Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 20 Mar 2014, 00:31 (Ref:3382080)   #1
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
preview; Home Movie Memories

lads, I have just put online a little compilation of old film clips from my collection. I am aiming to pitch a programme idea at BBC4 to include these films and more sometime next week. Fingers crossed. Thought you might like a little look at the film, I have much more.

Old 20 Mar 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3382218)   #2
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Great stuff, just up my street. I take it you'll have seen the series "A gentleman's motor racing diary"? Go for it - too much pap on the box these days, and so many of the documentaries which concern motor sport and its history are dumbed-down for the modern ADD fanboyz.
Old 27 Mar 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3385023)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gary, that is great. And yes, the series mentioned by nicanery is also superb.

I filmed a lot of Historic and club racing back in the mid to late 90s, all now needing to go onto DVD if I can get around to it. I wonder whether a compilation of those might now be of interest. Many hours of it, that's for sure!
Old 29 Mar 2014, 19:16 (Ref:3386178)   #4
SidewaysFeltham
Racer

United Kingdom
UK and France
SidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gary and John:

The is excellent news!

The "Old Brigade", have many irreplaceable records of what was once a sport, which needs to be kept - obviously! - but more importantly, shared and aired.

I absolutely agree with nicaneray's comment: "Too much pap..". Yes indeed.

OK, I am something of a purist and abhor the hijacking of the greatest sport ever in the World, where heroes risked life and limb, repeatedly to establish motor sport as a major focus, valuable industry contributor and flag waving exercise for their country.

As one memory, I well remember when my late Dad (A car nut and racing enthusiast) proudly reminded me in 1953, "Hillary, Hunt and Tenzing and Jag -Le Mans - have presented Her Majesty with a rather nice Coronation present!"

Our photos, old programmes, memories and knowledge are an essential part of heritage for historians: and we are therefore stewards of such heritage.

As was the late, great Bill Boddey.

Long may it continue.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 00:18 (Ref:3386294)   #5
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
I'm glad you both enjoyed the clips, there's more where that came from. I have now e-mailed BBC4 and am awaiting their reply, fingers crossed. If they aren't interested, I have a few other avenues to pursue.

John, I'm not sure about your footage, as I'm sure there would be some sort of copyright restrictions with the circuit owners etc.
Old 31 Mar 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3387029)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I thought you might say that!
Old 31 Mar 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3387053)   #7
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Critcher View Post
I'm glad you both enjoyed the clips, there's more where that came from. I have now e-mailed BBC4 and am awaiting their reply, fingers crossed. If they aren't interested, I have a few other avenues to pursue.
This stuff's incredible Gary... I very much enjoyed the previews and would love to see more, however maybe you ought to keep what you have under wraps until you've organized the documentary - 'never before seen footage' is far more interesting/exciting to documentary makers than content in the public domain.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3387319)   #8
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
yes, indeedy, no more gets out til we've secured some sort of deal..........
Old 8 Apr 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3390258)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yep, my fingers crossed, too, Gary, to get that deal.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3390439)   #10
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Thanks for that, John.