Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 4 Apr 2005, 10:20 (Ref:1269628)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Countries cars confirmed so far

Sixteen countries have been confirmed so far, with nine more to be announced.

CONFIRMED:

South Africa
China
Lebanon
Pakistan
Portugal
United Kingdom
Australia
Canada
Malaysia
Mexico
Brazil
Turkey
Korea
Holland
India
New Zealand

Who do we think the other nine will be?

There are rumours of a Willi Weber-arranged German team.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1269735)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I would have thought France, Italy and Spain would be amonst those yet to be announced?
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1269803)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Logically they probably will be!

Depends on who comes up with the best franchise proposals.

A1GP tell us they are "in negotiations" over the other nine countries.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1269806)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team Agrentina? Japan? Russia?
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1269808)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
And of course there are seven other franchises after that I believe, bringing the total number of cars (assuming they are all sold) to 30. Now that would be a poke in the eye for F1 however you look at it.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1269828)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

A1GP say there will be 25 cars on the grid - they've ordered 50 chassis from Lola - so a car and a spare for each country.

Just remembered too - the United States is likely to be one of the remaining nine.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1269839)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Yes, I had forgotten them!
Old 4 Apr 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1270001)   #8
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sweden will probably be there too?
Old 6 Apr 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1272112)   #9
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found it abit strange that there are so many countries that are considered non-racing involved already, and so many of the more traditional racing countries are not. I never really expected to see the countries of Lebanon, Pakistan, Turkey, and China involved in something like this.

I can't imagine them doing to well against the more established racing countries that will be there. Does anyone feel differently?

Danica Patrick
Old 7 Apr 2005, 05:55 (Ref:1272239)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

I think getting non traditional racing countries on board and allowing them to race the "big boys" on a level playing field is one of the keys to the appeal of the series and its future.

With nine countries still to announce and the series using a drip drip PR approach to remain in the headlines, I'd expect to see a few more of the "traditional" racing countries (eg USA, France, Italy) confirmed in the coming weeks.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1272291)   #11
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Is there a cutoff date for when they can be confirmed?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1272672)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Racer
. I never really expected to see the countries of Lebanon, Pakistan, Turkey, and China involved in something like this.
I can't imagine them doing to well against the more established racing countries that will be there. Does anyone feel differently?
But watching your countryman race for the sort of "world cup" will surely raise interest in motorsport in these countries and hopefully motorsport can grow in these traditionally non racing countries as well...
Old 10 Apr 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1275089)   #13
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suppose the United Arab Emirates would have a team. Or not?
Old 11 Apr 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1275155)   #14
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Racer
I found it abit strange that there are so many countries that are considered non-racing involved already, and so many of the more traditional racing countries are not. I never really expected to see the countries of Lebanon, Pakistan, Turkey, and China involved in something like this.

Agree with you for the first year, but see the gap closing fairly quickly.