Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win the Drivers' Championship?
Mark Webber 68 55.74%
Lewis Hamilton 24 19.67%
Fernando Alonso 10 8.20%
Jenson Button 15 12.30%
Sebastian Vettel 5 4.10%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Oct 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2772784)   #101
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Ok you lot.

Whoever wins it deserves it, providing they remain within the rules. My point was a response to those who say things like "Barrichello's had a long career. He deserves a title".
Right, but it did serve to prove a point...
Old 10 Oct 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2772793)   #102
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Ok so three races to go....
Webber on 220, Alonso and Vettel on 206, Hamilton on 192, Button 189.

So Button will need to win twice to have any real hope at all.....
Hamilton will need to win once if he has two more other podiums and the first three all have lousy luck.... maybe Montezemolo will be right and Massa will surprise and win the last three races....

But really if Webber wins again he will be hard to catch. If Webber wins and the next two have a retirement it will be very hard for them to beat him.... but if Webber retires and one of the next two win it will be all on....

At least there will be some interest in how it turns out...
Old 10 Oct 2010, 21:46 (Ref:2772797)   #103
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber is the only one with a chance even with a retirement. It looks alot like a three horse race now. Webber should probably take it tho.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2772810)   #104
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Im saying if he gets away with it it really isnt cheating, is it? He took a risk of getting dqed, he didnt and therefore he deserves the title
Yes, its still cheating, even if he gets away with it. A lack of integrity/honour will always be a lack of integrity and honour.

Someone who deserves to win but loses it because of someone elses cheating will always have the higher moral ground and ultimately the respect of those who really matter.

Having the respect of those who value winning by cheating doesn't really matter to those who value honour and integrity more highly.....
Old 10 Oct 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2772811)   #105
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I used to (emphasis on the "I used to") play golf with someone that could never be trusted to count all of his shots. He wasn't cheating me.
quite right marbot...the emphasis should be on 'me'
Old 10 Oct 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2772814)   #106
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its F1, there's no honour and integrity. Not if you want to win the WDC. Look at the last few champions, only JB and Kimi can be said to have their integrity intact. And even Kimi you could argue have "cheated" to win, when he drove around the outside of La Source to win the race there in 2009. The big names are all scumbags that would do anything to gain an advantage, like Alonso in Hungary 2007, Hamilton in Australia 2007 and of course MS 10s of times, lets say parking in La Rascasse in 2006. Most of the winners would cheat, lie or stretch the rules to gain an advantage in F1.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2772816)   #107
Teretonga
Veteran

Its a sporting contest, not a war.....

Like any opinion or point of view it all depends on your perspective.
Mine will never be a 'win at all costs regardless of the rules of engagement'.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2772855)   #108
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's right, above anything there are principles of decency and behavior that one can't distant himself without being considered a bad character. The environmvent he's in doesn't affect those principles, he has them or he hasn't at all.

Oh, that's only my opinion.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 05:20 (Ref:2772916)   #109
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Im saying if he gets away with it it really isnt cheating, is it?
This is one of the most morally bankrupt statements it is possible to make, It's also incorrect, as a couple of minutes spent alone with a dictionary proves beyond all doubt.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2773754)   #110
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Whoever wins it deserves it, providing they remain within the rules. My point was a response to those who say things like "Barrichello's had a long career. He deserves a title".
I rather think that I may have contributed to kicking off this very strange debate by saying that whoever wins it this year will deserve it, so perhaps I ought to clarify my own meaning...

What I was saying was that with 5 drivers in the running, whoever wins it will have had to have worked damn hard to beat off some very tough competition, and there can be no suggestions of anybody having an "easy ride" as there might have been during the TGF years, or any year when someone dominates in what is clearly a superior car. The 5 drivers have been, for the most part, evenly matched to an extent that I don't think we've seen in a long time, and whoever wins will deserve credit for coming out on top at the end of an immensely competitive season.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2773816)   #111
BMW_F1
Rookie

United States
New York City
BMW_F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has to be Alonso for me.. After all the bad luck he had early on in the season and fact that he's driven a car this year that is not as dominant as the f2007/f2008 and still be this close to the title makes him stand out from the rest..
I would feel the same for Lewis if I was his fan, but I am not.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2773822)   #112
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
This is one of the most morally bankrupt statements it is possible to make, It's also incorrect, as a couple of minutes spent alone with a dictionary proves beyond all doubt.
Well, look at it this way. The front wing of the redbull clearly flexes, yet no matter how much the FIA change the rules when it comes to testing they never seem to be able to bust them. There if they would have gotten busted then it would have been cheating. They havent tho, so its not cheating. This is the balance act F1 teams have to do
Old 12 Oct 2010, 16:03 (Ref:2773871)   #113
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Well, look at it this way. The front wing of the redbull clearly flexes, yet no matter how much the FIA change the rules when it comes to testing they never seem to be able to bust them. There if they would have gotten busted then it would have been cheating. They havent tho, so its not cheating. This is the balance act F1 teams have to do
If you break the rule you are cheating whether you are caught or not. If the Red Bull wing contravenes the rules and they have not been caught in spite of the tests that have been applied they have still cheated. In fact I think Red Bull have just got a very cleverly designed front wing which is within the rules and confers an advantage, which is exactly what F1 is all about and is not cheating.

