Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 28 Apr 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2871196)   #126
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I'd say at 14, a career in F1 is almost certainly out of the question. Very few drivers reach F1 without a proper grounding in karts, and those that do are very rich and / or well-connected (Sato, Doornbos, B. Senna...etc)
Old 28 Apr 2011, 14:40 (Ref:2871198)   #127
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
adam1312 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it's time for thy to change
Old 28 Apr 2011, 14:56 (Ref:2871205)   #128
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
What tracks are in the north east or near that will count for signifiers for licence
Old 28 Apr 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2871206)   #129
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1312 View Post
Well it's time for thy to change
and il garentee you that theres 99.9% chance that it wont change!!!!!

ok lets think about it......your 14 now.....imagine that you are supremely talented....

....by time you buy a kart and start testing it will be the middle of the year, your dad can only get 1 weekend a month off, warden law races dont count, so youd have to go to 3 sisters 100 miles away as your nearest track.

your first race will be march next year, you have to start the first 6 meetings from the back, finish all the races to get your national b licence, you then have to learn 3 different tracks and finish in the top 5 say at another 6 meetings to qualify for a national a licence. so that takes you to the end of 2012, and will cost approximately £5000

so the start of the 2013 season, your now 16, you subscribe to super 1, you will have to buy at least 2-3 engines, at a cost of about £2000 each, and 2 karts at about £3000 each, so thats about £10000 before youve even started. you then have to race at 10 rounds of super 1, that will cost another £10000 MINIMUM with fuel, tyres, hotel etc....andd thats if you do it on your own......you can double that fee if you are running in a team.

so how do you pay for the £30000 bill??? dad? who can only get 1 day off a month? sponsors? yeh sure you can get some sponsors, BUT NOONE WILL GIVE YOU 30K!!!!.....can absolutely 100 percent garentee that one!....mclaren wouldnt pick you up because you havent won anything at national or international level yet.

....so your now into 2013, your 16, have spent 10k on new karts, again if your supremely talented and win every single race it will cost you at least £30000 to get there.....

.....now 2014, your 17, you won every race the last year, you may start to get sponsors, but youve still got to race in karts..but now in europe...this will cost well over £50000 for the year...your now up against the best of the best from all over the world....who will already have 10 years of karting experience more than you....so now you may start to win races at international level......wahay, mclaren are interested in you....great stuff.......

.....THERES ONLY ONE PROBLEM......YOUVE JUST SPENT £100000 OF YOUR DADS MONEY AND YOU ARENT EVEN OUT OF KARTING YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so as i said at the start...you either have to have a surname like senna or piquet and are extremely rich, or have friends who are millionaires, or parents who are damn sure that their kid can get into f1 and are prepared to remortgage their house to get them there.

AND ALL OF THIS BECAUSE SOME NUTJOB TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE HALF DECENT IN A 30MPH HIRE KART AND SOME LITTLE SPARK IN YOUR BRAIN CHANGED THAT TO IM THE NEXT LEWIS HAMILTON!!!!!

having said that if you are as bonkers and hell bent on getting into f1 then maybe its genetic and your parents are the same!!

oh i forgot, 2015 - formula ford £100,000, 2016 - Formula Renault £150000, 2017 - Formula 3 £250000, 2018 - GP2 £700000....so to get to f1, you need about 1.2 million!

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 28 Apr 2011 at 15:03.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2871209)   #130
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What tracks are in the north east or near that will count for signifiers for licence
You'd probably be looking at Three Sisters in Wigan, or Rowrah in Cumbria.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:08 (Ref:2871214)   #131
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
Or I get a kart test for a bit get arks test then race at 3 different tracks 11 races in total Takes me to next season (or the winter series) join super 1 kf3 and if I'm talented at that level I would get some sponsors.
Or
if I'm lucky get a kart testing arks test 11 races at lots of tracks to get them done quick then join super 1 at near the end of the season
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:15 (Ref:2871223)   #132
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Do you have the budget for your first kart?
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:20 (Ref:2871227)   #133
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Or I get a kart test for a bit get arks test then race at 3 different tracks 11 races in total Takes me to next season (or the winter series) join super 1 kf3 and if I'm talented at that level I would get some sponsors.
Or
if I'm lucky get a kart testing arks test 11 races at lots of tracks to get them done quick then join super 1 at near the end of the season
NOT A FRICKIN' CHANCE!!!!!!!.......you will never EVER get sponsors until youve won at national level, unless you know someone, and even then your talking of hundreds of quid or a 1000 here or there if YOUR LUCKY!...

dude you are living in dream land.....tell you what, come down to 3 sisters, with your brand new kart that youve just wasted £10000 on, il let you go out and do 20 laps, then il go out, with a patch over 1 eye, and 1 hand tied behind my back and il GARENTEE i will beat you!!!....or failing that il get an 8year old cadet driver to drive the kart instead and i bet he will beat you too!

do me a favour, go get a 2x4 piece of wood, smack yaself across the head, and it may knock some sense in to you!

ive tried to be reasonable on here so far and give you some great advice, everyone on here has been racing in karts for years, weve probably got a combined karting experience of more than 50 years, and your taking the advice of 1 nutjobb who said you were ok in a 30mph hire kart.....

