Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win the Drivers' Championship?
Mark Webber 68 55.74%
Lewis Hamilton 24 19.67%
Fernando Alonso 10 8.20%
Jenson Button 15 12.30%
Sebastian Vettel 5 4.10%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Oct 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2771478)   #76
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat View Post
Webber for me just so he can then say "Not bad for a number two driver "
Yeah it would be great to see Mark say that if he wins the championship. Apparently he has said recently that he isn't the favourite, but I think he just doesn't want to jinx it. He is the current favourite.

The Red Bull is the fastest car till(just look at the Suzuka tests). I think Ferrari will be close, but Alonso is handicapped by his engine. I think it will be a Vettel/Webber fight off.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2771505)   #77
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Yeah it would be great to see Mark say that if he wins the championship.
"Great"? Are you sure you mean "great"? If he said that again it would be petty and immature on a whole new scale. It was bad enough when he said it at Silverstone, we don't need to hear him spitting the dummy again.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 Oct 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2771533)   #78
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
+1 RG ..... Im with you on that one.

With all respects his success has come more by 'right place right time' circumstances, in a way as was Button with Brawn. If Williams had taken up their option to extend Mark's contract, rather than letting him go, his move to Red Bull would not have happened. In which case Mark would no doubt now be in Heidfelds position...... with no wins or podiums to his name.

A bit like Button in a way.... from Honda to early retirement his prime option, until a last minute Brawn intervention put JB in the best seat in the house.

Attaining F1 Superstardom and success as a driver nowadays means getting the right team in the right year
Old 8 Oct 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2771543)   #79
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Either one of Alonso, Hamilton or Webber will be the most deserving. I don't know who I'd prefer. Probably Lewis because I love watching him race.

Button has been consistent but not in the same class as his teammate and Vettel has been plain disappointing.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2771562)   #80
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Webber or Button for me. Webber for doing what needs to be done in what is pretty much this seasons 'Brawn'. And Button for not being in a different league to Hamilton, which is which is what Massa is now in compared to Teflonso.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2771592)   #81
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think Lewis can do a comeback and win it
Old 8 Oct 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2771618)   #82
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
I still think Lewis can do a comeback and win it
That would be fantastic, a season to remember.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2771720)   #83
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB
Attaining F1 Superstardom and success as a driver nowadays means getting the right team in the right year
Ermmm tell me EB, when wasnt this the case ? Whilst there are some who have won the odd race or two there are very few drivers who have won championships in '2nd rate' cars.

I think Webber is deserving of the championship this year because he has really stepped up his game & determination amid a lot of controversy & team bias to his younger, more fancied team mate. Hats off to Alonso too, as much as I hate to say it (because he is NOT one of my favourite drivers) he has done a great job fighting his way back into contention.

Button is achieving with consistency rather than raw speed & whilst there is nothing wrong with that it's why I only place him third in my 'most deserving list'.

As for Hamilton & Vettel, they have both done an admirable job of doing almost everything they could to lose the championship this year & yet still remain in contention so I guess they are somewhat deserving but not title favourites based on recent form

Old 9 Oct 2010, 07:30 (Ref:2771819)   #84
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Either one of Alonso, Hamilton or Webber will be the most deserving.
Considering that had it not been for reliability issues in all 3 of the first 3 races, Vettel would have had 75 points, i don't see how the 3 you mention are more deserving?
Old 9 Oct 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2771848)   #85
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Surely whoever wins in such a competitive season will be ultimately the most deserving?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 9 Oct 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2771864)   #86
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
What RG said.

Whoever wins it deserves it.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2771943)   #87
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's right, it's been like that the last couple of seasons.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 12:53 (Ref:2771952)   #88
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
That's right, it's been like that the last couple of seasons.
So it's not always the case then?

Hamilton just got a five place grid penalty, just to make it a bit more deserving should he win the championship.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2771975)   #89
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

No, I guess this season it's been more exciting than the last, but in general the previous seasons had as much excitement for the closing stages... 2008 is a fine example.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2771990)   #90
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Considering that had it not been for reliability issues in all 3 of the first 3 races, Vettel would have had 75 points, i don't see how the 3 you mention are more deserving?
Er...he finished 4rth in race 1. Retired in race 2 and won race 3. That is 35 lost points not 75. They have all had misfortunes. Perhaps with the exception of Webber who does seem to have the luck of a champion this season.
Vettel has more than made up for his bad luck by crashing into anyone and everything at the slightest chance of an overtake.

Vettel has made more mistakes than anyone this season including some of the rookies.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2772074)   #91
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I think people should remember that the question isn't: Who do you think is a nice bloke?
Fair enough then.

Anyone but Vettel. And because it would seriously rub Mr. Single Digit's nose in it, I'm backing Webber......
Old 9 Oct 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2772174)   #92
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What RG said.

Whoever wins it deserves it.
I agree. It doesnt matter if a champion wins by cheating and getting away with it or that all of his fellow championship contenders die in a plane crash; the one who scored the most points is always the deserving winner. F1 isnt about crowning the most talented, outright quickest driver. Its about scoring the most points over the course of a season
Old 9 Oct 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2772194)   #93
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
I agree. It doesnt matter if a champion wins by cheating and getting away with it
Maybe not to some. I believe in more honourable ways of winning.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 01:46 (Ref:2772261)   #94
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm with you there.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2772682)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
+2
Old 10 Oct 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2772694)   #96
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im saying if he gets away with it it really isnt cheating, is it? He took a risk of getting dqed, he didnt and therefore he deserves the title
Old 10 Oct 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2772704)   #97
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I'm with you there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
+2
Same here. The world is already full of bad examples, it might seem unimportant but every little bit can make the difference for the next generations.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2772706)   #98
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Ok you lot.

Whoever wins it deserves it, providing they remain within the rules. My point was a response to those who say things like "Barrichello's had a long career. He deserves a title".
Old 10 Oct 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2772712)   #99
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Whoever wins it deserves it, providing they remain within the rules.
Which is precisely what Alonso hasn't.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2772713)   #100
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Im saying if he gets away with it it really isnt cheating, is it?
I used to (emphasis on the "I used to") play golf with someone that could never be trusted to count all of his shots. He wasn't cheating me.