Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 May 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1313100)   #1
Bedford
Racer

Bedford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Supercar rules : When will they be black and white for the reds and blues?

Damn fine post title... isn't it!

There is far too much grey area in the V8 Supercar rules, where they can be interpreted too freely on a case by case basis.
When will someone review these vague guidelines and lay down some solid ones, so there is no confusion, no controversy?

Or, is it controversy they want?
Does a controversial series make it more interesting for the millions of casual fans, even though it sacrifices the series for the loyal fans?

It's time to pull the socks up, rewrite the rule books, lay it out in plain english for all teams and drivers!
Let's make the rules so clear that they can't be misinterpreted.
They can't appear to be changed to suit a driver/make/series finale.

I don't know about any of the other fans, but I don't want to see a championship decided by officials. Lets spell it out clearly and have the teams and drivers sort it out!
Old 29 May 2005, 09:21 (Ref:1313174)   #2
matticooper
Rookie

matticooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only trouble with making everything black and white - the more effort you put into it - the more shades of grey you will introduce.

And then there will always be the clever dick in the back row that always asks the "what-if" questions and you thereby blow out of the water black and white rules.
Old 29 May 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1313178)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Plenty of clever dicks here and in pitlane... workshop it with the people who are impacted the most, and vote on it via consensus.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 May 2005, 09:39 (Ref:1313208)   #4
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As i see it this incident and the one in the previous round were judged on giving racing room. If this is the case the verdicts have been consistant.
Old 29 May 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1313220)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well watch Trackside next weekend, and lets see the verdict on the Coulthard/Richards incident.... both drivers reckon they were in the right... but $50 grand worth of new Porsche bits later....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 May 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1313242)   #6
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing room is a dangerous precedent, you can define just about anything as racing room.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1316600)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i like the idea. its much better than the stupid b pillar room

" yeah sure i locked a brake, would never have stopped before the tyre wall, but i was passed the b pillar so it was his fault that i took him out of the race"
Old 1 Jun 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1316665)   #8
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Plenty of clever dicks here and in pitlane... workshop it with the people who are impacted the most, and vote on it via consensus.

They will be in no hurry to straighten out the rules so they read black and white.

AVESCO and CAMS have created a "provision of a vital monitoring" (service sector) headed by the position called "IPO" which is nicely remunerated.

Now the fines and impost on teams/drivers et al will underpin the running costs of this new service sector for many moons to come!!!!

Mike
Old 1 Jun 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1316698)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i hope hes not on commission, because then the more he fines the more he earns. but based on the year so far he probably is.

30 grand because an extra driver appeared on the podium. what a joke