.....you know what, i hope you do go out there, buy a new kart, get out on track and put it in the wall...it will show you how hard it is, on the other hand i hope you never get on track with another kid, because with the attitude you have it would be bloody dangerous!
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2871233)   #134
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
Thanks for that because actually it has made me even more determined to race at national karting level because I'm gunna prove you wrong
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2871235)   #135
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for that because actually it has made me even more determined to race at national karting level because I'm gunna prove you wrong
dear god, you really are a nutjob.....someone send the ambulance with the round windows and square wheels....
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:36 (Ref:2871241)   #136
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Tbh, i think you deserve a standing ovation for lasting 9 pages ascarracinguk.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:41 (Ref:2871244)   #137
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Peat - to be honest its keeping me entertained when i should be doing revision LOL!!!

seriosuly tho adam, WHY do you think the advice of 1 nutjob saying your half decent in a hire kart doing 30mph, is better advice than a bunch of guys that have been racing for decades???
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:44 (Ref:2871246)   #138
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
1 Because hes seen me drive
2 im going to get as far in motorsport as I can and i want to because I love the sport and want to get into national karting then single seaters
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:49 (Ref:2871248)   #139
JAC
Rookie

JAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Adam, since as you're in the North East, this place can't be too far away from you:

Teesside Autodrome
South Tees Motor Sports Park,
South Bank Road,
Middlesbrough,
Teesside
TS6 6XH
Tel: 01642 231117 ‎

Go there on either saturday or sunday this weekend and talk to Andy Cox. He'll sort you out with a easykart which is a much better series to race in than Super 1. If you win the Junior Series then you get put onto the Birel Driver Programme who may fund you for a seasons racing in European KF3 (if you're good enough).

Last edited by JAC; 28 Apr 2011 at 15:50. Reason: address wrong
Old 28 Apr 2011, 17:00 (Ref:2871294)   #140
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
1 Because hes seen me drive
2 im going to get as far in motorsport as I can and i want to because I love the sport and want to get into national karting then single seaters
who is he exactly? a talent scout? team owner? racer himself...i assume hes raced at national level or in some single seater series to make the assumption your the next lewis hamilton??....no?....more likely hes the circuit owner or someone who works there who either wanted to make you feel good about your driving OR wants you to come back and spend some more money!
Old 28 Apr 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2871368)   #141
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
adam, you also need to consider your approach to people who are helping you.

Take this thread. At first people wanted to help you. You've had suggestions of places to go, series to consider and people to talk to. Wow, a gold mine.
However instead of listening to them, engaging them and developing the conversation you just ignored the help and kept posting inane questions. Sometimes the same questions again and again. Look how that developed. Now people are finding you annoying and, unfortunately, some laughing at you.

Now to achieve things in this sport you have to engage a team owner to persuade him to give you ago (even with money). Then, if successful, you will have to engage sponsors and more and more people to help and advise you. You will have to change you approach or the same thing will happen again.

You will need a more professional approach. Spend some time thinking about your posts, just as you will need to spend some time considering what you will say to those who can help you. A well presented post, even a spell check, will help people's perception of you. I'm no karting star, but, trust me, this will help you in any walk of life.

A lot of people, including me here, have written a lot of advise. Spent time and effort to try and help you. I suspect they are feeling a little unappreciated.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2871379)   #142
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
A lot of people, including me here, have written a lot of advise. Spent time and effort to try and help you. I suspect they are feeling a little unappreciated.
i would say i feel unappreciated!....just feel like im trying to talk to a brick wall.....or more precicely a hormonal teanager that is hell bent on being lewis hamilton and wont listen to any advice given to him and his heading for a MASSIVE fall.....unnapreciated? NO....exasperated by his lack of understanding about the sport, and complete underestimation of what is needed, and to be honest his insulting lack of appreciation of other kids talent, thinking that he is way better than them even when they have put years of blood sweat and tears into the sport before the crackpot idea even came into his little brain YES.....
Old 28 Apr 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2871439)   #143
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC View Post
Hey Adam, since as you're in the North East, this place can't be too far away from you:

Teesside Autodrome
South Tees Motor Sports Park,
South Bank Road,
Middlesbrough,
Teesside
TS6 6XH
Tel: 01642 231117 ‎

Go there on either saturday or sunday this weekend and talk to Andy Cox. He'll sort you out with a easykart which is a much better series to race in than Super 1. If you win the Junior Series then you get put onto the Birel Driver Programme who may fund you for a seasons racing in European KF3 (if you're good enough).
Hes told old for Birel Driver Programme, Toby Sowey who won last year runs in my awning and he was 14 when he won the series last year but got overlooked because of his age.

