Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jan 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3018560)   #1
LeeWardle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Liverpool England
LeeWardle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2013 Driver Lineups

With so many seats and top seats possibly freeing up at the end of the season who will end up where?

Di Resta... showing promise and out of contract
Massa... Underperforming by Ferrari standards and with big names coming free...
Hamilton... Out of contract and has the world at his feet. Is he waiting for a RedBull offer or holding Maclaren to randsom? One thing for sure wherever he signs will be for a high Price thanks to his new management team.
Webber... Out of contract and not been a leading performer for as much as he helped win 2 costructors championships.
Schumacher... contract is up and has been average so far.
Hakkinen... within contract but if hes good...

This driver market will prove to be the busiest in history, who will end up where and why?
Old 29 Jan 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3018563)   #2
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeWardle View Post
With so many seats and top seats possibly freeing up at the end of the season who will end up where?

Di Resta... showing promise and out of contract
Massa... Underperforming by Ferrari standards and with big names coming free...
Hamilton... Out of contract and has the world at his feet. Is he waiting for a RedBull offer or holding Maclaren to randsom? One thing for sure wherever he signs will be for a high Price thanks to his new management team.
Webber... Out of contract and not been a leading performer for as much as he helped win 2 costructors championships.
Schumacher... contract is up and has been average so far.

This driver market will prove to be the busiest in history, who will end up where and why?
Welcome to the forum! Even though it is a bit early to start a thread, you are right in that there will be a lot of changes in 2013. I thought Hakkinen ended his career early, yet I would be even more suprised than when Schumi returned.

Concerning Massa, reports have been flying around that he may be forced out mid-season if he cannot perform so it may even be sooner than expected.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3018566)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll hazard a guess at:

Red Bull - Vettel & Vergne
McLaren - Hamilton & Button
Ferrari - Alonso & Kubica if he is fit, if not maybe Perez or Sutil
Mercedes - Rosberg and di Resta
Lotus - as is
Old 29 Jan 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3018567)   #4
LeeWardle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Liverpool England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Welcome to the forum! Even though it is a bit early to start a thread, you are right in that there will be a lot of changes in 2013. I thought Hakkinen ended his career early, yet I would be even more suprised than when Schumi returned.

Concerning Massa, reports have been flying around that he may be forced out mid-season if he cannot perform so it may even be sooner than expected.
Thanks for the welcome. Ive been using another forum recently but was advised to.come here, so here i am.

Yeah i know its a tad early for this discussion but its one which ive wanted to talk about and theres a lack of people who know about/watch/care about f1 in my life.

i agree that many of the rumours about next seasons seats wont heat up until the mid season break but i like to look back and see who is correct in their predictions.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3018570)   #5
LeeWardle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Liverpool England
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I'll hazard a guess at:

Lotus - as is
Sounds like a fair punt.

Id like to see Di Resta at RedBull but its probably too much to soon so Merc seems a safer bet, stepping up. If Kubica gets fit and proves he can still be up for a big seat with Ferrari the best bet.

I feel Hamilton will stay at.Maclaren too, hes probably hoping for a better car this year and a big pay bump. Im tempted to.say Schuey to have one more year too.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3018572)   #6
LeeWardle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Liverpool England
Quote:

Thanks for the welcome. I feel Massa is switching unless he becomes a race winner this season which i cant foresee. I agree that the rumours will hot up at the mid season break tho after we get an idea of whos car is fast and who is in contention for the title.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3018573)   #7
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. Ive been using another forum recently but was advised to.come here, so here i am.

Yeah i know its a tad early for this discussion but its one which ive wanted to talk about and theres a lack of people who know about/watch/care about f1 in my life.

i agree that many of the rumours about next seasons seats wont heat up until the mid season break but i like to look back and see who is correct in their predictions.
I know how frustrating it can be when you don't have many people who have the interest in your passion, which is why I joined this great forum too.

Yeah it is fun to see who predicted right and see, with the benefit of hindsight who seemed to talk sense.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3018623)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
HAKKINEN ????? He's back ? Oh my another old driver around !
Old 29 Jan 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3018630)   #9
LeeWardle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Liverpool England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post

Really mate!?! Where have you been and how havent you heard? Hes hardly old either really...
Old 29 Jan 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3018632)   #10
LeeWardle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Liverpool England
Quote:
I know how frustrating it can be when you don't have many people who have the interest in your passion, which is why I joined this great forum too.

Yeah it is fun to see who predicted right and see, with the benefit of hindsight who seemed to talk sense.

Its a great frustration tbh. Theres a guy in work who i talk to on occasion but his opinions are random and he makes stuff up as he goes sometimes.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3018668)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Its a great frustration tbh. Theres a guy in work who i talk to on occasion but his opinions are random and he makes stuff up as he goes sometimes.
That sounds like Bernie...
Old 29 Jan 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3018686)   #12
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Really mate!?! Where have you been and how havent you heard? Hes hardly old either really...
Am I missing something, or do we mean Raikkonen here?
Old 30 Jan 2012, 00:33 (Ref:3018703)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, that's not you that missed something...
Old 30 Jan 2012, 08:17 (Ref:3018765)   #14
LeeWardle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Liverpool England

Quote:
No, that's not you that missed something...

I hang my head in shame

Dont know how i mixed that up, best i can i was working but what a stupid mistake.

Sorry everyone...
Old 30 Jan 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3018855)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'll hazard a guess at:

Lotus - as is
I like your RBR line up
Might be a year too early for JEV though?

