Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Feb 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3799643)   #201
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope the series hits 20+ entries in GT3, but other than that, you really cant argue lack of quality this year...

Parente, Keilwitz, Christensen, Vilander, with Daziel, Soucek and Soulet joining for X
Old 8 Feb 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3799667)   #202
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep up to date with all the latest news here:

http://world-challenge.com/latest/
Old 8 Feb 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3799686)   #203
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCR growing in PWC as well http://nasportscar.com/bryan-herta-a...-tcr-campaign/
Old 10 Feb 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3800350)   #204
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Jorge De La Torre will be back: https://www.instagram.com/j.delatorre04/
Also appears that Yuki Harata and Alessandro Bressan will be moving up to the GT3 Lamborghini: https://www.instagram.com/p/Be2KtYil...en-by=ale_brex
Old 14 Feb 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3801371)   #205
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be some more GTS entry info released in the near future. That grid is going to be HUGE
Old 14 Feb 2018, 22:29 (Ref:3801387)   #206
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Vilander in a Ferrari? How'd I miss this? Probably the only upside to Risi not doing a full season in GTLM whereby freeing up Vilander to do this. This ought to be good.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 22:54 (Ref:3801700)   #207
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most articles about the Intercontinental GT Challenge refer to Mclaren as a full season Manufacturer...

This might be a little bit of a stretch, but i wonder if that means they have a programme together for PWC after all

http://sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/reg...california-8h/
Old 16 Feb 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3801821)   #208
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Most articles about the Intercontinental GT Challenge refer to Mclaren as a full season Manufacturer...

This might be a little bit of a stretch, but i wonder if that means they have a programme together for PWC after all

http://sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/reg...california-8h/
I have not heard any McLaren PWC info other than the stuff posted here. That doesn't mean a team won't have McLaren this season, but I have not heard of anything going on officially
Old 16 Feb 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3801842)   #209
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
I have not heard any McLaren PWC info other than the stuff posted here. That doesn't mean a team won't have McLaren this season, but I have not heard of anything going on officially
Fair enough, just a hypothetical thought really
Old 22 Feb 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3803236)   #210
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crowdstrike has come on board as a series sponsor for 2018:
http://world-challenge.com/latest/se...championships/

Also, Parker Chase has revealed the #19 Truspeed livery:

http://world-challenge.com/latest/te...-partners-pwc/
Old 22 Feb 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3803237)   #211
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
The #45 Flying Lizard Audi is in livery:
Old 27 Feb 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3804368)   #212
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is a great lineup, and I thought their car last year was gorgeous, hope they don't change the livery too much.
They're testing this week at MSR Houston alongside PFaff and Truspeed;
looks like it's still white/black/green/gold. Appears to have a #24 on the side.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BftZl3zl9Q5/
Old 27 Feb 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3804375)   #213
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
They're testing this week at MSR Houston alongside PFaff and Truspeed;
looks like it's still white/black/green/gold. Appears to have a #24 on the side.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BftZl3zl9Q5/
That's still the IMSA windscreen stripe even.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk
Old 1 Mar 2018, 01:28 (Ref:3804785)   #214
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Flying Lizard posted a render of the #23 car's livery:
https://twitter.com/FlyingLizard_MS/...75432338034688

KPAX Bentley liveries:
https://twitter.com/DLaw544/status/968575714483163136
https://twitter.com/DLaw544/status/968579292769734656
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfwny9LF...=digo_baptista

Three cars for GMG in GTS: 2 Audis full season, 1 McLaren Sprint-X.
http://world-challenge.com/latest/te...s-competition/

Also looks like Muellerized has wrapped their XBow:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfv_FR3A...by=nicolai0912
Old 1 Mar 2018, 01:34 (Ref:3804787)   #215
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Callaway livery reveal is tomorrow:
Quote:
Callaway Competition‏ @CallawayCompUSA Feb 26
Callaway is Coming: Stay tuned to our social media pages because Thursday, March 1st, you'll get your first look at our livery for the Corvette C7 GT3-R, competing in the 2018 @WCRacing championship!
Old 1 Mar 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3804957)   #216
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Callaway livery reveal is tomorrow:
Yeah.. About that program
Old 1 Mar 2018, 18:49 (Ref:3804985)   #217
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oops, although I can't blame them for defending in the series that's made the car famous, announcing 2 cars without having time to build 2 seems a bit amateur.

