Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Dec 2007, 02:58 (Ref:2086168)   #26
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
Bright couldn't even get a laptime out of it at Sandown and Bathurst during practice with the cross entering of drivers.
interesting to note said Barge is for sale, wonder of he will get $10 for it?
Old 11 Dec 2007, 03:28 (Ref:2086175)   #27
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only one Britek barge chassis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInTheStands
When you say the Britek Barge, that is BA02 from FPR circa 2003?
Is that correct, there is only chassis that Britek have run as 'tale end charlie'?

Fernando, Ricciardello & Gurr ?
Old 11 Dec 2007, 04:33 (Ref:2086196)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The interesting thing about the article above suggesting FRSR shall acquire 2 FPR chassis , and the previous article about WPS purchasing 2 FPR chassis too...

.. is whether there are actually 4 FPR chassis laying around in a shed somewhere?

Or more interestingly, if there arent 4 FPR chassis available for sale, which of the 2 operations gets first preference over chassis.

Perhaps if FRSR gets first dibs, that WPS may not end up with 2 FPR chassis after all?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Dec 2007, 04:47 (Ref:2086201)   #29
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
MarkInTheStands should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The interesting thing about the article above suggesting FRSR shall acquire 2 FPR chassis , and the previous article about WPS purchasing 2 FPR chassis too...

.. is whether there are actually 4 FPR chassis laying around in a shed somewhere?

Or more interestingly, if there arent 4 FPR chassis available for sale, which of the 2 operations gets first preference over chassis.

Perhaps if FRSR gets first dibs, that WPS may not end up with 2 FPR chassis after all?
So once again we come back to where is 402.

What if it worked out this way?

402 > Denyer > FRSR > Fujitsu
503 > Bargs > WPS > Main
504 > Max > WPS > Main
605 > Thompson > FRSR > Main
706 > Frosty > FPR > Main
707 > Richo > FPR > Main
Old 11 Dec 2007, 10:19 (Ref:2086357)   #30
blue&red
Rookie

Australia
Australia
blue&red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i would say it's the later more than anything as 1 round and a few months isn't a long time.

main game with Walden driving one of the ex-PWR barge if rumours are correct, Holdens Britek and now Waldens will take the manttle atleast the Britek barge will have company on the last row of the grid but Caruso is better than that car.
So where has the info of Caruso going to Walden come from?? What has made you think of this? Sounds like you have some inside information. Or someone telling you this.

I originally heard (from the toilets in the powder-room) that Caruso has a deal with SBR.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 12:51 (Ref:2086473)   #31
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well the powder room crappers is better than from where i heard it but from what i was told Sydney team Sydney driver with a little bit of $$$ perfect fit.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 23:14 (Ref:2086871)   #32
Used Car
Racer

Alderney
In the big house without my wife & kids
Used Car should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mikey Caruso has a 2008 deal, sitting on the lounge chair, same as mega star Alan Gurr. If his family mates at Shell werent propping up his racing, he wouldnt even get an audience with people who actually matter.

Go Caruso. Second is the first loser!

To all whose lives I have touched in my short time here, may your eggs turn into chickens and kick your house down.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 19:14 (Ref:2087412)   #33
Bodog
Rookie

Australia
Bodog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInTheStands
When you say the Britek Barge, that is BA02 from FPR circa 2003?
It will no longer be the Britek barge - http://www.my105.com.au/classified.asp?id=7457
Old 12 Dec 2007, 21:55 (Ref:2087502)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog
It will no longer be the Britek barge - http://www.my105.com.au/classified.asp?id=7457
It will be if they dont find a buyer.....
Old 13 Dec 2007, 03:13 (Ref:2087636)   #35
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Just proving that time/money heals all wounds....
And he did the ride day at Calder last week. Here
I was off to Calder Park early with Neil Crompton and enjoyed taking all our sponsors who allow us to race all year around the track. There were actually quite a few teams out there including SBR and the Ford Rising Stars duo of Michael Caruso and Grant Denyer. SBR had five cars on the track so it was pretty hectic.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 03:28 (Ref:2087641)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And also drove the MWR car still in the FRSR race suit at Phillip island
Old 13 Dec 2007, 04:55 (Ref:2087660)   #37
chainsaw
Rookie

Australia
chainsaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

1st post on this esteemed forum. I have been lurking for many years.

Ok, to business...

I have a question. Can anybody confirm that the FRS team has just been delivered a shiny new FPR chassis?

Cheers,
Chainy
Old 23 Mar 2008, 07:56 (Ref:2159385)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to read in AA that Mr Morton has praised Mr Patrizi's drives at the AGP... that he is apparently ahead of where the team thought he would be.

