Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Oct 2010, 07:43 (Ref:2772956)   #1
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DC's Faux Par

DC's jibe to the mercedes mechanics was great TV and goof form, however how annoyed do you think he was when Lee McKenzie made sure it didn't go unnnoticed by the Mercedes hirachy.

It probably wasn't the smartest thing he's said however there may have been a chance it slipped through the net. The look on his face
Old 11 Oct 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2772964)   #2
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fielden View Post
DC's jibe to the mercedes mechanics was great TV and goof form, however how annoyed do you think he was when Lee McKenzie made sure it didn't go unnnoticed by the Mercedes hirachy.

It probably wasn't the smartest thing he's said however there may have been a chance it slipped through the net. The look on his face
Damn! I didn't pick up on that (fast-forwarding through the recorded programme due to personal time-constraints - Mrs wanted to be taken shopping!).
What happened?
Old 11 Oct 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2772970)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He missed his putt on the 18th to go over par overall.

The look on the Mercedes faces!
Old 11 Oct 2010, 09:48 (Ref:2773007)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Basically, the Mercedes bunch were standing behind the rear end of the car (as many teams do) to cover it up. DC asked if they were just standing there or whether they were covering up a new part. They laughed and said they were covering up. DC basically said "why would anyone want to copy this car?!"

Selby
Old 11 Oct 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2773018)   #5
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Basically, the Mercedes bunch were standing behind the rear end of the car (as many teams do) to cover it up. DC asked if they were just standing there or whether they were covering up a new part. They laughed and said they were covering up. DC basically said "why would anyone want to copy this car?!"

Selby
OH, OK, thanks.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 00:06 (Ref:2773499)   #6
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Selby
I missed this too, thanks, thats quite funny, I bet some of Mercedes management wouldnt have been happy about it but I dont think DC should be discouraged from cracks like that.

Nice one DC.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2773028)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not much of a faux pas really though was it? Why should DC be that bothered now about a minor jibe at Mercedes? I hardly think Mercedes will withdraw goodwill to DC or the Beeb on the strength of a largely accurate comment...... Perhaps they didn't want DC to check the wheelnuts for tightness......
Old 11 Oct 2010, 11:03 (Ref:2773047)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
DC does drive for Mercedes in the DTM though
Old 11 Oct 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2773056)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh that's what Lee McEnzie ended up saying - I forgot to mention that bit.

Selby
Old 11 Oct 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2773061)   #10
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Well yeah, thats the faux pas really isn't it. I agree its not the best car on the grid but as a driver on Mercedes books he probably winced the second he finished the sentance.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2773077)   #11
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
But in favour, think about the good publicity Mercedes DTM's getting by just having DC drive one of their cars. So it'll be nothing more than a "less of that, David" slap on the wrists

Selby
Old 11 Oct 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2773290)   #12
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We need more comments like that, puncturing the ego's of people in F1 should be encouraged.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2773396)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways View Post
We need more comments like that, puncturing the ego's of people in F1 should be encouraged.
With you here a 100%

At least it was an honest jibe and a bit of real human interaction - based in fact, and not a lot of politically correct rubbish!

Norbert and Ross have admitted the car is rubbish anyway.

Did the Mercedes guys have a comeback?
Old 14 Oct 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2774943)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
With you here a 100%

At least it was an honest jibe and a bit of real human interaction - based in fact, and not a lot of politically correct rubbish!

Norbert and Ross have admitted the car is rubbish anyway.

Did the Mercedes guys have a comeback?
No come back at all, they seemed a confused as how to take it.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2773295)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh no!
Old 11 Oct 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2773299)   #16
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I thought it was just a little joke comment to the mechanics... chances are he has worked with them or exchanged similar jibes before with them while he was driving? a bit of banter?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2773350)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That has no place in the modern world.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2773355)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, we must be serious, don't you know!
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2773824)   #19
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, we must be serious, don't you know!
Hang fire a minute. i didn't start the thread to say this was an outrage and what was he thinking and theres no room for good banter in f1 and all that caper. Just mearly pointing out it was a bit touch and go given the fact he's a contracted Mercedes driver in DTM. I thought it was brilliant and as mentioned before great british wit if not a bit mis-placed.

I mean Cesc Fabregas wore a Barcalona top on the celebrations for the spanish world cup squads triumph. That didn't bother me either it was a bit of fun but you dont have to be a genius to work out its probably not the smartest thing he's ever done do you?
Old 11 Oct 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2773409)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not as I recall.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2773416)   #21
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People should remember that Coulthard is not independent, he is a employee of Red Bull and his comments should be considered to be those of a Red Bull spokesperson.

The BBC would be better off getting someone who is not employed by one of the teams or sponsors involved, and until then provide a 'declaration of interest' everytime Coulthard appears.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2773662)   #22
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
People should remember that Coulthard is not independent, he is a employee of Red Bull and his comments should be considered to be those of a Red Bull spokesperson.

The BBC would be better off getting someone who is not employed by one of the teams or sponsors involved, and until then provide a 'declaration of interest' everytime Coulthard appears.
Your joking, right?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2773738)   #23
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post

I hope this isn't a serious suggestion. Although I do agree that Coulthard's pro-Red Bull bias is tiresome. He hasn't really been out of F1 long enough to lose his allegiances.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 12 Oct 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2774064)   #24
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
I hope this isn't a serious suggestion. Although I do agree that Coulthard's pro-Red Bull bias is tiresome. He hasn't really been out of F1 long enough to lose his allegiances.
I don't find Coulthards pro Red Bull bias nearly as irritating as Brundle's constant sniping at Schumacher. He makes a disparaging remark about Schumacher blowing him off before he even goes near him.
I had a great deal of respect for Brundle, and his ugly jealousy reduces this respect considerably.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2774213)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I don't find Coulthards pro Red Bull bias nearly as irritating as Brundle's constant sniping at Schumacher. He makes a disparaging remark about Schumacher blowing him off before he even goes near him.
I had a great deal of respect for Brundle, and his ugly jealousy reduces this respect considerably.
Well, for what it's worth IMO, a returning multiple WDC opens himself up to criticism if he's clearly no longer up to par.... I'm with Brundle.

I emphasise - that's my opinion.