McLaren: Will change end of 2012 unless they win the title....

Ferrari: We won't ever see Bob race an F1 car again. Assuming Checo has an even better season than last he's the shoe in there I think.

Brackley: Could be all change if Rosberg doesn't win a race soon.

Elsewhere....

Sauber: Kobayashi will probably be there for a few seasons, I doubt he can improve his level any further to be wanted by a top team. His teammate could be anyone!

Williams: Much depends on how either driver performs in 2012.... I can't see both South Americans being there in 2013?

STR: Maybe both new guys will be asked to stay on for another season?

FI: Depends on who actually owns the team!!

Enstone E21 (Is that a postcode in London??? ): As above....

Caterham: Kovy might get a reprieve with a top team....how about Ferrari as no 2 to Alonso as an outside punt, should Perez not get the promotion....

Manor: Pic will probably be kept on if he does well enough thanks to the backing. Timo will hope like hell that they build a good enough car for him this year that he can get the attention elsewhere for 2013.

HRT: Won't be on the grid... will FIA permit another new team in though?
Old 30 Jan 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3018868)   #16
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren : Hmmm, Button might move on to maybe Ferrari. I think he and Alonso could have better chemistry than Hammy and he did. Hamilton seems safe at McLaren. They seem to love him. Whitmarsh came out with another press article defending him. See this :-

http://dailymail.co.uk/sport/formula...-Hamilton.html

Here is the irony, how many times has Lewis criticised the team for not giving him a fast enough car?

Ferrari : Alonso looks safe. He hasn't got anywhere else to go. It is still a top team with good people doing the technical stuff. Massa, well I think he is on his way out. Who will replace him? Button could work with Alonso and wouldn't be his number two. But, I think they could work together. Anyone else would be Alonso's teaboy.

Mercedes : If Schumi doesn't get at least a podium he might call it a day. I know he likes racing, but he isn't getting the results. I don't about Rosberg. He has the upper hand at the moment. However, if Schumi manages to get ahead of him over a season, it could cast doubts on him. That and the lack of podiums or wins.

Red Bull : Most likely someone from their young driver program. Playing teammate to Vettel would be tough though.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3019201)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Mika won't be back. He's too smart.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 05:44 (Ref:3020858)   #18
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull: Vettel and Ricciardo
McLaren: Hamilton and Button
Ferrari: Alonso and Perez
Mercedes: Rosberg and Schumacher OR di Resta
Lotus: Kimi and Grosjean?
Force India: Hulkenberg and ???di Resta???
Sauber: Kobayashi and Bianchi
Toro Rosso: Vergne and ???
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3089722)   #19
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it time to revive this thread?

How about a radical change to the current line up.

Red Bull Vettel & Hamilton
McLaren Button & Di Resta
Ferrari Alonso & Perez
Mercedes Rosberg & Hulkenberg
Lotus Raikkonen & Grosjean
Sauber Kobayashi & Kovalinen
Williams Maldonado & Bottas
Force India Bianchi & Paffet
Toro Rosso Riciardo & Vergne
Caterham Petrov & Rossi
Old 13 Jun 2012, 02:15 (Ref:3089898)   #20
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I fancy Schumacher will do another year. Brawn had glowing words for him at Monaco and I think he realises that this year luck has simply been against him rather than his own judgement or speed.

Wolfhound, I think you've highlighted the key theme there, all of the movement depends on what happens to Webber. If he goes from Red Bull then it causes a chain reaction all the way down. I'm not sure where Webber could go but I don't see him retiring yet. I wonder how likely it would be to see a Hamilton and Webber swap?
I agree with your idea of Di Resta going to McLaren though as I don't think there will be any change at Mercedes and either of the McLaren drivers could be gone next season.
Perez to Ferrari is nailed on I think even with Perez's apparent 'inexperience' but the more podiums he gets the better.
I agree with Senna getting dropped from Williams but I think he'll move to a lower team again, maybe Marussia (if they are still around). I can see Glock possibly taking that seat at Williams and another new young fresh driver at Sauber rather than Kovalinien.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3089977)   #21
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course if you want a real wild card selection, how about Williams dropping Senna for the last race or two of this season and sticking Wolfe in the car?
Old 13 Jun 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3089992)   #22
p-matt
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
Of course if you want a real wild card selection, how about Williams dropping Senna for the last race or two of this season and sticking Wolfe in the car?
Absolutely not! It will be Bottas over Wolff, and I'm pretty sure it will happen this season.

A team like Marussia or HRT could arse about with a rubbish female pay driver racing, but not a team that has won a race this year!
Old 13 Jun 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3090008)   #23
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Absolutely not! It will be Bottas over Wolff, and I'm pretty sure it will happen this season.

A team like Marussia or HRT could arse about with a rubbish female pay driver racing, but not a team that has won a race this year!

But wouldn't you just love to see whether she CAN do it, or if it was just a publicity stunt all along? (Whether she is in fact a Wolfe in Sheeps' Clothing ).
Old 13 Jun 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3090094)   #24
p-matt
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
But wouldn't you just love to see whether she CAN do it, or if it was just a publicity stunt all along? (Whether she is in fact a Wolfe in Sheeps' Clothing ).
LOL - Six years in DTM doing nothing tells me all I need to know.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3090653)   #25
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Musical Chairs

Latest rumour: Sam Bird signed for Force India for 2013? It would make sense to see Paul di Resta then at Merc replacing Schum?