Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3737831)   #16
CTD
Subscriber
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Well, apart from bombs and explosives, I'll bring all of the forbidden items with me
So you also bring all kinds of weapons?
Old 1 Jun 2017, 05:36 (Ref:3737865)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well let us say that when camping, gas for cooking, knife for eating with, sharpe knife;=s for cooking, alcohol (both cooking and drinking) lighters, hammers for driving in tent pegs are all requirements, so security will have a very difficult job deciding what banned and what is not.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 09:40 (Ref:3737898)   #18
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
beer in cans is also alcoholic beverages, hope that will be allowed
Old 1 Jun 2017, 10:25 (Ref:3737904)   #19
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We've had beer cans confiscated going from Houx campsite into the circuit itself. It's a bit hit and miss though and normally it's possible to hide a few tinnies.

Hence my saying a big part of it is just ensuring they make money.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 11:17 (Ref:3737910)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
never had then query cans or plastic, last year we had to drain sevral bottles before we could get in at the main enterance by TR and then empty two water bottles so that we could pour the remaining cider bottles contents into the plastic water bottles as suggested by the security people
Old 1 Jun 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3737976)   #21
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I understand there is a ban on bottles, not cans and ofcourse large gas bottles.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 18:13 (Ref:3737978)   #22
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
As far as I understand there is a ban on bottles, not cans and ofcourse large gas bottles.
The glass bottle ban has been around for a while, but have they extended it to plastic bottles too?
Old 1 Jun 2017, 18:21 (Ref:3737979)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
no i am sure it is just small glass bottles as always
Old 1 Jun 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3738007)   #24
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
no i am sure it is just small glass bottles as always
Yep, glass bottles. Never had problems with plastic or cans.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3738105)   #25
PascaLM
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!
We will talk about this topic on next Sunday.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 16:01 (Ref:3739723)   #26
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My question is anyone taking any extra precautions this year and does anyone know whether the exterior (ie Blue Nord) campsites will have better fencing/ perimeters?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 9 Jun 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3739724)   #27
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And can I walk over the ditch with a crate of beer in hand!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 9 Jun 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3739730)   #28
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
My question is anyone taking any extra precautions this year...
I shall be buying beer in cans not bottles.

I think everyone needs to think about small things like not leaving your bag unattended when going to the bar or toilet, and understanding that the Cops will have less tolerance for tomfoolery on Mad Friday etc.

Otherwise I'm not changing my behaviour as that will allow the 'bad guys' to win.

(You make a good point about the extra fences, but equally they could be used to pen people into an area and make it harder to escape if there is an incident)
Old 19 Jun 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3745225)   #29
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
we talked to one of the security guards at Tertre Rouge entry and he said it was ok to bring bottles as long as they were not opened before.
We had managed to smuggle in 15 bottles of wine for home use before that, my experience was that they did not check all of the car (under the seats...)
It was also very easy to get our drinks for the tentenths meeting onto the general enclosure.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 15:27 (Ref:3745236)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We got stopped going to the meet and Mike's bottle had to be returned to the camp.