Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jul 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3749049)   #16
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Not every institution reports on a July-June financial year. Independent schools for example commonly report on a January-December financial year, as it fits with the school year. The same would apply to CAMS I would think, as it would fit with the competition year. I would suggest that the report is for a full 12 months, not just 6.

Suggest you read post #12
Old 5 Jul 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3749050)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
A financial report would _normally_ be for a financial year, but this is CAMS Annual report, for 2016 Calendar year.
as per the constitution

Quote:
Financial Year means the year ending 31 December in each year

well that's my hope
Old 5 Jul 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3749053)   #18
GeoffR
Rookie

GeoffR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Suggest you read post #12
You mean the one that is incorrect??
Old 5 Jul 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3749055)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
You mean the one that is incorrect??
its totally correct

if you think its incorrect then you are taking it out of context and interpreting as something that was not part of the discussion

The annual report/financial report covers the period 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2016

Scrut asked on 3 July about the last 12 months which i interpreted as 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017 (maybe i interpreted it wrong but that how i interpreted it. Scrut seemed to have no issues with the response)

Thus only 6 months of the last 12 months 1 July 2016 to 31 Dec 2016 are in the annual report. The other 6 months 1 Jan to 30 June 2017 occur in the current year and are not in the report

Is it spelt out clear enough now for those that are not even part of the conversation but merely seem to be trying to correct something.

well that's my hope
Old 5 Jul 2017, 09:44 (Ref:3749056)   #20
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
A financial report would _normally_ be for a financial year, but this is CAMS Annual report, for 2016 Calendar year.
Financial year ends vary all over the place.

Three of the big banks (ANZ, NAB and Westpac) have 30 September year end, department store Myer has 30 July. SUbsidiaries of Japanese companies have 31 March.

Just a couple of examples.
Old 5 Jul 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3749062)   #21
GeoffR
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
its totally correct

if you think its incorrect then you are taking it out of context and interpreting as something that was not part of the discussion

The annual report/financial report covers the period 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2016

Scrut asked on 3 July about the last 12 months which i interpreted as 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017 (maybe i interpreted it wrong but that how i interpreted it. Scrut seemed to have no issues with the response)

Thus only 6 months of the last 12 months 1 July 2016 to 31 Dec 2016 are in the annual report. The other 6 months 1 Jan to 30 June 2017 occur in the current year and are not in the report

Is it spelt out clear enough now for those that are not even part of the conversation but merely seem to be trying to correct something.
Large corporations and institutions may routinely publish mid year (6 month) performance reports, but the only ever publish ONE annual (full financial year) report each year. I struggle to understand why some people would think the CAMS financial year would be July-June when their competition year is January-December. Revenue and expenditure would not match with the actual year result if there was a mis-match in dates. The report is titled ANNUAL (ie 1 year) report, not 6 months of the actual annual report!
Old 5 Jul 2017, 10:19 (Ref:3749073)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Large corporations and institutions may routinely publish mid year (6 month) performance reports, but the only ever publish ONE annual (full financial year) report each year. I struggle to understand why some people would think the CAMS financial year would be July-June when their competition year is January-December. Revenue and expenditure would not match with the actual year result if there was a mis-match in dates. The report is titled ANNUAL (ie 1 year) report, not 6 months of the actual annual report!
correct, not sure your point really.

well that's my hope
Old 5 Jul 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3749076)   #23
GeoffR
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
correct, not sure your point really.
Just that it is a 12 month/full financial year report, not just 6 months of 12 months.
Old 5 Jul 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3749077)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Just that it is a 12 month/full financial year report, not just 6 months of 12 months.
yes, as per the report

dude i really have no idea where toy are going, so i will leave this for now

well that's my hope
Old 5 Jul 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3749085)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh. My. Goodness.

A whole page of navel gazing over a report which is clearly dated as to which bit of which years it covers...

Come on, guys, you can do better than that. Dullest discussion ever. Just talk about the sport for goodness sake.