Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Nov 2001, 15:36 (Ref:172506)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brother of Brabham

Some people who have read my David Brabham interview [see Parc Ferme Magazine ] have asked me if I could please do an interview with David and ask him about his brother Geoff.

Personally I think an interview with one guy to ask about another one is not kosher, but if I can find Brother of Brabham, or find out about him, I'd like to write about him.

Can anyone direct me to Geoff Brabham? Or give me information on him? Thanks.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 16:33 (Ref:172528)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon Crash Test would be your best bet Liz.

Geoff hasnt done alot of racing of late ..he returned home to Oz a few years back and joined the factory BMW team in the super touring series but since they have pulled the plug ..he hasnt done much ..he raced for Steve Ellery's Super Cheap Auto's V8 supercar team in this years endurance races in the V8 supercar series and did rather well...and I believe he has done some parity testing ..but im not sure.

he is a great driver and deserves a full time ride here in oz ..he is based in Queensland and Crash test may be able to get in touch with him im not to sure on that ..but he is one of our countries best drivers with heaps of Cart races and I think four IMSA titles ..and im just rambling now as ive had a tad too much to drink ..but hey the guy is good
Old 9 Nov 2001, 16:38 (Ref:172530)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
But what I really want to know is what the heck is the other brother Gary doing these days ???????
Old 9 Nov 2001, 16:56 (Ref:172543)   #4
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good stuff, marcus. I was going to ask about Gary as well - it has been even longer since I've heard what he's up to.

Couple of other suggestions... Since Geoff was with the Super Cheap Team at Bathurst, they might be a good source of info. Web site: www.steveelleryracing.com.au , PR: Anne Gigney. As well as Crash Test, RaceTime may also be able to point you in the right direction since he seems to have his finger on the pulse - and he receives press releases from the Super Cheap Team.

Some info on Geoff is available here:
http://www.conrod.com.au/stats/drprof.cgi?id=26
Note:
1st 1993 Le Mans 24 Hours
1st 1997 Bathurst 1000
1st 1988-1991 IMSA GTP Championship
1st 1981 Can-Am Championship
Old 9 Nov 2001, 17:33 (Ref:172566)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found a site called www.brabham.com.au but it won't pull up. I sent them an e-mail to see if they're having problems or if it's just me, but it looks to be a good source of information on All Brabhams.

Thanks guys - I will see if I can contact Crash, and anything else you turn up would be a help.

Maybe I need a new motto: "Brabhams R Us"! [Geoff appears to be the right age for me too. I don't suppose he's single? ]
Old 9 Nov 2001, 18:27 (Ref:172593)   #6
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.brabham.com.au? Bah! Too obvious - who would have thought of that?!? Keep trying the site, it came up straight away for me.

Gary is running an advanced driving school in Brisbane. Geoff lives on the Gold Coast with his wife & son (sorry Liz ) and is an advanced driving instructor - I guess he helps Gary!
Old 9 Nov 2001, 21:07 (Ref:172706)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Still won't pull up (that site) for me.

And as for Geoff's wife and child I guess I will have to wait for what my friend Antony calls "The Amnesia Version" when he forgets about them ...

Bah.
Old 10 Nov 2001, 01:45 (Ref:172810)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
ahhh very obvious ...site works fine for me too Liz..must be your comp for some reason.

I love the whole Brabham family and have been priviledged to meet Sir jack a few years back when he was watching Geoff race a BMW..he is a very nice guy and has a certain auroa (sorry sp) about him ..very classy man.

and his sons are the same.

umm just to make you do some more work liz check this out for yet another Brabham about to embeark on a racing career
Old 10 Nov 2001, 03:07 (Ref:172817)   #9
Liz
Veteran

That site works fine from the uptown office, so it must be that downtown computer. I am seriously impressed with Geoff Brabham's record and I can see that he'd make a great interview!

Marcus thanks for the update on Brabhams In Waiting. It seems that if one chooses to write about that family then one will have plenty of material.

UPDATE: Gary Brabham is the webmaster of the Brabham website.