Closed Thread

Old 10 Mar 2012, 20:40 (Ref:3038021)   #1
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
adam1312 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How to get into racing?

Im 15 years old, dont have a rich family. Im busy in the summer with cricket but want to start racing and could maybe fit both in. How do I start racing and what are the costs?
Old 10 Mar 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3038048)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
hi Adam, a bit more information about your location would probably be a good start - where are your nearest circuits?
Old 10 Mar 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3038049)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
The same way we told you to when your profile was adam1312
Old 10 Mar 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3038061)   #4
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hire karts and loads of sponsorship, its the only way.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3038085)   #5
RPD Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
RPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we really going to do this again, or is it short term memory loss?
Old 11 Mar 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3038193)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Hmm profile name has changed from adamLH back to Adam1312....ok I'm officially ignoring from now on....the guy obviously will never get not motorsport because he lacks the most Inportent skill.....to listen!

If you can't listen to a bunch of genuine people who have been giving you the same advice for around 18 months now, and evrytime come back and post another thread on how can I do this or how can I get sponsorship to race in a junior single seater category with zero racing experience, then how the hell do you think you would be able to listen to parents, engineers or mechanics or even your own team boss!

Do you want us to just tell you what you want to hear? Well in that case, yes it's easy as pie, people will throw millions of pounds at you and you will be Lewis hamiltons team mate next year! Happy?

I hate to be brutally honest kid, I've tried to be as soft as I can with reality, but seriously you need to wake up and smell the coffee, you are now 18 months older than you were before, other kids have 8 years more experience more than you, there is NO WAY you will get into f1, do what we suggested all that time ago, buckle down, work hard and pay for your racing like the rest of us

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 11 Mar 2012 at 08:30.
Old 11 Mar 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3038208)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1312 View Post
How do I start racing and what are the costs?
You start off by getting an MSA go racing pack and follow the instructions on there and then you throw pots and pots of money at it, in fact it'll be enough money to buy a decent house in your area.
Closed Thread