Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Mar 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3518037)   #76
maranello48
Rookie

maranello48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome!

What you've asked about dropping a 16v engine into an originally 8v car is allowed, so long as standard saxo parts are used as per the rest of the regs. I know of cars that were from pre to post facelift also, so as long as the parts you are using are the correct saxo parts, it's allowed.
Old 22 Mar 2015, 10:35 (Ref:3518313)   #77
Toddy51
Rookie

Toddy51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maranello48 View Post
Welcome!

What you've asked about dropping a 16v engine into an originally 8v car is allowed, so long as standard saxo parts are used as per the rest of the regs. I know of cars that were from pre to post facelift also, so as long as the parts you are using are the correct saxo parts, it's allowed.
Hi,thanks for reply,there is a ex 750mc saxo caged race saxo shell on ebay(bright green) does anybody know if it would be eligible? Has boot floor cut out for tank which I know will need sorting but also has seat rales fitted between sill and centre tunnel? Just wondered if anyone knows if that's ok ? Would prefer to buy a race ready car but there seams not to be any around
Old 22 Mar 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3518445)   #78
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddy51 View Post
Hi I'm after some information on building a stock hatch car,do you have to run the car as built or can you say for example build a saxo vtr but put a vts engine in and go in 16 valve class ? Also any help on any ready built cars for sale as I can't find anything on the net ? Thanks
Hi
If you e mail the BTRDA Clubmans Championship on
Clubmansrallycross@yahoo.co.uk
We will help and answer all questions
Thanks
Old 23 Mar 2015, 17:33 (Ref:3518690)   #79
maranello48
Rookie

Purely because I believe that issues are best resolved in the open, rather than in private email conversations so that others can read the answers too, I'll also answer! Yes I believe that car would be, once the boot floor was sorted out. I believe the seat rails have to be welded in to have a seat, otherwise you'd not have anywhere to put your seat!

If you're looking for cars for sale its best to look at http://clubmansrallycross.weebly.com/classifieds.html

There's a good mix of cars on there, including I believe the one you were referring to?
Old 26 Mar 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3519973)   #80
Toddy51
Rookie

Toddy51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maranello48 View Post
Purely because I believe that issues are best resolved in the open, rather than in private email conversations so that others can read the answers too, I'll also answer! Yes I believe that car would be, once the boot floor was sorted out. I believe the seat rails have to be welded in to have a seat, otherwise you'd not have anywhere to put your seat!

If you're looking for cars for sale its best to look at http://clubmansrallycross.weebly.com/classifieds.html

There's a good mix of cars on there, including I believe the one you were referring to?
Thanks so much for the reply,as I'm new to rallycross all advise welcome,im sure there are many others out there looking for information so as you said,great if all can read
Old 8 Aug 2015, 02:03 (Ref:3564518)   #81
Cartershme71
Rookie

Cartershme71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw that you need a racing liscense to be enlisted into rally cross, how old do you have to be to get one?
Old 8 Aug 2015, 07:22 (Ref:3564541)   #82
maranello48
Rookie

14 for junior classes and 16 for senior classes. The licence is ~£50 and all you need to do is apply for one from the msa. It'll be a Non-Race National B
Old 5 Jan 2016, 23:47 (Ref:3602385)   #83
AlamakiRX
Racer

Looking to get into Rallycross then look no further; The BTRDA Clubmans Rallycross Championship

http://clubmansrallycross.weebly.com...gs--forms.html

http://clubmansrallycross.weebly.com/2016-drivers.html

Also for 2016 new classes;

4*4 Production class for standard production 4*4 vehicles, like Subaru and Mitsubishi

Also a pre 1995 2wd Historic class

Anyone interested should contact us on; clubmansrallycross@yahoo.co.uk
Old 16 May 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3642259)   #84
simonthelaw
Rookie

simonthelaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

First post on here as really interested in motorsport as a hobby.

Had my first taste on a circuit recently driving an Aston DB9 and Nissan GTR as part of a supercar experience but cheap, fun competition is what I'm looking for so thought RallyCross would be best.

I drive an old Citreon C2 and when it fails it's MOT (which it will as hole in the exhaust and cannot afford to fix right now) I planned to use it as a project to teach myself car repairs and hopefully race locally.

The only problem is in Scotland the only real track is Knockhill and they do not offer Rally Cross anymore as far as I can see, are there any other ways I can get my fix?

Thanks for any info
Old 17 May 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3642482)   #85
maranello48
Rookie

Good to see more people are interested! If knockhill is your local, im assuming your scotland/the borders? Autocross is very popular in your area, and is perhaps one of the cheapest forms of motorsport. It's also a very good way of learning car control as it's done entirely off road.

Check out the website below, should be more info there!

http://borderecossecarclub.com/autocross/
Old 30 May 2016, 13:44 (Ref:3645800)   #86
finnishnightmare
Rookie

finnishnightmare should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, hopefully someone will notice my post on this old ass thread! Anyway, I'm looking to try rallycross and think I have a suitable car; it cost me £100 and is an old Civic so should take the beatings well. Only thing is, it's an automatic and I don't wanna mess around with any mechanical stuff yet having never even tasted what rallycross is like... Anyone have any opinions, or better yet any experience, of whether using an auto in rallycross is a good/bad idea? It's also a non vtec model, 1.6 producing 105bhp (when new!), will it be horribly underpowered? I don't care about coming last but I at least want the chance to be competitive!

Cheers.
Old 12 Jul 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3658576)   #87
fraggle
Rookie

fraggle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all. I would love to get started in rallycross. I have a Golf 1.9TDI I was thinking of using. What class would it be in?
Also, how do you guys transport your cars to races?
Old 1 Jul 2021, 12:58 (Ref:4059162)   #88
AlamakiRX
Racer

I just thought I would re-open this thread as still getting enquiries from potential new drivers who have watched the 2011 edition of Top Gear and want to get into rallycross.

Please e mail me on

btrdarallycross@gmail.com

Thanks