjusted suspension so it would drive straight.
It had definately had a major shunt before Chris got hold of it. Gotta be honest though, it looked and drove remarkably straight, didn't it?
After a lot of sweat and head scratchin', I managed to straighten it all, and replaced a number of body panels in the process! (Front panel, wings, A-panels, door step and quarter panel, outer and inner sills, door hinge pillar, cross-member and floor repairs, etc, etc,...)

But it's all back together now, the cage bolt holes line up again, (it sprung back into shape when I released it!! ) the doors shut with a satisfying clunk and it's almost ready for paint.

But that will be tomorrow...
Old 14 Mar 2001, 20:49 (Ref:71172)   #24
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky
blah blah blah subframe brackets blah blah blah
Excellent news. That twisted shell must have been costing Chris a good few 10ths. Can we expect good things from now.
Old 14 Mar 2001, 21:31 (Ref:71183)   #25
Carrie
Veteran

Blimey Sparky, it does sound like you've been busy. Lets hope Chris can show off your hard work in style at Donington.