Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 May 2003, 22:43 (Ref:614180)   #1
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BRDC Rising Stars 2003

I couldn't be arsed doing a search for it and the BRDC site is useless. So could anyone give me a list of the BRDC Rising Star drivers for 2003 please?
Old 30 May 2003, 00:13 (Ref:614225)   #2
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom Kimber-Smith is one, and Rob Huff (I think).
Old 30 May 2003, 00:47 (Ref:614234)   #3
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Lloyd
Lewis Hamilton
Rob Bell
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 30 May 2003, 01:06 (Ref:614239)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no, i can't be arsed to find it either. shall we have a little game? guess the rising stars (also known as those who said exactly the right thing in the interview...).

curiosity's killed the cat. i'm off to find them. be right back...
Old 30 May 2003, 01:20 (Ref:614251)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
given up. searched far and wide and i can't find it.

danny watts and ben clucas?
Old 30 May 2003, 02:04 (Ref:614271)   #6
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Yep ...

So...

Alex Lloyd
Lewis Hamilton
Robert Bell
Danny Watts
Ben Clucas

Don't you just love the BRDC's wonderful web site? ... useful and helpful eh? Email tricia.major@brdc.co.uk to make any comments, good or bad, about their web site, and maybe they'll spend a few bob and get a professional site. I can't believe an organistaion such as the BRDC can let itself down so badly in the public eye ... SIr Jackie Stweart, Martin (my hero) Brundle, all the great names, and that is possibly the worst web site I have seen ... sorry to have to say so, but if no-one says anything, then maybe they think it's perfect?
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 30 May 2003, 15:03 (Ref:614827)   #7
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Colin Turkington, Tom Boardman, Gordon Shedden and Gavin Pyper are 4 more from the tintop world, as is Simon Pullan. Add them to the single seater guys and that's a lot of Rising Stars. They did have them on the website last year. But it seems to have gone downhill since then.
Old 30 May 2003, 15:09 (Ref:614835)   #8
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
I think the BRDC state that there will be no more than 40 Rising Stars at any one time, from the many thousands of competition licence holders in the age group 16 - 24. The Rising Stars are the ones that the BRDC scouts consider could be future champions.

Then they have the Young Driver Initiative category as well, which I understand is a group of drivers whom the BRDC have chosen to assist financially.

Then there is the Young Driver of the Year award as well.
Old 30 May 2003, 15:30 (Ref:614857)   #9
ukracing
Racer

ukracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joshua Fisher is another, I had heard that MSO.net are doing BRDC's site and as usal they wanted to much money to do the extra rising stars etc parts, so they took it off because the BRDC didnt pay.
Old 30 May 2003, 16:48 (Ref:614974)   #10
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
That's a great shame, because the BRDC should have a quality site to reflect the organisation, and currently the site is pretty shambolic. A web site doesn't cost that much (says me, who hasn't got Alex's up and running for the last 4 years!! It'll be done in 2 weeks time...) and is definitely worth the expense for them.
Old 30 May 2003, 17:21 (Ref:615011)   #11
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a feeling Mike Conway was added to the ranks late last year, not sure if that automatically makes him one in 2003...? I'm sure Mr Jinxx can elaborate on the ins and outs of the scheme.
Old 30 May 2003, 23:25 (Ref:615367)   #12
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
I don't know too much about it, sorry. The BRDC did have a list, but that seems to have gone now. But I don't think Mike Conway is, or ever was, on it. Ben Hanley, a karter, was another one, I think. I assume Jamie Green was there too. Will Davison was mentioned, even though he's an Aussie, but I'm not sure anything came of it?
Old 31 May 2003, 14:15 (Ref:615831)   #13
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
given up. searched far and wide and i can't find it.

danny watts and ben clucas?
i kno ben has got the badge for the BRDC rising star (or whatever its called) on his car, he was awarded it end of last yr wasn't he?
Old 31 May 2003, 14:19 (Ref:615836)   #14
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jinxx do you know how james rossiters old man is involved with motorsport. i was reading a suspension book and in the thanks bit its someone rossiter.. coincidance
Old 31 May 2003, 15:36 (Ref:615916)   #15
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
The 2 BRDC badges look the same - the BRDC Rising Stars and the BRDC Young Driver Initiative. It would be nice if the BRDC could do up their web site so we could check these things!

Is Tom Sisley a Rising Star? I haven't noticed a sticker (mandatory, if he is one) on his car, but the colour scheme of Eurotek's cars is a little busy.

I don't know who James' dad is, nor what he did, but I too had heard that James is the son of a racing dad.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 09:30 (Ref:616521)   #16
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Davison was awarded the BRDC Rising Star award at the end of his Formula Renault season, even though he is an Aussie. I think it has only been awarded to about nine other people outside the uk one being Mark Webber and the other Sir Jack Brabham
Old 1 Jun 2003, 21:12 (Ref:617154)   #17
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
strikes that anyone with a drive below 25 is a 'rising star.' Half of the would be more suited to a 'sinking fast.'
Old 1 Jun 2003, 21:29 (Ref:617178)   #18
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
James Rossiter's father used to own the SPAX shockabsorber business based in Bicester,Oxon.He was,and still is, a very close friend of Adrian Reynard.Both of them used to race single-seaters and sports cars in the 70s/early 80s.They were both bloody good pedallers too !
Old 2 Jun 2003, 00:43 (Ref:617312)   #19
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Linked with Rick Gorne then?

Don't understand JR Ewing's comments, I'm afraid.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 08:03 (Ref:617462)   #20
Freddie
Racer

Freddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ben Clucas and Mike Conway are already BRDC Rising Stars, they were nominated last year. No money comes with this accolade, it is just supposed to be an advice centre for your career and and to show the BRDC as a cuddly, friendly organisation.

There are 5 nominated every year I believe but Simon Pullan will not be one of them as he has no money for racing this year as Texaco have pulled their sponsorship. I think the BRDC will want to support drivers who have enough financial backing to make it.

Rossiters father was a good pedaller in his time, this is true, but had too many accidents, or so he says. He is a BRDC member and James has BRDC backing this year to the tune of £30k I believe.

Tom Sisley is not a Rising Star and will be too old to be nominated if he doesn't get it this year. I believe Tom will do F3 next year but again, he is struggling a little with budget and the BRDC want to be supporting drivers who will go as far as possible.

Five drivers per year from across the many classes is not that many. it is useful to have but BRDC Young Driver of the Year is the one to have.

E&OE, IMHO ETC.!
Old 2 Jun 2003, 08:07 (Ref:617467)   #21
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking this Rising Star thing seems to be given to pretty much anybody which dilutes the standing of such an award - standing that it should have. I can't how you can have more than three or four at any time...