Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the final Grand Prix of 2017?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 4 7.84%
6 4 7.84%
5 8 15.69%
4 7 13.73%
3 11 21.57%
2 6 11.76%
1 11 21.57%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Nov 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3783177)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2017

What score do you give the final Grand Prix of 2017?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3783191)   #2
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice flypast at the start, fell asleep after that
Old 26 Nov 2017, 14:54 (Ref:3783192)   #3
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a three, it was an absolute snooze fest!
Old 26 Nov 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3783193)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1, for the firework display post race.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3783195)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6. Nice to watch, but not all that much other than the Grosjean/Stroll fun near the start.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3783213)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I never usually bother to vote, but that was so dull I’ve broken the habit.....

A generous 3. The donuts and fireworks helped.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3783215)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1 .... I got shouted at for snoring
Old 26 Nov 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3783220)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well that was the most boring race of the year, Not sure why with all the burning out of tyres and engines at the end no one thought of pushing harder during the race, might have actually been doing what the cars were built for. gave race a 2 as fireworks were good
Old 26 Nov 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3783224)   #9
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been more captivated watching paint dry. It's an awful track.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3783230)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
You're a miserable bunch........

As usual discounting all the "clever" comments about sleeping through it because (if true) you've no idea what the race was like.

Sure it wasn't a wheel banging battle at the front, although if you were monitoring the live timing there was a constant battle going on as the two leaders swapped fastest sectors and laps, and some distance away Verstappen was keeping Kimi honest, although neither Ferrari nor Red Bull seemed to be able to compete with the Mercs - except near the end of the race when Vettel mysteriously started matching the leaders' pace.

Further down the field some good scraps (Massa / Alonso, Stroll / Grosjean and even at the back of the field) livened things up.

A bit of an end-of-term feel about it, but nothing to warrant the miserable reactions so far, guys, IMHO. Maybe you want to go back to cars crashing in flames to liven things up?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3783231)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3783244)   #12
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 as i couldn't select 0.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 18:53 (Ref:3783247)   #13
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Lancsbreaker;3783230]You're a miserable bunch........

As usual discounting all the "clever" comments about sleeping through it because (if true) you've no idea what the race was like.

Sadly, I was unable to sleep through it due to an over-amorous cat. He thought it was rubbish, too.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 19:09 (Ref:3783249)   #14
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
1 .... I got shouted at for snoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

I missed 5 laps in which I'm told the most exciting thing that happened was... erm well, there was nothing exciting during that time.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3783257)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
I've been more captivated watching paint dry. It's an awful track.
Well the drivers agree. In the cool-down room, they were vocal about the track having to change so that they can actually race on it.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3783262)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
dull track, not worthy of the season finale. If the battle for 13th is the hilight, then that speaks volumes. 3 from me.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:44 (Ref:3783267)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gave it a 1 and that's being generous, fireworks doesn't really excite me as I'm not a child anymore.

There was apparently a race happening as well, but to be honest, I've coughed up racier stuff than that.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3783271)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6 for the race.
10 for the breakfast I made
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3783286)   #19
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRenes View Post
1 as i couldn't select 0.
+1
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3783292)   #20
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Well the drivers agree. In the cool-down room, they were vocal about the track having to change so that they can actually race on it.
It really is a poor track. It's flaws are well documented. There's scope to change it e.g. bypass that chicane before the hairpin that makes no sense whatsoever as it turns an obvious overtaking spot into simply a hairpin.

There's never been anything approaching a good race on this hen run.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3783293)   #21
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Sure it wasn't a wheel banging battle at the front, although if you were monitoring the live timing there was a constant battle going on as the two leaders swapped fastest sectors and laps, and some distance away Verstappen was keeping Kimi honest, although neither Ferrari nor Red Bull seemed to be able to compete with the Mercs - except near the end of the race when Vettel mysteriously started matching the leaders' pace.

Further down the field some good scraps (Massa / Alonso, Stroll / Grosjean and even at the back of the field) livened things up.

A bit of an end-of-term feel about it, but nothing to warrant the miserable reactions so far, guys, IMHO. Maybe you want to go back to cars crashing in flames to liven things up?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:58 (Ref:3783300)   #22
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 and only by Mercs dominance and quite Hulkenberg performance.
Aside that was quite... ehm...
Old 27 Nov 2017, 00:59 (Ref:3783326)   #23
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As I was watching it on the box in the UK and not in Spain I was more interested in keeping my wood burning stove loaded up, nice and warm 28c. Oh the race ! I did see a few laps but it was a bit like "Groundhog Day"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Nov 2017, 02:58 (Ref:3783341)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Abu Dhabi is a very pretty looking gin palace that does not produce good racing for current F1 cars... I gave it a 3..
Old 27 Nov 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3783400)   #25
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Agree with both of you. I thought there was a lot of interesting stuff going on and more so than in some of the other races this season, but then I stayed awake, paid attention and actually enjoyed it. I gave it 7, which is high for me.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!