Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 30 Jun 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3747908)   #16
kerb
Rookie

Australia
canberra
kerb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is just a theory, so if I'm wrong you can correct me. whenever I design a circuit I almost always build from a spectators point of view, with lots of passing zones and hills, and I know there are some that of us that do race sometimes and I'm wondering if they build from a racers point of view, with parts that would feel fun to drive.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3747914)   #17
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
aye mate, myself (sometimes) and Luigi do/did.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3747981)   #18
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hungaroring and Macau are racers tracks, not spectators tracks.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 21:11 (Ref:3748029)   #19
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the podium!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the podium!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the podium!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the podium!
Building a circuit for spectators you end up with Ricardo Tormo at Valencia, a stadium circuit, that is fine for Bikes and maybe lesser 4 wheel categories, but is too tight to let "big circuit cars" race on.

Designing even a stadium section of a larger track is easy as it inevitably breaks up the flow of the circuit or is little more than a hairpin with horseshoe grandstands (Hockenheim).

I tend to think of the types of corner I want (or over taking points), and then how I'd link them...straights, arcing curves, long esses etc. I usually re-design of atleast 2/3 of it (usually more than once), as I'll only be happy with the flow in parts. Where Granndstands etc then go would fit naturally around the circuit that point.
Old 1 Jul 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3748175)   #20
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thinking of fans doesn't necessarily mean stadium-like twisty sections.

One of the most interesting corners in F1 is the S do Senna at Interlagos. The long straight and three corners make of a perfect overtaking spot. And there's quite a few grandstands around it.

However, Hockenheim's Motodrom is an extremely boring section. Cars can barely overtake there. Fan friendly sections doesn't mean just having grandstands with view to the track, but putting grandstands close to action.
Old 1 Jul 2017, 22:42 (Ref:3748204)   #21
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See everyone? This forum isn't dead!

I like building my designs in 3d so I can get down at the drivers eye view to see how the circuit flows, so yes, I always design the circuit thinking about how it will be driven, coupled with it having an interesting layout when seen from above. Spectators are not prioritised.

I have several designs which I have been sitting on which I will share *soon*
Old 2 Jul 2017, 00:20 (Ref:3748216)   #22
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG View Post
See everyone? This forum isn't dead!

I like building my designs in 3d so I can get down at the drivers eye view to see how the circuit flows, so yes, I always design the circuit thinking about how it will be driven, coupled with it having an interesting layout when seen from above. Spectators are not prioritised.

I have several designs which I have been sitting on which I will share *soon*
Sure, Giraffe.
Old 2 Jul 2017, 03:36 (Ref:3748230)   #23
kerb
Rookie

Australia
canberra
kerb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is mostly 2 types of spectator point of views, either being at the track or watching on TV (or youtube like I do). and there is huge difference between them (experience: oran park). so really there are 3 points of view: racers, tv viewers and fans at the track. and there are only a few I feel are good in all 3.
Old 2 Jul 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3748409)   #24
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I like long straight where the previous and next corners are in opposite directions. Therefore, cars must cross the track form one side to the other, which makes for interesting moves. A notable example is Sepang.

Scratch that: I don't like long straights, I find them boring. A notable example is Sepang. I prefer straights that aren't actually straights, but have kinks or something.
Old 2 Jul 2017, 19:01 (Ref:3748431)   #25
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Sure, Giraffe.
I think you'll find Giraffe is someone else entirely!
Old 3 Jul 2017, 04:26 (Ref:3748567)   #26
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
It is a very familiar style. You have to give me that much.

Last edited by AoB Special Stage; 3 Jul 2017 at 04:55.