Maybe I was watching a different set of timing screens... but I would have thought that a car prepared to the same standard as the #5 Frosty and #6 Richo FPR chassis, even with a rookie driver, would be a operating a little shinier than it currently seems to manage.

While it is likely great media spin to get excited about a 20th position, I cannot recall seeing the vehicle on the teev... so the Ausdrill brand may not have have taken much recognition away from this reportedly strong result.

There still seems to be a large amount of white space (actually green space and yellow space...) on the car... for sponsors yet to come aboard??
Old 23 Mar 2008, 09:55 (Ref:2159475)   #39
R2J2G
Racer

Australia
Scrambelltown
R2J2G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
considering it was the guys first V8supercar race i would say 20th was a pretty good effort, kept the car out of trouble, not much more you could ask from his first race. also turned faster laps then todd kelly in the third race so it isnt a bad effort. but like you say, he is in the same machinery as frosty and richo, so when he gets some more laps under his belt we will be able to see what he is capable of. Having spoke to morton the team is prepared to give Patrizi the time needed to get his head around the cars and they expect good results from him later in the year.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 00:04 (Ref:2159978)   #40
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Whispers from the powder room suggest that the Ford Rising Stars Racing concept may have met a premature end in its current form.
WRONG

Quote:
With the FPR fettled chassis used by Mr Caruso to win the final round of the development series championship allegedly having now been sold to WPS, it begs the question as to what chassis are available for this team to run
WRONG

Quote:
Choosing other chassis and preparation organisations would not be impossible..
NO NEED

Quote:
but for this team, these deals dont seem to last beyond a season, sometimes not even lasting that long.
WE'll SEE

Quote:
Presuming any of this actually happened
IT DIDN'T!

Quote:
Interesting to read in AA that Mr Morton has praised Mr Patrizi's drives at the AGP... that he is apparently ahead of where the team thought he would be.
Why is that interesting?

Quote:
Maybe I was watching a different set of timing screens... but I would have thought that a car prepared to the same standard as the #5 Frosty and #6 Richo FPR chassis, even with a rookie driver, would be a operating a little shinier than it currently seems to manage.
Yes, you're only watching!

Quote:
While it is likely great media spin to get excited about a 20th position, I cannot recall seeing the vehicle on the teev... so the Ausdrill brand may not have have taken much recognition away from this reportedly strong result.
Yes, TV exposure, it all the sponsor wants isn't it?... You're no marketing/sponsorship genius are you?

Quote:
There still seems to be a large amount of white space (actually green space and yellow space...) on the car... for sponsors yet to come aboard??
Or not??

Mr GTRMagic

You begin a thread claiming the likely demise of the FRSR concept and then, immediately after the team made their debut and issued it's first press release, you return with a suggestion that the performance was below par and the sponsors wouldn't be happy with a lack of coverage.

It's disappointing to think that someone who is, for whatever reason, regarded as "owning" this much discussed powder room would continually speak negatively of the efforts of this new team. Further, you're a moderator and allegedly and presumably have some positive information to discuss on this team.

You speak of Dick Johnsons personal financial status, of the Walden/Romano scenario of FRSR status... list goes on. You speak as though you know the facts, then cover your AR$E with a disclaimer of "allegedly and presumably" at the bottom. All I ask is that you share your opinion, your knowledge and obvious fanaticism with V8SC, but that you do it with honesty and integrity, and a little bit less bias to PMM.

Surely your powder room generates something positive from time to time?
Old 24 Mar 2008, 08:01 (Ref:2160095)   #41
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

OUCH
Old 24 Mar 2008, 09:13 (Ref:2160127)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic
Mr GTRMagic

You begin a thread claiming the likely demise of the FRSR concept and then, immediately after the team made their debut and issued it's first press release, you return with a suggestion that the performance was below par and the sponsors wouldn't be happy with a lack of coverage.

It's disappointing to think that someone who is, for whatever reason, regarded as "owning" this much discussed powder room would continually speak negatively of the efforts of this new team. Further, you're a moderator and allegedly and presumably have some positive information to discuss on this team.

You speak of Dick Johnsons personal financial status, of the Walden/Romano scenario of FRSR status... list goes on. You speak as though you know the facts, then cover your AR$E with a disclaimer of "allegedly and presumably" at the bottom. All I ask is that you share your opinion, your knowledge and obvious fanaticism with V8SC, but that you do it with honesty and integrity, and a little bit less bias to PMM.