Not getting caught is an entirely different thing to being innocent.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2773965)   #114
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
If you break the rule you are cheating whether you are caught or not. If the Red Bull wing contravenes the rules and they have not been caught in spite of the tests that have been applied they have still cheated. In fact I think Red Bull have just got a very cleverly designed front wing which is within the rules and confers an advantage, which is exactly what F1 is all about and is not cheating.

Not getting caught is an entirely different thing to being innocent.
I would agree with this.
If a team is knowingly contravening a rule and being lever not to get caught, that is different from building something which is not being busted because the engineering is within the rule.

Red Bull are not concerned because perhaps what is happening is something that has nothing to do with the wing....
Old 12 Oct 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2773994)   #115
porscherules
Rookie

porscherules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the 2 drivers that deserve the championship are :

lewis hamilton : these guy really knows how to drive to the edge , he is consistent , he is a fighter , he knows how to overtake ,he make every race like it was he last one of his life .

Fernando Alonso : These guy is damn fast also , overtake , drives very clean.

doesnt deserve :

jenson button : these guy doesnt car about the tittle is just like ok with the last year tittle.

mark webber : a slow pilot in a fast car is a fast pilot... he is a cheater doesnt want to be overtaked so he is a looser , never won anything why know , just because he drives a fast car...

vettel : these guy is really fast damn so many poll positions , but its so easy to be in the front and win races been in 1 place all the time... when was the last time that i saw vettel overtaking.......................................
Old 12 Oct 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2774023)   #116
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
(Stands back and holds his breath........ )
Old 12 Oct 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2774039)   #117
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porscherules View Post

Fernando Alonso : These guy is damn fast also , overtake , drives very clean.

Yeah I remember : "Fernando is faster than you. Did you hear that Felipe. Did you understand?"

Amazing overtaking move in Germany by Teflonso. Just like Schumi's in Austria in 2002.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2774071)   #118
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I want Hamilton to win. I'm fond of drivers who take chances to overtake rather than sit around and follow the guy in front. Vettel has done this a couple times, but you can count on Hamilton to try and overtake in every race. I feel bad because Singapore he had webber, i think webber could have gave him a bit more space, it's not like Hamilton turned into him. But whatever. I still think there's a chance Hammy can come back and take it. He'll have to win Korea to start, and I think Korea and Abu Dhabi are tracks that will favor McLaren. That's just my hunch.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 23:16 (Ref:2774076)   #119
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Webber had no room to give, it was hamilton that needed to give room. Webber had half of his car on the kerb. Hamilton must have had 5 meters to the right of his car to give. Webber had none
Old 13 Oct 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2774242)   #120
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im sticking with I want Vettel to win.

I honestly believe it is down to being between the two RBR's now DNF aside. Seb clearly has the edge at the moment and I see no reason he cant win the remaining three races.

But that is my wish. (and also my opinion of what is likely)
Old 13 Oct 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2774256)   #121
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
May the best driver/engine/chassis/tyre/sparkplug/air filter/brake pad/mechanics/technicians/engineers/spanners/etc and soforth win.

Let's not kid ourselves that it's all about driving talent.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2774268)   #122
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I vote Vettel. Suprised there isn't more 'love' for him on this thread. He's at the bottom of most peoples list.

I like him and want to win it.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2774290)   #123
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Webber had no room to give, it was hamilton that needed to give room. Webber had half of his car on the kerb. Hamilton must have had 5 meters to the right of his car to give. Webber had none
I've said it before, but Webber was going too fast to make the corner on that line, so probably shouldn't have been there in the first place. He did have room - he could have slowed down enough to make the corner without crossing the racing line.

Still a racing incident though.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2774302)   #124
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'm looking forward to more "racing incidents" in the coming races.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2774303)   #125
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces View Post
I vote Vettel. Suprised there isn't more 'love' for him on this thread. He's at the bottom of most peoples list.

I like him and want to win it.

That's exactly my reason for Webber. Vettel will have plenty more chances, I suspect Webber will not. And I just don't like Vettel that much - there's something about him that just doesn't endear him to me at all - stupidly, it all started with that finger.....