Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jul 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1032409)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jordon in talks for a take over from Dubai?

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...10135053.shtml

for Jordon i hope so.... the guys in Dubai have the money and Jordon could take great leaps!!
Old 10 Jul 2004, 14:27 (Ref:1032435)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure if that's true, but Jordan might take great leaps!
Old 10 Jul 2004, 18:09 (Ref:1032564)   #3
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't even know if this is good news or bad news.
Old 10 Jul 2004, 18:49 (Ref:1032583)   #4
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was mentioned briefly in the Speed TV broadcast. All they said was that there was a big rumour that Eddie HAD sold a percentage of the team, but they gave no further details.

Any infusion of funds would be positive for the team. I'm sure Eddie would not relinquish control if he could do a better deal.
Old 10 Jul 2004, 20:17 (Ref:1032623)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who's Jordon? :confused:
Old 10 Jul 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1032628)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Who's Jordon? :confused:
Thanks! I've done that point!!
Old 10 Jul 2004, 22:48 (Ref:1032690)   #7
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
It wouldn't matter if you threw another $20 million at Jordan, it won't give them a manufacturer deal which is what they need if they ae going to get back to where they were in the late nineties when Frentzen and Hill were winning.
Old 10 Jul 2004, 23:37 (Ref:1032716)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well its suggested that the team would be based in Dubai. £20m (yes pounds) would be a drop in the ocean against the cost of the logistics for testing, transport, team accommodation etc. Cos no matter what Bernie might think, there just ain't nowhere like Europe (and particularly Gt Britian) for motorsport.

So if the Dubai ruling family want to do this (and I mean no disrespect) its not going to be just a matter of cash. They'll have to get the mechanics and support team to go too and that won't be cheap.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 10 Jul 2004 at 23:38.
Old 11 Jul 2004, 11:00 (Ref:1032930)   #9
billyblister
Racer

billyblister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
" it won't give them a manufacturer deal which is what they need if they ae going to get back to where they were in the late nineties when Frentzen and Hill were winning."
-----------------------------------------------------------

Even though their best days were with Mugen Honda and not a manufacturer...?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:14 (Ref:1034217)   #10
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Relocation is most probably not going to happen, I can't say how I know unfortuantly.

The Dubai money will probably end up helping build new facilities, as well as bring in vital money to the team.

Just give it 6-8 weeks, then we'll see.

And regarding engines, it might u, think not be a manufacturer, but to toy with you, think Japanese....

Regards
Ed

Last edited by Try Hard; 12 Jul 2004 at 14:16.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:26 (Ref:1034236)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Try Hard
Relocation is most probably not going to happen, I can't say how I know unfortuantly.
Did you give it away in your thread regading the Jordan Village At the British GP??:

I was actually in there working, and whilst it was really long day (up for 8am, finish by 1am, usually....), I really enjoyed it.
UNQUOTE

Been leafing though some filing cabinets then? I guess the security may have been a little more lax at 1pm...
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:27 (Ref:1034238)   #12
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
oops

Last edited by steve_r; 12 Jul 2004 at 14:27.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1034252)   #13
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They were speculating in a/sport last week IIRC - on a future Jordan-Toyota package, with the middle east input funding investment into the team.

Jordan apparently already have planning permission on land adjacent to their factory, for an extension and improved facilities.

It's likley that Glock will form part of Jordan's short term future, the team rate him and he has the DP backing, to re-kindle that relationship.

If there is a stake purchase it's rumoured EJ will stay on as team boss for 2 years, before moving to a more 'ceremonial' type role.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1034471)   #14
gormy
Rookie

gormy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think this deal is a big possibility if they werent in talks eddie would have played down the deal in front of the cameras instead he seems to be fueling the rummors
Old 12 Jul 2004, 19:16 (Ref:1034566)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by billyblister
Even though their best days were with Mugen Honda and not a manufacturer...?
Very different sport in those days. Teh amoutns Jordana re spending now were mroe than adequate at the time, but can't be competitive even with teh best will in the world. With 4 full manufacturer teams and 3 heavily backed ones, all established enough to be able to (thereotically) beat a team like Jordan, a customer deal isn't ideal.

This year's Toyota enigne in next year's car could be a good optin if the funding is there. When it comes to organisation and commitment Jordan are ahead of Toyota, their driver lineup is currently of a similar standard (although next year might be a different story), and they're certainly tactically more adept.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1034574)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jordan need a better engine and car along with money. The cash can only do so much, you need talent building the car and a strong engine pushing it around.

I bet EJ is still ruing not selling out to Honda.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 02:58 (Ref:1034911)   #17
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Billy Blister
Times have changed. That was then this is now. Anyone who does not have a good manufacturer deal has little, if any, show of being a regular podium contender.
Secondly Mugen was a closet factory effort run by the son of Honda's boss. Not a works deal but a private development of a ex factory engine.
I'd like nothing more than to think a developer like John Judd could come up with a privately developed engine but there is no way it would happen without manufacturer involvement. The costs are simply too great for the return.

Last edited by Teretonga; 13 Jul 2004 at 03:02.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 04:45 (Ref:1034948)   #18
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are no manufacturer deals to be had, but perhaps they can get a better spec Cosworth or better yet, an engine from someone else!

Money might mean something like one of these purely theoretical ideas:
1. Toyota wouldn't want Jordan attacking them, but they do need more race data. Selling Jordan current spec engines for money and data all engine data might be a good idea.
2. If McLaren are at the front, Mercedes could use the money to put back into engine R&D and provide Jordan with something reasonable. Perhaps even top spec engines with the same sort of data deal as mentioned above.

Keep in mind that Ferrari have a 2004 engine in the Sauber. I guess it's not full spec, but they're probably getting data from it. Others may see this as a good idea.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 09:04 (Ref:1035066)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Is Jordans deal with Ford up at the end of this year or is it next year? If it's this year presumably Eddie will already have started talks with people about a supply for next year. Toyota and Mercedes are the two most likely suppliers in my opinion.