THIS KID WILL NEVER EVER GET IN A KART!

If he does however come down to Teeside this weekend, feel free to come find me.

Snr Lightweight #5.

Last season i finished 4th in the world finals in Italy and 5th in the British champs, prior to that i have finished 3rd in Super 1 Championships twice and 5th twice. I run my own awning now AND ive had two different team drives in Karting.

So please come down i have the experience to shoot you down and get these dreams out of your head
Old 28 Apr 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2871445)   #144
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karting - on a serous note can you quote some prices/rough figures for various championships so are fellow is fully appraised? Thanks
Old 28 Apr 2011, 22:16 (Ref:2871554)   #145
JAC
Rookie

JAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
Hes told old for Birel Driver Programme, Toby Sowey who won last year runs in my awning and he was 14 when he won the series last year but got overlooked because of his age.

THIS KID WILL NEVER EVER GET IN A KART!

If he does however come down to Teeside this weekend, feel free to come find me.

Snr Lightweight #5.

Last season i finished 4th in the world finals in Italy and 5th in the British champs, prior to that i have finished 3rd in Super 1 Championships twice and 5th twice. I run my own awning now AND ive had two different team drives in Karting.

So please come down i have the experience to shoot you down and get these dreams out of your head

LOL It's OK Sam, I know he's too old. I was trying to wind him up!

But on a similiar note Re: Adam1312. I've been racing karts for 11 years as a weekend hobby and, Like Sam, I've also had some good results over the years (Formula Blue British Champion 2008, Northern Karting Champion 08/09 and Easykart E Plate 2010 being my highlights) and I haven't had even the slightest bit of interest from major sponsorship dealers etc. OK it isn't quite Super 1/FKS level success but it's still alot better than what most others manage.

Re: Costs, I won't go into the budgets of competing in S1 but the NKRA Formula Blue Series can be won on a yearly budget inc 2nd hand kart of £4k (thats what we did in 2008) and spent ~£6k inc new kart doing the UK Easykart series last year (finishing 8th, winning E Plate and qualifying for world finals in the process).
Old 6 Jun 2011, 16:20 (Ref:2892269)   #146
Frosty11
Rookie

Frosty11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how much would it be for a full season in karting at lancashire karting club (near manchester)?
Old 6 Jun 2011, 19:49 (Ref:2892410)   #147
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
ascarracinguk will be along in a minute and he will have a better idea than i, but:

If you are starting out, you will have to factor in a startup cost which will be kart, parts, tools, safety gear, transport, licence etc.

Then add entry fees, tyres, damage every month.

I would say that you'd be looking around the £5000 mark. Anybody care to correct me?
Old 6 Jun 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2892476)   #148
ascarracinguk
Veteran

well it depends on what class you want to race in.....say you are going to race at 3 sisters and/or hooton then tkm is the way to go.....to get racewear, tools, a trailer, and a kart you are looking at around 2-2.5k, then to race at a 10 round championship you are looking at 2.5-3k including entry fees, engine rebuilds, tyres, a reasonable amount of damage, wear n tear parts etc

so yeh 5k in your first season including the purchase of your kart
Old 19 Aug 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2943059)   #149
mawds21
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
mawds21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
apologies if this has already been done but has anyone yet mentioned club100? i entered the endurance series this year which consists of 40min practice, 10min qual, 2hr15min race for the grand total of £450. 11 rounds in the season and full grids of 32 teams at every event (most teams have 2-3 drivers). you can also enter the sprint (15 lap) races on the sundays too (not sure about costs).

its got to be the cheapest way to learn the tracks and gain racecraft possible, and if you want to then go off and do something seriously competitive you can then go off and do that once you've confirmed that your ability matches your ego
Old 20 Aug 2011, 03:14 (Ref:2943211)   #150
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah we have mentioned it here http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=111599&page=5 but if Club100 peeps want their own chat I will edit that other chat you posted in and make it a sticky. It's av good series as you say.