Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jul 2012, 13:58 (Ref:3108010)   #2251
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
It sounds like the new LMP2 engine supplier IS the LMP-racing returnee. Ford?
I read it as two different stories.

Also, when has Ford run an Lmp?
Old 18 Jul 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3108023)   #2252
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It's nothing more than a speculation, but the term "LMP racing" is not limited to LMP classes only, but rather to LM-style racing in general, i.e. it includes GT.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3108026)   #2253
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's nothing more than a speculation, but the term "LMP racing" is not limited to LMP classes only, but rather to LM-style racing in general, i.e. it includes GT.
No, when it's LMP racing, it's Le Mans Prototypes, so either a LMP1 or LMP2 entry. Otherwise it would just be a LM or Sportscar return.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3108046)   #2254
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I read it as two different stories.

Ford engines have been run in LMP's.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3108047)   #2255
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Ford engines have been run in LMP's.
But aren't we talking about a team returning?
Old 18 Jul 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3108053)   #2256
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
But aren't we talking about a team returning?
It is a pretty vague statement, could be a team, or a chassis manufacturer, or driver, or team manager, or tire, or sponsor....

It could easily be the Riley Ford.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3108088)   #2257
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When was the last time a Ford engine powered a prototype?
Old 18 Jul 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3108090)   #2258
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is a pretty vague statement, could be a team, or a chassis manufacturer, or driver, or team manager, or tire, or sponsor....

It could easily be the Riley Ford.
Hmm, are we thinking that Riley would join forces with Ford to create a LMP car?

Man, I don't think it would work since they're happy running at Grand-Am at the moment.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3108092)   #2259
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3.14 View Post
When was the last time a Ford engine powered a prototype?
Prior to Libra's outing at LS with the Roush-Yates engine? Paul Belmondo Racing, 2006 - if memory serves.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3108096)   #2260
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Prior to Libra's outing at LS with the Roush-Yates engine? Paul Belmondo Racing, 2006 - if memory serves.
When was the Lavaggi?
Old 18 Jul 2012, 18:09 (Ref:3108101)   #2261
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
When was the Lavaggi?
I stand (partially) corrected - the Lavaggi last ran in 2009, apparently.
Unsure as to whether that had ever been considered a Ford powerplant, though. Was the Cosworth based on a Ford powerplant?

PBR's C65s ran with Ford backing in some capacity, though. Didn't they?
Old 18 Jul 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3108102)   #2262
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
I stand (partially) corrected - the Lavaggi last ran in 2009, apparently.
Unsure as to whether that had ever been considered a Ford powerplant, though. Was the Cosworth based on a Ford powerplant?

PBR's C65s ran with Ford backing in some capacity, though. Didn't they?
They sure did have a big sticker on the engine compartment
Old 18 Jul 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3108115)   #2263
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Hmm, are we thinking that Riley would join forces with Ford to create a LMP car?

Man, I don't think it would work since they're happy running at Grand-Am at the moment.
Well, the Ford engine is out there already..

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...st-v-6-to-alms

The Riley LMP2 was originally thought to be using this Ford engine.

http://www.alms.com/articles/riley-t...mp2-plans-2011
Old 18 Jul 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3108148)   #2264
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Well, the Ford engine is out there already..

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...st-v-6-to-alms

The Riley LMP2 was originally thought to be using this Ford engine.

http://www.alms.com/articles/riley-t...mp2-plans-2011
Perhaps it's not so dead as we thought!?
Old 18 Jul 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3108156)   #2265
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
The number of LMP2 options, with a roof is pretty small at the moment.... I mean what are we looking at, Bailey and this Lotus project... The Bailey hasn't run in a race yet, and a Lotus...

Anyway, Riley has a proven track record, even though the car hasn't been built or run yet, so anybody looking at a coupe, should be giving this some consideration.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 20:15 (Ref:3108166)   #2266
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
riley is involved with grand-am and will run the official team of new viper, doubt that they want to enter in the lmp2 market.
About bailey, i think that we will see that car only if ran by bailey it self and the 2013 lotus lmp2 can seriously be a vaporware.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3108266)   #2267
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Because YOU know what Lotus is doing?
Old 18 Jul 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3108272)   #2268
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Not Riley - And not Ford

Its a chassis/ engine combo neither of which is currently racing anywhere in LMP2

Awaiting final confirmation on timing

Not a blockbuster announcement but a very welcome one indeed!
Old 18 Jul 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3108276)   #2269
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Its a chassis/ engine combo neither of which is currently racing anywhere in LMP2
I'm assuming that HPD-Mazda combo is not really possible, isn't?
Old 18 Jul 2012, 23:32 (Ref:3108278)   #2270
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm assuming that HPD-Mazda combo is not really possible, isn't?
HPD would not be a returnee and the Mazda engine has already been announced
Old 19 Jul 2012, 01:05 (Ref:3108310)   #2271
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could MG be making a return?
Old 19 Jul 2012, 03:26 (Ref:3108340)   #2272
falcons707
Rookie

United States
cali
falcons707 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mg and RML ?
Old 19 Jul 2012, 04:33 (Ref:3108356)   #2273
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
RML-something-Nissan? RML are out of WTCC now and recently worked with Nissan (Juke-R project).
Old 19 Jul 2012, 05:02 (Ref:3108360)   #2274
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
RML-something-Nissan? RML are out of WTCC now and recently worked with Nissan (Juke-R project).
That could be possible.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3108520)   #2275
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everybody is always forgeting about Zytek, maybe they are working on a coupe with a zytek engine (the World series engine is a good base for a LMP1 engine)