Surely your powder room generates something positive from time to time?
An interesting synopsis, yet somehow symbolic of the contribution to the discussion on the forum that has been your trademark since joining. What has me perplexed is quite how I instigated such a voracious outburst of emotion, but perhaps it does not come as a surprise either

My question to you, is whether you actually have a point of view that you are willing to expound, then defend, or is it more prudent to merely denigrate the inputs of other people because it is simple, and more worthy of your level of capability and input?

I have no ownership of a “powder room” more that it is an attempt to generate a literary device whereby sources of information can be gleaned. If you were such a detailed consumer of my outputs as you claim, it would be painfully obvious to see. To everybody else anyway.

I am sorry that you don’t like what I write… actually, I am not. I couldn’t give a flying fig. What I am sorry about is that you don’t respect my inability to state directly all details of what is going on in the series… because of proximity to the truth, and proximity to the people who shake the trees. And the early release of some information may have legal ramifications… or at the very least hassles at the next race meeting, or a clogged email box at the next viewing. None of these things happen to you I bet. With good reason I would suggest.

If you consider recent subjects of discussion beyond the realms of your comprehension, then please cease to read them. If you are looking for a bright and shiny review of every event in motorsport, of the people, the politics… you have come to the wrong place… there is a forum for that, but its not here.

In each event discussed, there are issues that are not well known to the public that would have seen a very different result come through.

For example, the deal between WPS Racing and FPR was to have included the spare chassis currently seeing service in Mr Richards’ hands, as well as the existing FRSR chassis. That the deal subsequently changed to supply a single FPR chassis to that team, then no chassis at all, is a function of time, negotiation and a change in direction for all concerned. Had WPS Racing continued in 2008, there would not be an FRSR chassis on the grid in its current form. Circumstances change, so do the outcomes. Hindsight without having any idea of the real goings on is always 20/20, and it is easy to sit in the deckchair and sling bricks.

I could dissect the other delusions you have perpetrated but I think you get the general drift.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2160130)   #43
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia

OUCH
Old 24 Mar 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2160138)   #44
The Profiler
Rookie

The Profiler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Had WPS Racing continued in 2008, there would not be an FRSR chassis on the grid in its current form.
As much as I am reluctant to get involved in this stoush, I can’t help myself!! Thing is that irrespective of the powder room and all its apparently “accurate” outpourings. I, as I’m sure many others do, become “fired up” when “boof heads!!” claim that the self indulgent, self-important, drivel they place in here is “TRUE”!!!

Now I can’t claim to have read all the contributions made herein by any contributor particularly those by the “R” magic. (Geez Louise who’d have the time?) However I have to say that the critique of the info placed in this thread by the “I” magic is pretty damn accurate. I can assure you that the above quote from a post placed here by the “R” version is totally untrue.

Now, my point, guys, girls and those that fit other descriptions, by all means have a view, hypothesize, a bit of conjecture is great but don’t start quoting things on here as fact when you obviously know they are not. Another little line of support for the “I” version. I agree, it never ceases to amaze me why you posters herein, particularly the powder room version always have to be so negative about an activity that we all love and enjoy. “Go Figure”?

Last edited by The Profiler; 24 Mar 2008 at 09:44.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 10:45 (Ref:2160177)   #45
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Folks, we have a policy on this forum of attack the post, not the poster. I suggest you bear that in mind if you plan to keep posting here.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2160212)   #46
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Folks, we have a policy on this forum of attack the post, not the poster. I suggest you bear that in mind if you plan to keep posting here.
That includes moderators as well I hope?
Old 25 Mar 2008, 02:46 (Ref:2160813)   #47
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
For example, the deal between WPS Racing and FPR was to have included the spare chassis currently seeing service in Mr Richards’ hands, as well as the existing FRSR chassis. That the deal subsequently changed to supply a single FPR chassis to that team, then no chassis at all, is a function of time, negotiation and a change in direction for all concerned. Had WPS Racing continued in 2008, there would not be an FRSR chassis on the grid in its current form. Circumstances change, so do the outcomes.
Without being drawn into the pro's, cons, and amateurs of the debate, there is an interesting additional point from the above.

When all seemingly available (lucrative ) options dried up, it seems that this team may have offered to do a prep deal with the very team that they snipped last year in order to do a more "lucrative" deal in the first place....that never developed.

Fascinating indeed......
Old 10 Apr 2008, 10:39 (Ref:2174420)   #48
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
look who is a sponsor on ford rising stars
http://www.fordrisingstarsracing.com.au/
PWR
they where going to leave v8.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 13:17 (Ref:2174522)   #49
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are you the new racenut/PR/Caltex Racing of this forum?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 10 Apr 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2174538)   #50
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mate i'm none of the other 2 i'm Pro Racer only.