Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2994690)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC

Season opener for the HSCC.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 06:57 (Ref:3012686)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anyone have details of this meeting? I need to book flights and I'd like to enter this if possible. Can't get anything from the HSCC website.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 07:01 (Ref:3012688)   #3
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phone the HSCC Office. I think entry forms are out shortly
Old 17 Jan 2012, 07:49 (Ref:3012697)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm,

Trunk calls from the middle east are somewhat expensive!
Old 17 Jan 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3012708)   #5
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm,

Trunk calls from the middle east are somewhat expensive!
Perhaps Al will lend you a tenner.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 08:13 (Ref:3012711)   #6
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If necessary, a one minute call should get you an email address.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3012714)   #7
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I note that their site mentions that entry forms should be available approx 8-weeks prior to the event - so they should be any day.

You may already have their e-mail address Peter but if not it's office@hscc.org.uk

I was looking forward to spectating at this meeting but have booked a late-ish holiday in sunnier climes - slightly bad timing!
Old 17 Jan 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3012734)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Perhaps Al will lend you a tenner.
Touche. The point was that websites should really obviate the need for telcons.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3012736)   #9
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Chris Sharples should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter,
The team are just back after a very busy Autosport Show. As Gary says forms are due to be posted this week and be up on the website on the same day, but please be sympathetic if this slips in to the following week.
Chris
Old 17 Jan 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3012748)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol, due to traveling I need to sort things pdq, nonetheless I'll send my membership fee this week.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3014706)   #11
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have the same problems as You, Peter, flying in and needing to book early.

I call the HSCC office when I have a question regarding the scheduling and the staff are always as helpfull as possible with this.

The only problem is that much of the time table is in Grahames head until the final regulations close for print to get sent out.

My pet joke is that the time table remains provisional until after the event.
At least the printed version in final regs and programme are prov.

Rudolf
Old 27 Jan 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3017679)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I understand the entry forms are on thewebsite now. Will enter, subject to there being a suitable race, when I return to the UK next week.
Old 28 Jan 2012, 21:50 (Ref:3018323)   #13
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I understand the entry forms are on thewebsite now. Will enter, subject to there being a suitable race, when I return to the UK next week.
yes, the entry forms have been mailed out AND are on the website.

aaaaaaaaand : the a 500 F3 race ! will dust off the Whitfill

who is entering what ?
me
Lotus 22 in FJ rears
Ralt RT1 in CF3, lets see how the RT3 stack up, might do the DBT as well in it
Whitfill in 500 F3
Mitter will not be quite ready but coming along nicely

Rudolf
Old 6 Feb 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3022198)   #14
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Rudolf
I am also entering the 500cc race with the Dastle.
Have you fitted the new engine to the Whitfill that you brought off my dad?
See you there
Stuart Wright

Last edited by SJWBallistic; 6 Feb 2012 at 15:30. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3022403)   #15
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
Hi Rudolf
I am also entering the 500cc race with the Dastle.
Have you fitted the new engine to the Whitfill that you brought off my dad?
See you there
Stuart Wright
Hi Stuart
No, fitting "Your" engine will be a 2012 winter project.
The Whitfill is still powered by the original somewhat sneezy cast iron Triumph lump.
I hope that I dont have have to push it up the hill to McLeans.
A chance to see the circuit from a different perspective.
Last race I did at Donington was in a March Cosworth DFV.

Rudolf
Old 7 Feb 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3022595)   #16
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Have entered out F5000 Trojan T102 in the Derek Bell race.

Rudolf, last time I raced a 500cc at Donington it was our Cooper Mk3 with BSA Gold Star engine. Also in that race was (Colin Crabbe driving???) a Chevrolet engined March 701!!!!
Old 15 Feb 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3026050)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Flights booked. Looking forward to this, as it's the first HSCC event I've entered.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3026194)   #18
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you doing the Guards race in the MGB?

I'll come and say hello.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3026195)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup and please do. Would be great to say hello after all these years. Got the confirmation of the entry receipt today.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3035929)   #20
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Less than 2 weeks from now....

I am getting really hungry....

Rudolf
Old 8 Mar 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3037085)   #21
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am told that it is only 108 db for Saturday, partly because of local complains from newcomers to the area. Why oh why do people buy houses next to race tracks, airports, football grounds and my bedroom and then complain about the noise?
Old 8 Mar 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3037090)   #22
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I am told that it is only 108 db for Saturday, partly because of local complains from newcomers to the area. Why oh why do people buy houses next to race tracks, airports, football grounds and my bedroom and then complain about the noise?

The noise restrictions on Saturday are due to a planning application from Doningtion that is meant to get them more noisy (fully unrestricted) racedays which are very rare at DP.

But to gain that they had to offer something.
Noise limit at trackdays is much much more policed now without it beeing actually changed.
Same for "medium noise" racedays.

This was the explanation offered at the last trackday that I did at DP last week
At that trackday they ran a "no warning, your are out on the first offence policy"
absurdly with no noise check beforehand

there are online noise meters at the track that are wired up directly to the goverment environmental authorites.

Rudolf
Old 8 Mar 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3037092)   #23
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
....and my bedroom and then complain about the noise?
You need to get one of these then
Old 8 Mar 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3037095)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Does the crumpet come with the ring Alan.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3037153)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
You need to get one of these then
Ah yes, the louder you snore, the tighter it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Does the crumpet come with the ring Alan.
Isn't that the norm?