Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jun 2017, 22:35 (Ref:3746543)   #76
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
It seems that several MG B did very well during the race. Lambert/ Delta, Mooney/ Race/ Small and Loader/ Chambers were close to each other at least during 2,5 hours, the last crew slowing down (unknown reason). For a while, Lambert/ Delta were 15th overall (they were #54 during qually, so old tea bag plus red water could be THE new energy drink), they seem to finish 20 and Mooney/ Race/ Small 21 overall. Lambert/ Delta are first MG B. Best lap time Lambert/ Delta 3'14"891, Mooney and friends 3'13"707. Simon H had a dnf.
Is that correct?
Sounds about right. Simply excellent race to watch, with proper car (Lotus 47) beating the GT40s :-) - but only just, less than 7 seconds in it at the flag.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3746561)   #77
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
What a great weekend . Now waiting to get on the train . Brian did an hour race in his Ginetta G4 "going to let me have a go and get sorted "looking forward to that . Anyway I was sent out to start the 3 hour race , Brian would do middle stint and then leave me to finish. Flipping eck could not believe the driving standards at the start,you would of thought this was a ten lap sprint race at Mallory Park and not a 3 hour endurance. There were cars off everywhere on first lap loads of yellows but still drivers going bonkers. I lost a few places but still decided this was the best way to proceed. After 3 or 4 laps things settled down and I had got used to car with full tank and then caught and passed all the other MGB 's and cars around our speed . Caught up Johnathon Loader and had a great few laps trying to get past him. He pitted and I then knuckled down and caught up the leading MGB until safety car which played into our hands as time was up and I pitted for Brian to take over . Brian as Brian does pushed on and set best lap from us with the 3 min14 . I sat back made a cup of tea and chilled out ready for my next run . Soon was told to get ready and Brian was in leaving me to do the last hour with strict instructions just to bring car home . Off I went and the B seemed a different at now on light fuel load . I was soon lapping as quick as Brian but was then told via pit board we had 30 second lead over next MGB and also the pinion bearing started to wine so I backed of until chequered flag . Well done to organisers the driving standards were much better than last year . Must pay tribute to James Claridge for a deserving win in the Lotus47. One of the really nice guys in motorsport and a brilliant engine builder . I'm going to miss not doing Spa 6 hour this year unless I get a last minute call. ��

Last edited by Mike Bell; 25 Jun 2017 at 11:18. Reason: Posters request to correct predictive text errors!
Old 25 Jun 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3746797)   #78
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Sunday's CSCC Inter-series race seems to have been truncated - maybe run under Safety Car then red-flagged, judging from the times?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3747272)   #79
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Images

Image of winning Lotus 47 heading for the finish-line, proving kilos can succeed over cubic inches. Full galleries soon at www.retro-speed.co.uk Thanks to Jeremy Cooke/Mike Dowd, Will and Richard Plant, and Peter Mallett/Ken Clarke for representing Team Retro-Speed.

Winning Lotus of Gomes/Claridge
Unlucky 13 finished 7 seconds down in second place
Ford Mustang of Trevor and Alex Taylor finished 19th
Pit stop for number 119, finished 44th.

Images copyright www.retro-speed.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_3034.JPG   DSC_2791.JPG   DSC_3007.JPG  

DSC_2952.jpg  
Old 27 Jun 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3747330)   #80
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few more
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_2441.JPG   DSC_2458.JPG   DSC_2644.JPG  

DSC_2121.JPG   DSC_2133.JPG  
Old 28 Jun 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3747646)   #81
TheMakipaa
Rookie

Finland
London
TheMakipaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pic of our (Rassler Racing) yellow Mustang. The car was only just finished earlier this year and hadn't managed to get to the end of a race until the 3 Hours (but hey - what a race!). We could have placed better if we hadn't miscommunicated about a pit stop as well as accrued a penalty for something (no idea what). Oh well - live and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 Jun 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3747647)   #82
TheMakipaa
Rookie

Finland
London
TheMakipaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We've got footage up on YouTube as well from the Ardennes Challenge and the CSCC Interseries (Mazda RX7). RaceLogic issues with the Mustang so not much from the 3 Hours. Just look up Rassler Racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 Jun 2017, 08:03 (Ref:3747750)   #83
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Great snap of the G4's and the Mustang

2 minnows and a Shark!
Old 29 Jun 2017, 14:50 (Ref:3747807)   #84
retrognome
Racer

A certain MGB during Spa 3 Hours. retro-speed.co.uk Other pics available all in high res. Copyright.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_2876.JPG   DSC_3015.JPG  
Old 1 Jul 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3748096)   #85
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
A certain MGB during Spa 3 Hours. retro-speed.co.uk Other pics available all in high res. Copyright.
Some really fantastic photos there - do you have any of the Gilbern GT (#188) from the 3 hours?
Old 3 Jul 2017, 21:33 (Ref:3748704)   #86
retrognome
Racer

Like this? Image copyright www.retro-speed.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_2844.JPG  
Old 3 Jul 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3748709)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Thanks Peter. I'll post the story of our race now our holiday has finished.
Old 5 Jul 2017, 10:19 (Ref:3749071)   #88
retrognome
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Thanks Peter. I'll post the story of our race now our holiday has finished.
Will enjoy adding it as a feature in the magazine.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_2170.jpg  
Old 6 Jul 2017, 13:51 (Ref:3749281)   #89
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Like this? Image copyright www.retro-speed.co.uk
From the position of the car,one would assume the driver to be pulling off?
Old 6 Jul 2017, 16:01 (Ref:3749299)   #90
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Flat rear tyre? Or is it an optical illusion?
Old 6 Jul 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3749303)   #91
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I think you're right and didn't spot it. Well done! If not, its maximum attack and beyond… Are you allowed to race without the front grill?
Old 6 Jul 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3749320)   #92
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Will enjoy adding it as a feature in the magazine.
Sent to your info addy.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3749328)   #93
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
So that made him lose concentration and he missed the apex?
Old 6 Jul 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3749331)   #94
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ho no, I dont find he missed the apex. Not at all! Right on… But honestly there are some pics we are not always proud of. But fun is everywhere.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 19:11 (Ref:3749333)   #95
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
It's a flat rear tyre and he's keeping out of the way. There were no penalties applied to that car.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3749335)   #96
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Old 7 Jul 2017, 05:46 (Ref:3749386)   #97
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Old 7 Jul 2017, 09:30 (Ref:3749405)   #98
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Quite likely that it is flat, as we did suffer a left-hand rear puncture at about 20-30 minutes in (aren't inner tubes fun?)
Old 8 Jul 2017, 11:45 (Ref:3749581)   #99
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Not sure if related but ,all sticky lables on wire rims should always be removed as the edges can move and cause puntures😉