Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Jan 2006, 03:36 (Ref:1502059)   #101
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But NASCAR is the greatest show in motor racing, & a prime time sport. Surely a good example for WTCC .
Old 16 Jan 2006, 03:56 (Ref:1502064)   #102
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Lada seems to be a facelift of the old one, yet it's still very out of date? What happen to the good old-fashioned penny pinching cut-and-shut new body shape, perfected by Holden in Australia? & on the midlife facelift you only have to redesign the top half of the dash only Talk about tacky that Holden.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 06:49 (Ref:1502107)   #103
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
But NASCAR is the greatest show in motor racing, & a prime time sport. Surely a good example for WTCC .
From the point of good marketing and allying with recognizable sponsors, I totally agree that Nascar is THE LEADER and should right a textbook for every other race series to read. They're soo good at it, it's amazing!

For the conspiracy theorists about Nascar taking over all other motorsports, I believe in that theory!!

And even though I'm a DTM fan, I'm not too crazy about them being a silhouette racing series.

OH yeah, I also hate how they concentrate on going in circles except 3 times a year when they go roadcourse.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 14:02 (Ref:1502371)   #104
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
Surely a good example for WTCC .
If you are into daytime soaps, yes. If you are into motor racing, no. - Back to the original topic?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 07:27 (Ref:1502883)   #105
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anymore news on these Lada's?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1503373)   #106
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Anymore news on these Lada's?
Sportautomoto says that Lada will be in WTCC this year, in spite of change in ownership. Currently the car is being developed in Togliattgrad wind tunnel.

Link with photo: http://www.sportautomoto.it/News.asp?Type=1&id=901
Old 17 Jan 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1503388)   #107
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
Sportautomoto says that Lada will be in WTCC this year, in spite of change in ownership. Currently the car is being developed in Togliattgrad wind tunnel.

Link with photo: http://www.sportautomoto.it/News.asp?Type=1&id=901
They have changed the front spoiler compared to the car they showed a few months ago: http://www.fiawtcc.com/2k5/GalleryV3...20Moscow&id=25

More photo's available?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1503397)   #108
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
They have also change the body around the wheels:
http://www.sportautomoto.it/cgi-bin/...lada2110_s.jpg
Old 18 Jan 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1503687)   #109
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
More photo's available?
I didn't find any new pictures of Lada 110 WTCC but here are some shots from AvtoVAZ windtunnel at Tolyatti (I think this is the correct way to write name of the city).

More photos of original show car here.

Looks like they have reduced air intake a lot... that must be good for aerodynamics but what about cooling? Bodywork around front wheels look a bit like Lada S2000 Rally car.
Old 22 Jan 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1506576)   #110
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It still looks like it should come with a large stereo and a burberry hat
Old 22 Jan 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1506602)   #111
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker
I didn't find any new pictures of Lada 110 WTCC but here are some shots from AvtoVAZ windtunnel at Tolyatti (I think this is the correct way to write name of the city).
No it is Togliatti - named after Palmiro Togliatti, a 19th century Italian communist leader. (if you care to know )
Old 22 Jan 2006, 13:36 (Ref:1506615)   #112
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
No it is Togliatti - named after Palmiro Togliatti, a 19th century Italian communist leader. (if you care to know )
Yes, I know that. But while Russians use different alphabet than Italians, they write foreign names like (they think) they are pronounced. So the city is Толья́тти instead of Тоглиатти. And when translittered back to latin alphabet, its Tolyatti (if English translittering is used (Toljatti in Finnish, German etc))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolyatti
Old 22 Jan 2006, 13:44 (Ref:1506670)   #113
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
[QUOTE=Valker] A Taxi in Moscow is still a Taxi, not a Taksi.

Its spelled (in english) taksi. The "x" in Russian is ch as in "loch"

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 22 Jan 2006 at 17:29.
Old 22 Jan 2006, 17:32 (Ref:1506798)   #114
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
oops!

Sorry Cyberbloke, I suspect I pressed the wrong buttons when I was replying.

*sorry*
Old 22 Jan 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1506879)   #115
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Having spent a substantial part of my late childhood trying to acquire that language, I know a teensy bit about it as well. A Taxi is a taxi because we have the x in our alphabet. In Russian it is a taksi because that's the only way they can spell out the loan word they've decided they'd use for taxicabs. The Russian word for pencil is Karandash because they can't spell out Caran d'Ache the same way you can with the Latin alphabet. Hitler is Gitler in Russian because "h" doesn't exist, and is replaced not with "ch" but with "g".

Togliatti is a name, and a non-Russian name at that; names are simply spelled the way they are spelled (or if you prefer, spelt). You can't tell Mr. Creighton his name is in fact Criton, or Mr. Millar that he should change his name to Miller. Mr. Togliatti was Mr. Togliatti, but in Russian, you can't spell it like that, so they used the phonetic spelling. But WE who use the Latin alphabet, can, and should, use the Italian spelling of that name.

Back to the topic?
Old 22 Jan 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1506898)   #116
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I'm here working in Moscow and knowing a "little" of the language I was surprised to see that the new Niva is in fact a Chevrolet.

So the motorsport thing might not be too far fetched anyway.

And actually the "h" is in fact "y" sounds the same though.
Old 4 Feb 2006, 05:48 (Ref:1515240)   #117
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
spasiba
Old 4 Feb 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1515680)   #118
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
As I'm here working in Moscow and knowing a "little" of the language I was surprised to see that the new Niva is in fact a Chevrolet.
So has Chevrolet acquired Lada? What's with them being involved? Or is Lada distributing Chevrolet in Russia?
Old 5 Feb 2006, 08:38 (Ref:1515815)   #119
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
AvtoVAZ and GM own together a company called GM-AvtoVAZ that prodeces in Tolyatti new generation Niva as Chevrolet Niva and Opel Astra as Chevrolet Viva.

More info:
GM-Avtovaz.ru

Tags
wtcc