Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3752188)   #136
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
23 points down with 10 races left...thats close enough with enough races left that merc wont explicitly place a supporting role requirement on him...thats not really this team's style imo.

Bottas is growing in confidence and ability with each race...its actually been very cool to see.

while he lacks LH's raw speed so quali will be an issue but i do also think he is much better at race starts over LH and given this car's advantage tends to mean a Merc in front will tend to stay out in front, i do think VB should very much be considered a title contender this year.

for me, i dont think the issue of number 2 (or even 1.5) has been settled yet!
Old 27 Aug 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3762005)   #137
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dear, Bottas. Today was not a good day. 6th. Oh dear. Could have been 3rd.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 19:11 (Ref:3762092)   #138
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Oh dear, Bottas. Today was not a good day. 6th. Oh dear. Could have been 3rd.

I just want to say that he was actually 5th
Old 27 Aug 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3762166)   #139
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I just want to say that he was actually 5th
Got mugged after the sc. I bet he's one unhappy chappy after that.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3762264)   #140
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes that was a bit unfortunate, looks like he needs a bit of luck to stay in the title fight. Support roll for Lewis coming up
Old 28 Aug 2017, 13:07 (Ref:3762322)   #141
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Mercedes will be content enough with his performance so far this year. He's handily beating Räikkönen and has taken the odd win. I think a year to settle in at the front of the grid is reasonable. Next year (assuming he stays) will determine whether he's a genuine challenger for the title or a solid number two.