Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jul 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3751376)   #571
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose money could be a factor in him coming here. I'd think that driving for the factory Aston Martin team in a professional class in the WEC would make you a reasonable amount of money but if it doesn't then I see why he'd want to come back here full-time.

And going by the Supercars article, Richie is only on a part-time schedule with Aston this year which has now finished. That would mean that his overseas schedule for this year would only have been comprised of 3 races (unless he's doing some running outside of the WEC). I know he isn't entered for Nurburgring round which is on this weekend.

Also, if he does abandon Europe and comes to race full-time in Aus & NZ then I'm sure he would have no problem getting a solid drive in the GT enduros or in the New Zealand tourers if he would want (or need) to do that.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 05:23 (Ref:3751566)   #572
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would say the Jason Bright deal would be like the one Charlie Schwerkolt Racing had as he is racing under Current team: Britek Motorsport

Super Black Racing will continue in the Supercars Championship next season following a change of ownership.
Speedcafe.com can confirm that Rusty French will buy the team’s Racing Entitlements Contract and continue to field a Super Black entry following the death of founder Tony Lentino in July.
Racing veteran and sand mining magnate French is already heavily invested in Supercars as a co-owner of Prodrive Racing Australia, which controls the #5 and #6 RECs.http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/09/30/...k-racing-sold/

https://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...ck-rec-855982/
Tim Blanchard purchases Super Black REC
Old 16 Jul 2017, 06:18 (Ref:3751569)   #573
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
i would say the Jason Bright deal would be like the one Charlie Schwerkolt Racing had as he is racing under Current team: Britek Motorsport
Britek has a deal to be there, however Jason is a PRA paid driver and the sponsor is PRA provided

well that's my hope
Old 16 Jul 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3751571)   #574
WatchingOn
Rookie

WatchingOn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Actually he is someone I have been impressed with, I don't think he should go up just yet, maybe 2019, but he is someone who by far is punching above where PMM were 2 years ago.
Agreed, getting better as the year goes on

good to back it up on the podium at Townsville

bit hard for a few of them in the older gen cars last year but now it seems to be a lot more even with only a few tenths seperating the top 5 in practice and qualifyng
Old 16 Jul 2017, 23:02 (Ref:3752050)   #575
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post

Super Black Racing will continue in the Supercars Championship next season following a change of ownership.
Speedcafe.com can confirm that Rusty French will buy the team’s Racing Entitlements Contract and continue to field a Super Black entry following the death of founder Tony Lentino in July.
Racing veteran and sand mining magnate French is already heavily invested in Supercars as a co-owner of Prodrive Racing Australia, which controls the #5 and #6 RECs.http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/09/30/...k-racing-sold/

https://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...ck-rec-855982/
Tim Blanchard purchases Super Black REC
I'm afraid to say it but its too late for Super Black to return. Why ditch Britek. Its not the most successful team but at that is a team that has been under FPR since 2005, it went to BJR but is back at its origin. PRA top end people really need to work out what they want to do, this is why they are so unsuccessful as a team. As it is DJRTP has had more success this year then PRA in the last 2 years, and its only half season
Old 17 Jul 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3752259)   #576
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it the age of the PRA chassis that is the problem? How old is Bright's car?
Old 17 Jul 2017, 23:00 (Ref:3752280)   #577
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Older then Frosty, Chaz and Cam's I believe, its Frosty's car from early last year which also ran in 2015.
Old 17 Jul 2017, 23:01 (Ref:3752281)   #578
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingOn View Post
Agreed, getting better as the year goes on

good to back it up on the podium at Townsville

bit hard for a few of them in the older gen cars last year but now it seems to be a lot more even with only a few tenths seperating the top 5 in practice and qualifyng
Bryce Fullwood is also impressing
Old 18 Jul 2017, 05:08 (Ref:3752306)   #579
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Doubtful, COTF chassis are all the same... assuming they are repaired correctly after major crashes. It's bits bolted-on that count.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 05:43 (Ref:3752308)   #580
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Doubtful, COTF chassis are all the same... assuming they are repaired correctly after major crashes. It's bits bolted-on that count.
And belted in...
Old 18 Jul 2017, 07:15 (Ref:3752325)   #581
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
only thing is how much wear the chassis has had. Naturally something that is 3 years old isn't going to be as good as something built tomorow
Old 20 Jul 2017, 00:22 (Ref:3752925)   #582
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Davison Out At Tekno...?

He doesn't even know...
Old 20 Jul 2017, 02:11 (Ref:3752942)   #583
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A straight swap maybe?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 03:52 (Ref:3752959)   #584
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
A straight swap maybe?
For Mr Courtney?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 04:59 (Ref:3752963)   #585
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe he's possibly destined for different pastures IF he moves. And a different marque.