Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 21 Jan 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3356903)   #46
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The gravel traps are large because with this being a test track I thought safety should be exaggerated. With the likeliness of inexperienced drivers and untested cars I thought that the gravel traps should be bigger than what is needed. It also future-proofs the track as if the track wants to be upgraded for larger race meetings, only the facilities would need to be improved as most of the track already exceeds what it needed.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3382807)   #47
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Final Version

The final version of this track is now done. The biggest improvements since last time are added elevation, short circuit, dirt track, grandstands and a small lake.
The sketchup file is available to download below (warning: 35mb download and runs very slow with shadows).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqr49zqm4p...n%20Hills2.skp

Overview of the track

Pit lane

Turn 4 hill

Turn 6

View towards Turn 8

The lake between Turns 9 and 10

Turns 15 and 16

Oval

Dirt track
Old 22 Mar 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3383171)   #48
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bravo
Old 13 Jun 2015, 11:20 (Ref:3548313)   #49
F1 lobby
Rookie

Netherlands
F1 lobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedpark Almere Holland

It has been already over a year that I asked you guys to help to design an extension of a real track located in Holland, Speeding Tortoise came up with the best efficient lay out for a cramped space of 1000 x 650 meters. The current track owner, investor and I presented his design made in Sketch Up and the local authorities were very enthousiastic and willing to approve the proposal but due to sound limitations the province board did not want to increase the noise limit to be able to hold at least some international events in sound category A, simular to F1 or MotoGP decibels, which couldn't exceed the maximum of 50Db measured at a distance of 1500 meters from the center point of the track site.
So that's why we had to give up the hope of having a descent new track realised, but now we contacted the province of Flevoland, Holland and their maximum allowed sound level limit is 57Db at the same distance of 1500 meters. That will be just enough to make it possible to organise a mayor international event in sound level category A at least twice a year.

Because SpeedingTortoise told me due to short of time not being able to finish the design any time soon now my proposal to you guys who can extend and optimize the current design in Sketch Up, is to do the job and getting paid of course for completing the presenting project. A dutch game design company SimBim studios will convert the Sketch Up file into a 3D animation to have a professional impression of the design ready to present at the local board of the province of Flevoland and the city of Almere, near Amsterdam, as soon as possible.

I added a pic with slobby sketches of the extension in the current design but all adjustments will be explained, the link to the sketch up file at the dropbox is in the reply of SpeedingTortoise here right above on this page but I think the link is not valid anymore, I can send you the file also in wetransfer if you like to have a look at it first.
Please contact me for further details

Last edited by F1 lobby; 13 Jun 2015 at 11:25.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 00:25 (Ref:3692576)   #50
fintard96
Rookie

Scotland
Aberdeen
fintard96 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.autobahn.eu/2480/formule...-in-nederland/

Wow, I can't believe that a design from this website is actually possibly going to become a reality! Well done SpeedingTortoise, I remember really liking your design when I first saw it! Quite an encouragement to any budding Tilke-haters slash budding race track designers.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 02:29 (Ref:3692591)   #51
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correction; half a track from Tortoise, half-Tilkite crap. Race Park Almere, they call it.
Attached Thumbnails
RPA.jpg