Hopefully I'll get out to Barber to catch them finally, been years since WC cars were last at Road Atlanta and I saw them.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3805001)   #218
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Oops, although I can't blame them for defending in the series that's made the car famous, announcing 2 cars without having time to build 2 seems a bit amateur.

Hopefully I'll get out to Barber to catch them finally, been years since WC cars were last at Road Atlanta and I saw them.
They aren't racing at Barber, so maybe VIR is your best bet?
Old 1 Mar 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3805005)   #219
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They aren't racing at Barber, so maybe VIR is your best bet?
For some reason I thought I saw them on the Barber schedule for the Indy weekend. But maybe they just copy-and-paste the schedule each year. Guess that ends my consideration of making the trip south. VIR is out for me, not worth the trip from here.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 22:58 (Ref:3805053)   #220
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yeah.. About that program
Yeah poor Cooper. A big fan of Callaway but one has to wonder when they knew for sure that a second car wouldnt be ready and when they told that to MC. I can understand them wanting to defend their GT Masters title but they really should've left Kielwitz in Germany for that program. Cooper should've been the main pilot for PWC with him knowing all the circuits as opposed to Keilwitz who pretty much has none of that knowledge even if he is a damn good driver.

Yes they're a small company and all but this isnt a good look for them in my eyes
Old 2 Mar 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3805303)   #221
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Yeah poor Cooper. A big fan of Callaway but one has to wonder when they knew for sure that a second car wouldnt be ready and when they told that to MC. I can understand them wanting to defend their GT Masters title but they really should've left Kielwitz in Germany for that program. Cooper should've been the main pilot for PWC with him knowing all the circuits as opposed to Keilwitz who pretty much has none of that knowledge even if he is a damn good driver.

Yes they're a small company and all but this isnt a good look for them in my eyes
Seeing the livery of the Callaway car, I think it is more a budget question. Just a big Callaway sticker, no other major backers are secured at all.

I agree, if they couldn't bring a second car, whatever the reason is, they better could put Cooper behind the wheel as he is more known in the USA than Keilwitz plus he knows the tracks well. About Keilwitz capabilities, I think he is a good driver, but i think he is not a Vilander or something (yet).

Strange that Valvoline not want to back their usa campain, or their 2016 backer Whelen. The can build fast championship winning cars, but marketing seems a bit of a weak point for them.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 01:01 (Ref:3805332)   #222
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
Seeing the livery of the Callaway car, I think it is more a budget question. Just a big Callaway sticker, no other major backers are secured at all.

I agree, if they couldn't bring a second car, whatever the reason is, they better could put Cooper behind the wheel as he is more known in the USA than Keilwitz plus he knows the tracks well. About Keilwitz capabilities, I think he is a good driver, but i think he is not a Vilander or something (yet).

Strange that Valvoline not want to back their usa campain, or their 2016 backer Whelen. The can build fast championship winning cars, but marketing seems a bit of a weak point for them.
Maybe the Valvoline money is from their German branch so we only see their support in GT Masters and nowhere else. I understand they're a small team but to only realise that they wont have a car for Cooper so close to the season opener is pretty disorganised. Its not a good look.

Anyone know what Realtime are up to this year?
Old 3 Mar 2018, 03:05 (Ref:3805370)   #223
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
GT3 entry is down for sure. I think in North America specifically, GT3 numbers in both PWC and IMSA are getting hurt by the popularity of GT4. PWC GTS and CTSCC are strong at the moment as an inverse.

It seems in europe GT3 is hanging in there pretty darn good still with Blancpain and ADAC doing very strong. Even IGT Open is still going to grid above 20 cars in 2018 despite losing McLaren and Lexus.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3805481)   #224
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sportscar365 has a nice article written by Dr. Preston Calvert detailing the SRO homologation process.

http://sportscar365.com/features/com...t-paul-ricard/
Old 3 Mar 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3805504)   #225
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
GT3 entry is down for sure. I think in North America specifically, GT3 numbers in both PWC and IMSA are getting hurt by the popularity of GT4. PWC GTS and CTSCC are strong at the moment as an inverse.

It seems in europe GT3 is hanging in there pretty darn good still with Blancpain and ADAC doing very strong. Even IGT Open is still going to grid above 20 cars in 2018 despite losing McLaren and Lexus.
Budgets are too high here. If PWC wants strong GT3 fields again, they need to reduce the schedule, get back on more Indycar weekends, seriously look at combining GT with GTS and decide to either be Sprint or SprintX, not both