Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Jul 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3752231)   #1
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!
4 Hours of Red Bull Ring

Official Poster
Click image for larger version

Name:	ELMS_RBR_A4-SANS-PRIX-HD_29594a.png
Views:	9
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	50011

Circuit Map

Name:	ELMS_2014_03_RedBullRing_CircuitMap.png
Views:	5
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	50012

Mini Timetable

Name:	TimeTable.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	50013

Official Website

Live Timing

Spotter Guide

Entry List

Detailed Timetable

Live Stream

-----

Pre-race setup

36 Cars on the entry list. 13 cars make up a very healthy LMP2 field, 17 LMP3 entries and a thin but high quality 6 GTE-Am entries are due to take the start.

SMP return to the series with a Dallara P217. Piloting the car will be Formula V8 3.5 drivers, Egor Orudzhev and Matevos Issakyan.

Gustavo Yacaman replaces Franck Matelli in the #40 Graff Racing car. He joins James Allen (no not that James Allen) and Richard Bradley for Monza.

Ryo Hirakawa is racing in the SuperGT Championship this weekend. His seat in the #22 G-Drive Racing Oreca will be taken by DragonSpeed sporting director, Nicolas Minassian.

Ligier factory driver and all-round superstar Olivier Pla will replace David Zollinger in the #28 IDEC Sport Ligier JSP217 for the remainder of the season. With Pla at the wheel, the IDEC Ligier might upset some champion contenders during races.

Tockwith Motorsport return from a difficult WEC race at the Nurburgring. The car retains the Gulf colours for the rest of the 2017 season.

Although the class size remains the same, there is an additional Norma M30 scheduled to start at the Red Bull Ring. Duqueine Engineering have swapped one of their Ligier JS P3s for a Norma, raising the number to 3.

JMW will run the new Ferrari 488 GTE in the European Le Mans Series for the first time. The car made it's debut at Le Mans, replacing the aging 458. It is the first time since 2011 that there will be no Ferrari 458 on the ELMS grid.

Larbre Competition will not race at the Red Bull Ring. After a single race at Monza in preparation for Le Mans, the team has opted not to return to the series.

----

Comments, especially on language, grammar, spelling, etc welcome.
Old 21 Jul 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3753451)   #2
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!
Just found out I have to work .... but ... I cna get the live stream at work, so I guess I can't cry.

It will be fun to watch the DPis on a tiny track and the n the P2s on a slightly less tiny track the next day.

The only comment I can make is that I am glad you posted this. Too often I forget the race until I read about how good it was on this site, later.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3753509)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
It will be fun to watch the DPis on a tiny track and the n the P2s on a slightly less tiny track the next day.
I might be wrong, but I don't think the Prototype class is at Lime Rock. I think it's GTD and GTLM only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
The only comment I can make is that I am glad you posted this. Too often I forget the race until I read about how good it was on this site, later.
Yeah this is something I kept having problems with. Remember when IMSA, WEC, ELMS, Blancpain had races became messy. So I'm hopefully working on a 'fix' for that, but it would require reading an external site. More on that later!
Old 22 Jul 2017, 12:28 (Ref:3753511)   #4
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
LMP2 Qualifying about to begin. This link will work if you want to rewatch qualifying later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvY6ODOs6Xs
Old 22 Jul 2017, 12:52 (Ref:3753516)   #5
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yeah this is something I kept having problems with. Remember when IMSA, WEC, ELMS, Blancpain had races became messy. So I'm hopefully working on a 'fix' for that, but it would require reading an external site. More on that later!
Andy Blackmore's calendar was a God's end for this (even when dates had changed I would see them on the calendar and remember to edit the new one in, but I don't think he's done one this year.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3753529)   #6
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ab1yHrhmWc

Le Mans Cup race beginning.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 23:44 (Ref:3753658)   #7
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!deggis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Andy Blackmore's calendar was a God's end for this (even when dates had changed I would see them on the calendar and remember to edit the new one in, but I don't think he's done one this year.
This is handy:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...csFqiqfSE/edit

It is updated weekly.

The bad part is that you start to follow other less known series (often free official streams available) and weekends become even more full.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 23:51 (Ref:3753659)   #8
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Actually watched most of that. Very entertaining!
Old 23 Jul 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3753729)   #9
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent stuff the fight between Buret and Lapierre, sadly the TV decided to switch to 2 LMP3 when Lapierre got the 3rd positiom.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3753731)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I enjoyed it too, nice to see TOC doing well
Old 23 Jul 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3753735)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Rojas dropping back. Shows how good a job Roussel did. Silver driver, fastest on track.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 12:44 (Ref:3753744)   #12
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!
This isn't real prototype racing. If this were an IMSA race there would have been six collisions by now.

Old 23 Jul 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3753746)   #13
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red Bull Ring is an excellent track.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3753751)   #14
Maelochs
Veteran

It seems ELMS pulls off a good or very good race every time. I think the tighter track with elevation changes helps here ... keeps the cars close and creates visual drama ... but the level of preparation and the driving talent, even from the bronze drovers, is admirable.

In IMSA, is is expected that the bronze drivers will cause multiple collisions and the top-ranked pros are good for at least one per race. (Though I must say they did a tremendous job at Lime Rock yesterday,)
Old 23 Jul 2017, 13:38 (Ref:3753755)   #15
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Good clean race this one.

I think we'll get the first FCY now with the Norma spun and stopped. Shame for the Norma, was looking like a win for that chassis. edit: no yellow

No idea what SMP are up to. Bizarre pit stop strategy and now the engine cover is off to repair the air jacks.