Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 May 2004, 12:17 (Ref:974286)   #1
gormy
Rookie

gormy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan Fans

Hey im new to the forum and was wondering if there are many jordan fans here?
Old 18 May 2004, 12:18 (Ref:974288)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ooh, er, um, hmmm. Not sure about that. What championship do they race in?

Welcome to our friendly forum gormy.
Old 18 May 2004, 12:22 (Ref:974295)   #3
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome!
Old 18 May 2004, 12:28 (Ref:974308)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Welcome to ten-tenths!

I'll admit to being a Jordan fan - even if the last couple of years have been pretty hard work (apart from Fisi's win ). So far this year it's been fairly depressing, Nick has done quite well though - I hope he keeps his seat for the rest of the season. Pantano hasn't done a lot wrong but he really needs more time in the car. Hopefully things will improve......
Old 18 May 2004, 12:28 (Ref:974309)   #5
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie Jordan represents everythign F1 should be about. He's there out of love of sport, not money, and does everything he can to stay competitive in an increasingly tough situation, rather than taking an easier way out. Welcome to the forum gormy, as you can see there's speculationas to who will be in the yellow cars at Monaco.
Old 18 May 2004, 12:32 (Ref:974314)   #6
gormy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
as you can see there's speculationas to who will be in the yellow cars at Monaco.
ya its a little worrying as long as nick is in the car and jos is in a different country then im happy but it would be good to see pantano do a few more races i think his starting to improve
Old 18 May 2004, 12:48 (Ref:974332)   #7
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
Eddie Jordan represents everythign F1 should be about. He's there out of love of sport, not money, and does everything he can to stay competitive in an increasingly tough situation, rather than taking an easier way out.
Irony! Very, very funny.
Old 18 May 2004, 13:17 (Ref:974350)   #8
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trust me, I mean every word.
Old 18 May 2004, 19:37 (Ref:974713)   #9
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gormy
ya its a little worrying as long as nick is in the car and jos is in a different country then im happy but it would be good to see pantano do a few more races i think his starting to improve
welcome gormy!

Pantano fits Jordan the best at this moment, IMO. Heidfeld and Verstappen are too good for the Jordan team looking at the team's results right now. Let's hope things will change and Jordan improves. I really like the team, especially when it rains..
Old 18 May 2004, 22:15 (Ref:974901)   #10
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Gormy! Have fun!
Old 19 May 2004, 10:43 (Ref:975283)   #11
gormy
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome guys its good to be here
Old 19 May 2004, 10:59 (Ref:975297)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Verstappen too good for Jordan? Can't agree with that based on his past performances in midfeild/backmarker teams, or the refusal of any team owner to give him a second season at a time. When you factor in his appalling attitude and arrogance, he's not someone I want to see on the F1 grid.

I've always liked Eddie. He's given lots of great drivers a chance, either their first in F1 (Michael, Ralf, Rubens, Irv, Sato), a second chance (Frentzen, Damon, de Cesaris), or a help on the ladder (Alesi, Brundle, Herbert). His drivers have pushed for the title when it shouldn't've been possible, made Rubens the youngest driver to ever take a pole, been the only guys to run Michael close at a wet Spa 97, and countless more. That represents everythign F1 SHOULD be about anyway.
Old 19 May 2004, 13:05 (Ref:975429)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome gormy, Jordan fan !

I can't remember anyone being a die hard fan of Jordan, unless when Verstappen was trying to secure a place there...
Old 19 May 2004, 16:21 (Ref:975602)   #14
gormy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Welcome gormy, Jordan fan !

I can't remember anyone being a die hard fan of Jordan, unless when Verstappen was trying to secure a place there...
Well there is one here now as rare as we are these days
Old 19 May 2004, 17:30 (Ref:975673)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I worked with one once. Only once mind.

Gormy. I have more time for Jordan than I do Minardi and I know it should be the other way around. And to cap it all you've made me agree with Boots. That is definitely a first.
Old 19 May 2004, 17:44 (Ref:975684)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I used to be a big fan of Jordan myself with their crazy liveries, quality drivers and general individuality. Nowadays they just seem like a yellow F3000 team on the way out. And that Vodafone court case....well, oh dear me.
Old 19 May 2004, 18:23 (Ref:975718)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome Gormy,
as Bon pointed out once the Jos rumours start up agin you will be in good company.... for the moment have fun...
Old 19 May 2004, 18:29 (Ref:975728)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
I used to be a big fan of Jordan myself with their crazy liveries, quality drivers and general individuality. Nowadays they just seem like a yellow F3000 team on the way out. And that Vodafone court case....well, oh dear me.
I must confess I was very enthusiastic about them, back when Frentzen race for them challenging the WDC... I think it was in 98 ?!?

Unfortunately both team and driver had dissapointed me and now it's only good memories.
Old 19 May 2004, 18:39 (Ref:975739)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep good memories.......and at least Jordan can say they've had a good crack of things. I mean, they weren't Andrea Moda exactly were they?!?
Old 19 May 2004, 18:43 (Ref:975744)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Nope... but there's always the risk to become worse...
Old 19 May 2004, 18:49 (Ref:975748)   #21
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yeah i was one of those who thought they the steps they took in 99 would lead them on to become a good strong team.... but thats the reality of modern f1 racing.... lots of cash needed to make improvements and keep up with the others...
Old 19 May 2004, 19:19 (Ref:975767)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
but thats the reality of modern f1 racing....
thats the reality of racing through the ages...
Quote:
Rob Walker, F1's best privateer
The only way to make a small fortune out of motor racing is to start off with a big one.

Last edited by Adam43; 19 May 2004 at 19:21.
Old 19 May 2004, 20:22 (Ref:975830)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I didn't expect them to challenge for championships after 1999 but what I did expect them to do was to become established in the top four for years.

Harsh reality, eh?
Old 19 May 2004, 21:41 (Ref:975903)   #24
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Vodafone case really did personify the wheeler-dealer nature of them over the past few years.
Old 20 May 2004, 03:20 (Ref:976062)   #25
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I've always had respect for Eddie Jordan and his team and I follow their results and progress from time to time.