Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 May 2004, 08:25 (Ref:976248)   #26
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There another one here (although probably not as de-hard). The yellow cars have a special place in my heart, always liked them (the 199 is my fav car ever), and it is a little shame about whats happened over the past few years, but they are absolutly commited to getting better again

Also might help that I was given the opportunity to go testing with them last month, which was briliant.

Regards
Ed
Old 20 May 2004, 10:41 (Ref:976376)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The best looking F1 car was the 197, striking yellow livery with that really impressive snakes head on the nose. Great car.
Attached Thumbnails
e.jpg  
Old 20 May 2004, 12:09 (Ref:976479)   #28
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
They were my favourites, inasmuch as I have any, until Frentzen was sacked which I thought was stupid and the Vodafone case which showed them to be dishonest. Even so I still have more time for them than most others on the grid. Then again I've never been a supporter of one lot over another in F1.
Old 20 May 2004, 20:41 (Ref:976988)   #29
Ej10
Racer

Ej10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i am a die heart jordan fan. They might be going through a sticky patch BUT they are survivers and have proved everyone wrong over the past year more than ever. Only Jordan could survive being lashed by the media,by a judge ,survive potential financial crisis and live to tell the tale. Eddie has proved himself more than ever thest past two years. Also i am impressed with james robinson also.

They are here and even though the are not flush with cash, out of all the teams they have made the largest improvment since melborne. they were up to a second behind the midfield in melborne and are now challenging jaguar, sauber and toyota. Nicky also set 12th fastest time in barcelona. Were getting a new front wing soon and with more testing and upgrades this year from cossie, we can at least have a chance at being top independant and maybe even beat toyota. Pantano can settle down now that he knows his seat is safe and has ran really well in monaco and has improved more than any other rookie since the start of the year so things are lookinfg better and better for jordan at the moment.Also Nicky is doing a great job and can maybe score points if he can qualify in the top 12.

Also i notice they have quite a few new sponsers for monaco too, (although i think zepter is a one off) so i think the fightback starts here now in earnest.
Old 21 May 2004, 14:06 (Ref:977751)   #30
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This isn't the first time Jordan have been in the doldrums, so it's not impossible that they could fight back. However, I have to laugh at one or two of EJ10's comments.

Eddie hasn't really proved himself recently - keeping the team cgoing is a reasonable achievement, bu the lack of competitiveness has been increasingly disappointing. And he only got lashed by a judge because, in the Vodafone situation, he deserved it. I wouldn't've said they'rereally challenging the midfield teams on a consistant basis, even with Nick in the car. Despite his excellent Barcelona lap he was still beaten by both Toyotas, a Sauber and a Jaguar,a nd if it weren't fgor his 2-stop strategy, Massa would've done so too. Then again, Jordan's budget would pay Toyota's annual pizza bill, so it's no surprise.
Old 21 May 2004, 14:53 (Ref:977797)   #31
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's the thing, I'm not convinced that Jordan is truely slumping this year. The level of competition has never been higher. Jordan's immediate competitors have budgets that are large enough to win a WDC. Jordan has a slow and grossly unreliable engine. The fact that they can run close to Jaguar, Sauber (with massive Ferrari support), Toyota must be an indication that their car (minus the engine) is possibly better than those other teams.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 17:38 (Ref:1034454)   #32
gormy
Rookie

gormy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what do you guys think of the possible dubai deal? will it help change the downward trend shown in this thread?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 17:59 (Ref:1034477)   #33
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Eddie and the boys simply need a new engine supplier along with some more dollars to spend on development.

But lets face it...that cosworth is horrible. If they could slip a customer Toyota engine in there i'd bet they'd jump in front of Jaguar and start knocking on Sauber.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 18:46 (Ref:1034525)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by gormy
what do you guys think of the possible dubai deal? will it help change the downward trend shown in this thread?
There is a thread on this which expands a little more http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=56863