Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Apr 2012, 04:10 (Ref:3058165)   #1
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Robert Kubica IS BACK !!!

Watch the video !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqheH...ayer_embedded#!

He is fast!! (And he is my favorite driver !!!)
Old 13 Apr 2012, 05:25 (Ref:3058182)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
For all we know, my nan could have been driving that car
Old 13 Apr 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3058324)   #3
McArthur252
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
McArthur252 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
For all we know, my nan could have been driving that car
I wish my nan drove like your nan

Valid point though
Old 13 Apr 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3058327)   #4
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well if that was Robert , what a brave man getting back in a rally car with them Armco barriers coming towards him !!! Looked quick aswell .
Old 13 Apr 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3058338)   #5
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Not so quick initially, but certainly seemed to play himself in.....and get quicker
Old 13 Apr 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3058358)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it is him, the story has been running under the radar in non-english speaking websites and publications for a little while now. good to see him back, but i kind of hope he stays in rally rather than tries to do f1 and is unable to make it work.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3058363)   #7
cheapracer
Rookie

China
cheapracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo View Post

Watch the video !!

He is fast!!

(And he is my favorite driver !!!)
Wow!!

I watched it !!!

No he's not!!!!

(He's not mine!!!!!)

I wonder who the "RK" sponsor is?

(I wonder even more if dry humour works in this forum ....)
Old 13 Apr 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3058647)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Humour does...
Old 13 Apr 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3058653)   #9
Raspberry
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Raspberry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

*Don't mind me, I'm just checking the smiliemoticons...
Old 13 Apr 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3058664)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapracer View Post
No wonder, and wet works also... if there is such thing.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 00:51 (Ref:3058688)   #11
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapracer View Post
Wow!!

I watched it !!!

No he's not!!!!

(He's not mine!!!!!)

I wonder who the "RK" sponsor is?

Looks like Mr V's Nan to me too!
Old 6 Jun 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3086151)   #12
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some news on Kubica he is making progress after an operation to improve his right elbow.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...elbow-surgery/
Old 6 Jun 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3086175)   #13
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Still don't see him comeback next year.
If so, for what team should he be driving, Ferrari?
Old 6 Jun 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3086204)   #14
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Without wanting to be insensitive to Robert's situtation, but people seem to be making assumptions that he will just be able to walk back into a car again and be a racing driver like he was before his terrible crash. I hope that he can, because he was (is?) a great talent, but people should be prepared that he won't be the same driver, or perhaps have the speed he used to have.

I don't think Johnny Herbert was the same driver after his F3000 crash, ok he made it into F1 and had a decent career, but he still carried his injuries, maybe it didn't make a difference...?
Old 6 Jun 2012, 12:22 (Ref:3086207)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
He's having yet another operation on his elbow. Just how many elbows has this man got?!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100151

Seems promising.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3086226)   #16
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We won't see him in F1 again...at least not in a competitive car...I think the extent of the injuries and the long term effects of them will prevent him from getting to anywhere near the level he used to be at...

Wish him all the best for his recovery, always liked him as a driver and as a person...but I think the f1 dream is over...
Old 6 Jun 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3086336)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a comeback still seems hard to picture at this point but i love the optimism that it inspires.

i would think Lotus would be the team he comes back too. probably not a full time driver right away but from what i have read they had been with him every step of the way and imo it gives the team a certain credibility and history all their own if they can find a way to keep him in the family.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3086485)   #18
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope for me has been dwindling, but this does sound positive.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3086599)   #19
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Robert will suffer some kind of depression, if he hasn't already. Not that many people show a level of performance where some people think he's one of the top three drivers in F1. Surely, that would mean, at least, one title in his career? The realisation that that type of opportunity is gone would be a little difficult to deal with, I'd imagine.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3086621)   #20
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I truly do hope he at least gets a chance at getting back in an F1 car and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't, but I'd like to see the chance happen.

If not I am sure he can be a success in other categories that are not as demanding.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3086623)   #21
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I don't see him coming back to F1 -- ever.

I do hope he makes a fool out of me however.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3086750)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
He's having yet another operation on his elbow. Just how many elbows has this man got?!

Seems promising.
From that link .....

According to the doctor in charge of the operation, that will allow Kubica to fully handle the steering wheel of a car.

The doctor also said that the Polish driver had been carrying out tests in a simulator prior to the operation.

"This way the driver will be able to fully handle the steering wheel, while before he was unable to rotate the palm down, so he was forced to release the steering wheel in order to turn left," head surgeon Ruggero Testoni was quoted as saying by Italian media.

Funnily enough, reading that made me think of this thread and the video straight away and the remark from the surgeon about handling the steering wheel still makes me doubt the video. I'm no expert, but having to release the steering wheel as the surgeon suggests, i'm not sure that Robert would have been able to do that quick enough to drive like that?
Old 7 Jun 2012, 12:11 (Ref:3086830)   #23
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Surely, that would mean, at least, one title in his career?
Tell that to Jacky Ickx and Chris Amon. And Carlos Reutemann and Stirling Moss.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3087159)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post

Seems promising.
According to that article, it will take at least a month to stabilize. Good luck with the operation.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3087222)   #25
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Tell that to Jacky Ickx and Chris Amon. And Carlos Reutemann and Stirling Moss.
So, what you're saying is...I'd be wrong?