Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3066342)   #1
gtir.si
Rookie

England
cheshire
gtir.si should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all

Hi i`m new to the site and to marshalling i have my first race in may at oulton park where i did my walkabout . i will probably stick with oulton park til i get experience(and i live near to oulton) then hopefully try some other tracks. i am also doing theThe Cholmondeley Pageant of Power in june.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3066362)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Welcome onboard, you will love oulton and marshalling I'm sure! Great track and great bunch of guys n gals to be marshalling with! Ask lots of questions and don't be too gung ho when attending incidents and always keep an eye on oncoming traffic!
Old 28 Apr 2012, 04:35 (Ref:3066402)   #3
janeybobs
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
janeybobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hiya!!! Welcome!!!

This is my first season marshalling at Oulton, your gonna love it, its a blast!!!
Old 28 Apr 2012, 06:12 (Ref:3066413)   #4
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed Welcome to the slightly strange world of motorsport marshalling and especially to the great team of marshals who spent their time at Oulton

It's a friendly place, with lots of characters who often pop up on here as well

You will be made welcome on your first day, enjoy it, ask lots of questions and come back again
Old 28 Apr 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3066442)   #5
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope you have a good day in May and get hooked.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3066475)   #6
gtir.si
Rookie

England
cheshire
the 19th of may is my first one and i`ve put down for the fire training on the sunday of the touring cars,also cholomondeley pageant of power .just waiting on my overalls to be made and sent.

Last edited by gtir.si; 28 Apr 2012 at 10:50.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3066562)   #7
brian_bury
Racer

England
crumpsall manchester
brian_bury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big welcome

hope you enjoy your first day and the main thing is to listen to other (older?) marshals and ask questions no matter how daft you think it is ask it , you might (will) get a silly answer but you only learn by asking and watching ,, oh and dont be frightened of the ones in the silly hats , cos you don;t have to be mad "but it helps" lol be safe and have fun
Old 28 Apr 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3066653)   #8
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi gti, u will love it mate, have u done your first one or about to. just take in as much as poss, make your own opinions and try an enjoy it. it is an amazing hobby if you stick to it and you will make some amazing friends and see some weird and wonderful things. will see you at oulton at some point, say hello, u cant miss me but ask anyone who the monkey is and they will point you in the right direction
Old 28 Apr 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3066656)   #9
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lovely bunch of folks at Oulton - made me very welcome when I visited from my usual haunts at Silverstone. Enjoy and keep safe are the main things.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3066658)   #10
gtir.si
Rookie

England
cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey View Post
hi gti, u will love it mate, have u done your first one or about to. just take in as much as poss, make your own opinions and try an enjoy it. it is an amazing hobby if you stick to it and you will make some amazing friends and see some weird and wonderful things. will see you at oulton at some point, say hello, u cant miss me but ask anyone who the monkey is and they will point you in the right direction
doing my first one in may ,will look out for you i`m just the otherside of the bridge from you in runcorn
Old 28 Apr 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3066674)   #11
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtir.si View Post
doing my first one in may ,will look out for you i`m just the otherside of the bridge from you in runcorn
good stuff, possible car share here. iam nr pickerings pasture
Old 29 Apr 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3066795)   #12
gtir.si
Rookie

England
cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey View Post
good stuff, possible car share here. iam nr pickerings pasture
i`m just by the express way in weston village
Old 29 Apr 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3067037)   #13
Gas bag
Rookie

England
San Miguel De Abona
Gas bag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtir.si View Post
Hi i`m new to the site and to marshalling i have my first race in may at oulton park where i did my walkabout . i will probably stick with oulton park til i get experience(and i live near to oulton) then hopefully try some other tracks. i am also doing theThe Cholmondeley Pageant of Power in june.
Welcome to the world of motorsport,you'll find the guys and galls at Oulton a great bunch,listen to the IO and PC briefing first thing as we all know what we are talking about!!!!

Enjoy a fantastic circuit right on your doorstep with fast and slow speed corners and lots of elevation changes,it's unsurpassed in the UK IMHO.

You must try Anglesey (as its fairly close) this season,there are some great meetings coming up?

Most of all watch and listen to others when on post and you'll quickly and safely learn the ropes,I'm sure if not already you'll soon be hooked for life.

Stay safe